Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Oem green coolant vs blue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
I didnt think it would be a problem.. How much do I need if im flushing all the old green out??

Old 02-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by anthony636
Geez some of these other dealerships are so afraid of work. I work at an Infiniti dealer, and I get customers making the request all the time. We have a coolant flush machine that'll swap the fluid. It's a little costly but that's what you get. You get what you pay for. I did it on my coupe. I ran the machine until only clear fluid came out. While the machine was doing the transfer I sat in the car and gave it sharp revs to try and push what's left in the block out. Once it was completely clear I ran 5 gallons through it. There's nothing wrong with switching. It's only blue to signify that is 50/50 long life. Why is it long life? Cause it's premixed from the factory with distilled water. Green blue, same same. One premixed one concentrate.
Thanks Anthony.

You know I don't know either, it really irks me getting false information from someone is suppose to be "trained" on this stuff. I'm sorry for misleading anyone, I only did what I was told by the "professionals". One of the two dealerships I called was Beshoff too; which is suppose to be very credible .

Well since I know that, I guess I will stick with the blue since I already purchased it. Although, I will be doing this procedure by myself without the machine so its still okay to switch right? Also, when switching do I have to drain the block because I would rather not too. The dealerships said they didn't touch the block when changing the coolant.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:44 PM
So when you flush the reservoir, the uneven ratio of distilled and coolant doesn't matter? Just flush some distiled water through and refill?

Old 02-17-2014, 03:00 PM
You want to get as much of the old coolant out as possible without creating an air pocket. As far as the mixture. It's pre mixed 50/50 prediluted. As it says on the jug do not add water. I would just empty the reservoir clean it really well, and top off with blue. I hope this helps. Feel free to pm me with any questions. I'm here to help.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:28 PM
CONCLUSION:

It is perfectly FINE switching the Nissan oem coolant from the green coolant to the blue coolant. It is also fine if you use the green coolant to top off the blue coolant and the blue coolant to top off the blue if you need to as both coolants are backwards compatible. However, the blue coolant is long life so adding any of the green would obviously dilute the long-life.

According to the Nissan service bulletin the new blue LLC is suppose to last 10 years or 135,000 miles which is a long long time. Although, they still say don't wait that long to change it and it is still recommended you change the blue every 4 years or 60,000 miles.

I got my information from a service bulletin posted by Nissan so its right from the source:http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...61535280,d.aWM

The following users liked this post:
Frankieg35 (02-20-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Just got the upper and lower coolant pipes, radiator cap, a flush kit and some blue coolant.. Gonna do this tomorrow hopefully.. The guy at infiniti said the blue is perfectly fine to use as long as you flush the green out and only use the blue in the future to do topoffs and such.. U cant mix them..