Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Charge Issue(E Brake and Charge Lights on)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charge Issue(E Brake and Charge Lights on)

My car is a 2003.

My G35 Coupe was on the highway when suddenly the Emergency brake warning light and the Charge (battery/alternator) warning light came on.

When I got home, I tested it and found that it definitely was NOT charging ( not an issue with the warning lights). I have had some issues with this before, but they seemed to be solved. The dealership confirmed a burnt out alternator about three weeks ago. I had it replaced. The car then worked properly for around a week. Then, it died again. I found a plug wasn't in all the way on the alternator, and the battery was old and possibly defunct.

I ensured the cord was plugged in correctly and had the battery replaced.

Then it has worked great for over two weeks with no problems until this happened.

What is possibly wrong with my car, and how should I get it fixed?

Old 06-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same issue with my 2003 G35 sedan. It was working perfect then today the battery and brake lights come on I verify the baterry voltage with the engine running and the alternator is doing nothing. I would like to know if this car have a alternator fuse or something like that before buying a new alt.

Originally Posted by braydengerr
My car is a 2003.

My G35 Coupe was on the highway when suddenly the Emergency brake warning light and the Charge (battery/alternator) warning light came on.

When I got home, I tested it and found that it definitely was NOT charging ( not an issue with the warning lights). I have had some issues with this before, but they seemed to be solved. The dealership confirmed a burnt out alternator about three weeks ago. I had it replaced. The car then worked properly for around a week. Then, it died again. I found a plug wasn't in all the way on the alternator, and the battery was old and possibly defunct.

I ensured the cord was plugged in correctly and had the battery replaced.

Then it has worked great for over two weeks with no problems until this happened.

What is possibly wrong with my car, and how should I get it fixed?