Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Body control Module (BCM)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body control Module (BCM)

Hello everyone,

My day has been all bad news to me. My 2006 infiniti g35 coupe Automatic ran into big problems!

It all started 2 weeks ago when my battery died and i had to get it jump started. After getting it jump started my dashboard light came on saying "check engine soon" so i did not drive it for 4 days or so, being because i'm in college and i walk alot. Monday 11/25/13 i carried it to pep boys bought a new battery got it installed by them. Leaving pep boys my car suddenly "died" electronics went off etc for a split second and came back on just like normal. I thought maybe it was just the new battery kicking in..went straight to the car wash got the car washed through the machine and parked my car waiting to get it hand waxed by the washers i stepped out and locked my car. Re-entering it my car did not start at all. Not even a single light around the ring to insert the key. Pop opened the hood and my minus' alternator was loose! Got it thight in which got the lights running in my car but could NOT start my engine. It cranks but does NOT start! Ever since it hasn't start up again. I towed it to pep boys. They were worthless i towed it to a dealer and now they are saying my Body Control Module went bad for "some unknown reason" and they are now charging me 1123$ to get it ordered,installed & reprogramming it with my keys.

Can someone please let me know if there is a easier way out of this ripoff?
Where to buy a BCM, howmuch would it cost to get it fixed at a mechanic? How to reprogram my own keys etc?
I really don't want to pay 1123$ on this.

Thank you for ya'll help!

Old 12-01-2013, 12:57 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Check www.slidegood.com. I've ordered a bunch of interior parts from them in the past and they're relatively cheap, ship quickly, and show you the parts they will send to you on the site rather than a canned pic. I don't know much about reprogramming the keys although that should be something you can either google or get a locksmith to help with cheaper than the dealer. I wouldn't even know what a BCM should run but that's a good first thought for you on finding one at least. Good luck

Old 12-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
You can buy a used BCM on ebay for 100 dollars and swap it out yourself. Very simple.
Only the dealer can reprogram keys, but usually doesnt cost very much maybe $100.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Yep, get a spare BCM from ebay - get same model year to be safe... I would first ask what codes are being thrown and research that. If the car does not start, I'd say it was the cam or crank sensor, and maybe the ECU before I'd say it was a faulty BCM... When you washed the car, did you get the engine bay wet?