Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

has anybody installed a twin turbo on your g

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has anybody installed a twin turbo on your g

So I am looking for a turbo system for my 04 g35 coupe i am trying to decide what i should do because i really like the vq but want more power out of it. So far i have been looking and trying to decide if i want to get the aam twin turbo kit or if i should go with the hks turbos. I am not set on a twin turbo or a specific brand so i would appreciate a few options for it. I am also not sure at what point i should rebuild my internals to handle the turbo. some people have said i don't need to and others said i do. I am a fairly new g owner and i'm not to familiar with internals so i don't know what they can handle. I will make changes to the engine (injectors, oil cooler, etc.) as needed. my only thing i really want is for it to be able to keep with an Ls1 swapped g35 sedan because of course you can't let a coupe get beat by a sedan. I will have a custom exhaust built around the turbo and where i decide i want it to fit. This car is half track and half daily.

So my criteria for it is that:
1.It needs to fast...... that's about it

Old 04-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Sounds like a dreamer thread. You need way more than a fabricated exhaust and a turbo kit.. your engine won't last long due to the way turbos make power.

As to the fact you want it to keep up with an ls1 sedan, there's always someone faster.

What's your budget? A properly turbo build isn't cheap...just go check out some old threads

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.