Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Whats this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whats this?

Has anybody ever seen this? Maybe a good item to try on a "dyno day
I would even pay for the thing to see if it works'
http://www.20horsepower.com/

Last edited by GEE PASTA; 02-26-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea I've seen similar products on Ebay (literally, other then the coloration they look exactly the same). Read the wording carefully, see the stuff about "modifying ECU signals?" Sounds to me like those resistors that you put in your MAFS. What I can tell you about this, not a good idea, definitely won't give you those gains, and save your money!

Old 02-26-2005, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If $29.99 mod can give you +20 HP/ 12 lb/ft im sure most of the aftermarket companey will go outta business
I think thats not a good idea for our car...just my opinion...

Old 02-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
As quoted from the ad:

In short, when the engine compartment heats up, some sensors that relay pertinent fuel curve contingent information to the ECU begin to lose accuracy due to heat absorption into the sensor. The ECU then reads these incorrect signals, and leans out the fuel curve, which is bad for performance.
Sorry Velocity Inc., but when the ECU reads high temps and "incorrect signals", it's doesn't lean out the fuel mixture......it richens the fuel mixture. A lean fuel mixture can cause detonation and can blow your motor. Richening the fuel mixture cools the compression chamber, reduces detonation, and also kills power. These bozos somehow believe richening the fuel increases power I wouldn't give them a dime for that part.

Old 02-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
I can sell you some stickers to put on your car. They will add 5hp a piece. Only $19.99!!!

Old 02-27-2005, 09:22 PM
its nothing...its a waste of time and money...those little ***** are all over ebay. on ebay they also have this thing that says "supercharge any car for 50 dollars". and if you look at the sellers feedback people actully bought it. proablably civic drivers.

Old 02-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by MrBillMartin
its nothing...its a waste of time and money...those little ***** are all over ebay. on ebay they also have this thing that says "supercharge any car for 50 dollars". and if you look at the sellers feedback people actully bought it. proablably civic drivers.
Ohhhh man who couldn't love the electric turbo! Stick a little thing in your intake tube and for $50 you'll get blown away with power

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.