Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

NEW!!! SOHO Motorsports Single Turbo Kit!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2012 | 03:41 PM
|
I think all of you have waited long enough. In the next two weeks we will be releasing all of the info on this kit. From photos to videos to price points to kit options to dyno numbers to track reports. But in the meantime enjoy this little sneak peek we posted on fb a few days ago! Who wants to see more!?

Old 09-18-2012 | 06:14 PM
I wanna see more and know more. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Old 09-19-2012 | 12:24 AM
|
Well you have all been waiting so here it is, check out the first and only released video of the Soho Motorsprts Single Turbo Kit on a Stock 350Z VQ35 Block - Turbo By Garrett GTX3582R at 5.8psi Wastegate - 351hp / 363tq on Dyno Jet - Weather 85º and 80% Humidity. Next up 8psi tune then 10 and then with a built motor at about 15psi. We will release a new video every so many days, enjoy! http://youtu.be/gPmrPz8cmEM?hd=1

Old 09-19-2012 | 09:19 AM
Nice im going to have to watch this after work, any release on price point yet? Worst case please PM me.

Old 09-19-2012 | 10:05 PM
|
More teaser photos: :thumbup:

Old 09-19-2012 | 10:54 PM
|
post deleted

Last edited by Kevin@Soho; 09-27-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-20-2012 | 02:55 PM
You guys have a price for any of the set ups yet on your site and was this a stock non rev-up or rev-up engine??

Old 09-20-2012 | 11:17 PM
|
Prices will be coming soon just finalizing some things. And this was an absolutely stock non rev up. No spacer or anything. Just the turbo kit and exhaust (which comes with the kit)

Old 09-27-2012 | 06:00 PM
I don't get it. You avoid heat soak from the radiator but still have heat soak from running intake piping right next to the hotside of the turbo.

I know you have it wrapped with the heat reflective foil, but you can wrap the other kits that run by the radiator too.

I don't get how this routing will give you and noticeable gain from avoiding heat soak.

Old 09-27-2012 | 09:23 PM
|
Completely avoiding heat soak from a forced induction kit or anything under the hood is nearly impossible. Nearly all turbo kits on the market, especially singles, have the charge pipe near the turbo like ours, this is inevitable because there is only so much room in our engine bays. However having said all of that, our kit is different than the rest.

The SOHO Single Turbo kit has a unique design that allows for the pipes that run to the intercooler to be away from hot engine bay temps and lowered to the bottom of the car where it receives more moving air from under the bumper and further away from the radiators heat.

As you may recall most single kits have a pipe that runs right across the top of the radiator. With those kits the air has to travel over a large area (above the radiator) that is easily heat soaked after a few minutes of running, then travel through the intercooler to be cooled and then get heat soaked again for a brief moment on the way to the intake manifold as it passes the turbo. As I said before it is nearly impossible to have an turbo in our engine bays without having at least the charge pipe run next to the turbo. But thats not where the design flaw lies, the majority of the heat soak on the kits available is caused by running that pipe on top of the radiator, crammed in the engine bay unable to receive ambient air across it from the outside. Our kit removes that problem and therefore the air going into the intercooler is many degrees cooler and when the cold air leaves the intercooler for the engine it only crosses through a small heat zone next to the turbo, but thats when the heat tape comes in handy. We have abused this kit on the dyno, street and track and the amount of heat soak is nearly invisible with our setup combines with Mishimoto's Gold Reflective Tape.

I hope that clarifies what we mean by limiting heat soak, we cant completely remove it but we sure have made it as small a problem as humanly possible while keeping the turbo in the engine bay.

Originally Posted by CHudson Coupe
I don't get it. You avoid heat soak from the radiator but still have heat soak from running intake piping right next to the hotside of the turbo.

I know you have it wrapped with the heat reflective foil, but you can wrap the other kits that run by the radiator too.

I don't get how this routing will give you and noticeable gain from avoiding heat soak.

Old 09-27-2012 | 10:43 PM
|
Updated the flyer:
Name:  SOHOpostTurboInfo-1.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  183.2 KB

Also we have put detailed descriptions of the Turbo Kit breakdowns on our website and on our store but here they are in simple terms. (Prices to be announced soon!)

SOHO Motorsports VQ Single Turbo Kit - Base Model

- Garrett GTX 3582R Turbo
- Tial 1.03 V-Band Housing
- Tial Wastegate & Blow Off Valve
- All Necessary Cold & Hot Piping
- SOHO Engineered Intercooler
- SOHO Oil Catch Can
- AAM Oil Pan Spacer Kit
- Simple Install & Maintenance Friendly

* Base Model does NOT include Injectors, Fuel Pump, ECU Management, Tune and upgraded MAF Sensor.
** Works with stock exhaust, headers and aftermarket cat-back equivalents.

SOHO Motorsports VQ Single Turbo Kit - Premium Model

- Garrett GTX 3582R Turbo
- Tial 1.03 V-Band Housing
- Tial Wastegate & Blow Off Valve
- All Necessary Cold & Hot Piping
- SOHO Engineered Intercooler
- SOHO Single Exhaust
- SOHO Oil Catch Can
- AAM Oil Pan Spacer Kit
- UpRev Osiris Engine Management & MAF Sensor
- Deatschwerks Drop-In 265lph Fuel Pump
- Destschwerks 600cc Injectors
- Powder or Heat Coated
- Simple Install & Maintenance Friendly

* Base Model is available for individuals who already have required fuel and ecu components.
** Works with stock exhaust, headers and aftermarket cat-back equivalents.

Last edited by Kevin@Soho; 09-27-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2012 | 11:46 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
pricing yet?

Old 09-29-2012 | 01:04 PM
When pricing takes place. 06 revup, Base model shipped to 14526

Old 09-30-2012 | 09:21 PM
|
Final SOHO Motorsports VQ35DE Turbo Kit Photos!

Old 10-01-2012 | 11:31 PM
|
Bump

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW!!! SOHO Motorsports Single Turbo Kit!