Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2006 G35 Coupe, 145K Turns Off Randomly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 G35 Coupe, 145K Turns Off Randomly

Hello,
First time I've used this forum for help, thank you in advance!

I have a 2006 G that has 145K miles of bone stock parts on it and running strong. A few months back the car died on my while idling, got the car to fire back up and no issue since. Yesterday I was driving on the highway and it felt like the car sputtered a few times about 5-10 min apart, almost like a spark blow out feeling. Got off the highway and pulled into a drive thru, car died. She started right back up again and was fine until this evening, died out twice on the way home. First time was at a stop light and the second was rolling into a stop, car started right back up each time. After this the car had a few lights come on in the dash, check engine, VDC and slip were all on. After pulling the codes i erased them and was able to make my 30 min drive back home without any issues. Only other issue it has ever had is it takes more than a normal amount of cranks before it fires over.

Codes: All of them were on there twice
P0345 - Cam Position Sensor
P0159 - Slow Response O2 Bank 2
P0158 - Rear O2 Bank 2
P0157 - Rear O2 Bank 2

Thank you for your help!

-Stephen

Old 11-06-2017, 09:57 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Sounds like a cam sensor to me, all those others was probably the sputtering causing extra fuel to be spat out the exhaust. Pull exactly which code P#### it will tell you which bank the sensor is failing on.

Word of advice, buy a new one from Nissan (or OEM dealer) don't get an aftermarket one, people have terrible experiences with them usually.

Edit: whoops, P0345 that's the driver side intake, it's one one with the angled connector not the straight connector.

Last edited by cleric670; 11-06-2017 at 10:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
G35stephen (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Sounds like a cam sensor to me, all those others was probably the sputtering causing extra fuel to be spat out the exhaust. Pull exactly which code P#### it will tell you which bank the sensor is failing on.

Word of advice, buy a new one from Nissan (or OEM dealer) don't get an aftermarket one, people have terrible experiences with them usually.

Edit: whoops, P0345 that's the driver side intake, it's one one with the angled connector not the straight connector.

Thank you! I'm getting the angled cam sensor tomorrow and hoping it clears it up.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:49 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Double check that it's the intake one but I'm almost 100% sure that's the one.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:25 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by G35stephen
Thank you! I'm getting the angled cam sensor tomorrow and hoping it clears it up.
Cleric is right, it's the bank 2 sensor one (driver's side) and the angled one. If you can wait order an OEM from Amazon, they're significantly cheaper than going to the Infiniti or Nissan dealerships for them. I got the bank one sensor for almost half of what the Infiniti dealer here wanted for it.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:57 PM
So far so good on the cam sensor code, the bank 2 O2 code came back on so ill replace that sensor next.

Thank you both!

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Cleric is right, it's the bank 2 sensor one (driver's side) and the angled one. If you can wait order an OEM from Amazon, they're significantly cheaper than going to the Infiniti or Nissan dealerships for them. I got the bank one sensor for almost half of what the Infiniti dealer here wanted for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.