Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Advice for Fellow G35 Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice for Fellow G35 Owner

Hey Guys,

Im gonna try to take a slightly different approach than the usual poster. Instead of asking what is the best and what is what is what is what is....im gonna make some statements based on the research i have done before writing this post, and then you can just correct me if I am wrong.

2003 6mt G35 coupe, non-rev engine, ready to pull the trigger on a plenum spacer asap, just need a little help, and yes, i have used the search feature, many, many, times. Gonna be brief and to the point.

After doing research, can you please tell me if these conclusions are accurate. It may seem like a waste of time to you, but when it's your money that you are about to spend on something, it feels good to get some confirmation from the people on this website before pulling the trigger.

There is really no difference between a plenum spacer and a plenum (crawford, kinetix) in terms of producing power on a 2003 6mt non-rev, NA motor? And so, they are more or less considered equal...in terms of adding power

A spacer is for an OEM plenum only

If i live in cold weather, New York, buying a plenum spacer that is iso thermal copper is NOT a recomendation, it is requirement

This is one i have researched and found answers on both sides....can I keep the stock strut bar with the 1/2 spacer? Why would anyone want to remove the strut bar to fit a plenum spacer? Wouldn't the Handling be much worse?

I also had difficultly finding a concrete answer to will my engine cover fit with the 1/2 spacer.

It is pointless to buy the MREV2 manifold because I do not have the revup motor.

I do not need to also buy the manifold spacer or the aramid gasket, iso themral upgrade, from motordyne? Like, in addition to the spacer I am about to buy. Do those components add any hp or just prevent it from being robbed via heatsoak?

And this question I did not research...im just asking it...again...no research...just winging it....

Where should I look for the best price on the Motordyne iso thermal copper plenum spacer?

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghostfaced1

There is really no difference between a plenum spacer and a plenum (crawford, kinetix) in terms of producing power on a 2003 6mt non-rev, NA motor? And so, they are more or less considered equal...in terms of adding power
As far as I can remember, some aftermarket plenums do offer a little more HP, but I prefer the OEM one w/ a spacer.
A spacer is for an OEM plenum only
Yes, yes they are.
If i live in cold weather, New York, buying a plenum spacer that is iso thermal copper is NOT a recomendation, it is requirement.
I do not need to also buy the manifold spacer or the aramid gasket, iso themral upgrade, from motordyne? Like, in addition to the spacer I am about to buy. Do those components add any hp or just prevent it from being robbed via heatsoak?
These two ask the same thing pretty much. The ISO thermal is recommended to prevent heatsoak. Doesn't add any more HP, doesnt take any away. I run just the spacer, but then again I live in Hawaii, so I dont have to worry about winter time snow and stuff
This is one i have researched and found answers on both sides....can I keep the stock strut bar with the 1/2 spacer? Why would anyone want to remove the strut bar to fit a plenum spacer? Wouldn't the Handling be much worse?
I also had difficultly finding a concrete answer to will my engine cover fit with the 1/2 spacer.
Strut bar, no engine cover, yes. Strut bar AND engine cover, no.
It is pointless to buy the MREV2 manifold because I do not have the revup motor.

I've seen people gain some HP running MREV2's on non rev-up motors. Not pointless at all, but not necessary. Maybe money that could be spent on something else.

And this question I did not research...im just asking it...again...no research...just winging it....

Where should I look for the best price on the Motordyne iso thermal copper plenum spacer?

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it.

This one is easy. Check the marketplace. People selling their's in the private classifieds all the time, and the Vendors offer great prices too
. Wow, that was alot haha. Hope I could help.

The following users liked this post:
Ghostfaced1 (01-07-2012)