Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

AC Compresser Idler Pulley.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AC Compresser Idler Pulley.

So for the past 2 years or so I've been hearing a squeaking noise (Similar to the noise you hear when your belt needs retensioning) and it used to only come when it rained. Now it's gotten to the point where rain/dry its squeaking and its irritating. I'm thinking it's the Idler pulley on the AC Compressor side (Ref# 11925M), but the stealership wants to charge me $200 for it which is absurd.

So are there any reputable retailers still selling OEM G35 part? Also anyone else have similar symptoms and know what exactly it could be? (Belts are OEM and relatively new, the tension on them have also been checked).

Old 05-15-2016, 10:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You are probably correct. It's easy to diagnose and even fix with basic tools. When these idler pulleys/tensioners start to go they either squeak or make the belts squeal. 11925M Affixes to a bracket that you should also replace along with the belt if it is cracked and worn. You need to pay close attention to instructions when re-tightening this pulley. It has to be done in a specific order or you will damage the bracket when you start to re-tension the belt.

I actually have one of these brackets that came off an 05. I can have it sent to you if your serious about DIY. Just pm me

Old 05-16-2016, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Velix
You are probably correct. It's easy to diagnose and even fix with basic tools. When these idler pulleys/tensioners start to go they either squeak or make the belts squeal. 11925M Affixes to a bracket that you should also replace along with the belt if it is cracked and worn. You need to pay close attention to instructions when re-tightening this pulley. It has to be done in a specific order or you will damage the bracket when you start to re-tension the belt.

I actually have one of these brackets that came off an 05. I can have it sent to you if your serious about DIY. Just pm me
I used a stethoscope and confirmed it was the pulley. I'll be replacing both pulleys while I'm at it. Belt is relatively new (15K on it) so it looks fine. As for the bracket, I'm in Canada so the shipping will probably end up being more than the part itself but I appreciate the offer.

Hopefully this fixes the problem and I can drive my car again without being embarrassed.