Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Unichip Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KPierson
Thats terrible, I really feel bad for you and all you have been through. Its REDICULOUS that a company would actually do that for you. Why would anyone charge a restocking fee if the product they sold you NEVER worked. I guess we'll leave the Unichip for the Honda people....
And the poor honda guys have the crooks at v6p.net to lie to them and tell them that the product makes gains and they're not smart enough to know better. (if they are and they say anything they'll get banned )

Old 04-29-2005, 09:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, Unichip has a checkered past. They have gone through a lot of turnover with their distributors/resellers. They do not have a good reputation and those that have used/sold the Unichip, hate the product and company. The product never worked then, and it does not work now. Unichip attempts to justify any hp above normal as “gains.” Whether it is 1hp or 9hp, I believe this to be fraud. My argument is that their website claims a substantial increase in performance across the entire RPM band. Approximately, 20hp or so. In fact, the results are quite remarkable. Only after slamming Joshua of Unichip with multiple telephone calls and emails, he finally conceded that any gains would only be realized at redline. Just think of it, 7000RPM shifts from gear-to-gear for that elusive 6-9hp. My vehicle should last a week. Sure is hell different from the message presented on the Unichip website. However, a 6-9hp increase is statistically insignificant and can be within any margin of error. That margin of error is Unichip’s best defense. Therefore, applying Unichip’s perception of performance, if we see a 1RWHP gain, we should be happy. Oddly, even Joshua of Unichip said he was surprised and disappointed with Gumbee’s performance with the Unichip. The ironic thing is Joshua of Unichip made a special trip to visit Gumbee’s tuner and built the maps himself. How is that for successful conclusion!

Old 04-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by neffster
And the poor honda guys have the crooks at v6p.net to lie to them and tell them that the product makes gains and they're not smart enough to know better. (if they are and they say anything they'll get banned )
Maurice of V6P banning me for speaking out against the Unichip on VQ35 applications only goes to show that they are, indeed, crooks. I have never questioned the performance on the Honda motors, they claim they get significant gains (and great profit margins) and I just assumed that they did because they have an R&D department to 'test' products. However, now that I know a little more about the Unichip I seriously doubt it has the ability to add significant hp gains to ANY NA stock car.