Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Radiator core removal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Addict
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Radiator core removal?

today i removed my radiator core support ever since my accident, i have a few questions on some specific parts that im not sure if ill need to buy or not?

this part right here broke in half with the impact its attached to the radiator do i need to buy this or does it come with a new radiator that i buy?

as i was taking off my radiator core support i also noticed this

i took it off but whatever it was attached too stood on the core didnt know how to take it off im pretty sure the new core i order wont have this so should i take it off?

and also im planning to remove the radiator next since its broken and leaken any advice or diy guides on it, and do i need any specific devices i heard something about frusion im not sure ...can anybody help me? dont want to do something im not suppose too...

Old 02-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
in the first pic, that is a sensor and i think that is on the a/c condensor, not the radiator. unscrew it and buy a new.

the second pic, that is the crash sensor, you need that so make sure to install it on the new core support.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (02-24-2012)
Old 02-24-2012, 01:55 AM
Addict
Originally Posted by psycobusa
in the first pic, that is a sensor and i think that is on the a/c condensor, not the radiator. unscrew it and buy a new.

the second pic, that is the crash sensor, you need that so make sure to install it on the new core support.
how do i unscrew it and from where i tried looking at it earlier and it seems attached to the radiator but i can manage to look carefully again...do you know from where? and the second pic ok cool ill save it until my new core comes in...

Old 02-24-2012, 03:08 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
that part is called the condensor pressure switch. can you not see where your wrench is suppose to fit on it? just unscrew it and put a new one in.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (02-24-2012)
Old 03-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Addict
Originally Posted by psycobusa
that part is called the condensor pressure switch. can you not see where your wrench is suppose to fit on it? just unscrew it and put a new one in.
ok i just took it out but their was a hissing sound coming out so i plugged it right back in....is this normal i havent gotten the new plug yet? a little help please?