Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Car Overheating Bad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Overheating Bad

2005 G35 Coupe

Recently started having bad overheating problems. It gets hot quickly once I begin to drive and starts leaking and gurgling bad. At idle it’s nearly fine, just a very very slow rise.

Ive replaced the water pump, the thermostat, and the radiator. The expansion tank is not leaking anything.

It still leaks after driving bad and I don’t know what else to do. I need to be able to drive this car.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
You replaced the water pump? I thought that calls for pulling the engine out

Old 10-09-2017, 08:51 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Before you destroy your engine get your G to a radiator shop and have them pressure test your system. After installing everything in your cooling system you shouldn't have leaks even if you didn't get all the air out of your system, that's why the pressure test is necessary!
Gary

Old 10-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Jsmosher11
2005 G35 Coupe

Recently started having bad overheating problems. It gets hot quickly once I begin to drive and starts leaking and gurgling bad. At idle it’s nearly fine, just a very very slow rise.

Ive replaced the water pump, the thermostat, and the radiator. The expansion tank is not leaking anything.

It still leaks after driving bad and I don’t know what else to do. I need to be able to drive this car.
What about your 13 year old hoses and belts?

Was the water pump OEM or something else?

Telcoman

Old 10-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by FreshLikeAG
You replaced the water pump? I thought that calls for pulling the engine out
It was a pain but I got it with the engine in. Just removed the fan and the radiator for better access.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Before you destroy your engine get your G to a radiator shop and have them pressure test your system. After installing everything in your cooling system you shouldn't have leaks even if you didn't get all the air out of your system, that's why the pressure test is necessary!
Gary
Thats the plan today.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by telcoman
What about your 13 year old hoses and belts?

Was the water pump OEM or something else?

Telcoman
The hoses are all holding up, interestingly it began to overheat today and then it sat for a minute and then stopped overheating.

The water pump pump was from AutoZone.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsmosher11
The hoses are all holding up, interestingly it began to overheat today and then it sat for a minute and then stopped overheating.
The water pump pump was from AutoZone.
AutoZone? There are several parts I wouldn't buy from auto parts stores, anything electronic or essential like a water pump or thermostat! If they're not working your Pressure test will reveal the area that's causing your over heating issues, they don't just disappear like your experiencing!
Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.