Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

In Depth Review of the NWP Engineering 75mm Big Bore Throttle Body Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
In Depth Review of the NWP Engineering 75mm Big Bore Throttle Body Kit

My thoughts of the NWP Engineering Big Bore Throttle Body Kit

When I first opened up the packaging, I was already impressed with how well they packaged the whole kit. Came with everything as posted, plus a few stickers, coozie, and bottle opener. Everything was well wrapped, and kept safe for no damage issues when in shipping. Instructions were provided and very easy to follow for anyone not knowing where to start. They give very detailed instrutctions for the step by step process which only takes no more than 30min to do the full thing.

After installation, I was told by Aaron, owner of NWP Engineering, to turn the key [ON] but not to crank the engine over. Instead, give it 5 seconds in the [ON] position, then crank it over. This allowed the ECU to fully turn on, throttle body to open and close initially, and allow the car to fully prep itself to start. I did just that and the car started up perfectly fine. Once the engine fully warmed up, the idle speed went from 1200rpm, down to 650-700rpm. This is PERFECT idle speed for the VQ motors.

Once everything was running fine, and the engine was warmed up perfectly, I took the car for a little spin. Once I gave it a little bit of gas, I noticed that the throttle response was a lot crisper. With the OEM throttle body, you normally have about a 1cm-2cm play room before the throttle initially sets off. With the Hitatchi throttle body, you get a VERY quick response. Almost as if you are not expecting it really. Now on the acceleration side of things, I noticed that with the OEM throttle body, at higher RPMs (5500+) it kinda starts to bog down a bit until you shift. This throttle body, it is very steady and strong as you get higher up in that range.

Pros:
-Simple Installation
-Quicker Response
-Much more power when you get in the higher RPMs
-Cleaner look
-Much deeper sound coming from the motor

Con:
-This was a hard one to find because I really can't complain at all with this upgrade. Very well designed, thought out, and tested. But the only thing that was killing me the most was that I couldn't find a 5mm Allen Wrench anywhere until I dug through my tool box and finally found an allen wrench socket set. Only thing I would recommend for NWP is giving an optional 5mm allen wrench socket to hook up to your 3/8ths ratchet.

Overall I am very pleased with this kit, and it worked very well for me. Worth the money for a simple completion to your N/A or F/I set up!

Old 07-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
thanks for the review but it is hardly in depth.

No pics, no dyno..........no care.

The following users liked this post:
Hotdawwgman (03-04-2015)
Old 07-31-2013, 10:50 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
have this too, complements my cams well

Old 08-01-2013, 01:22 AM
Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
I have seen the dyno charts from these. Unless you're doing a complete build I don't see the cost of them being worth it. Yeah you gain something like 20hp, but not until almost 6k and by that point you're getting ready to shift. From what I remember the rest of the rpm range was same as stock and some areas leas than stock.