Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

JWT Cams

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JWT Cams

I want to get your opinions on the subject of cams. I have been looking at the JWT G35 Billet Camshaft Set (A3503-N00S1) for sometime. However, I could shoot myself, as this should have been the first modification to my car.

I read that the JWT cams yield 13rwhp. In retrospect, if a new set of JWT cams produces 13rwhp for $1,200.00, then I am looking at $91.32 per rwhp. Compared to all the cash we spent on our bolt-on’s, the JWT cams look better and better.

What should I expect to encounter with this project? What are the hidden costs? Would it be safe to assume that this job would require the expertise of an Infiniti dealership.

Thank you.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by realdieu
I want to get your opinions on the subject of cams. I have been looking at the JWT G35 Billet Camshaft Set (A3503-N00S1) for sometime. However, I could shoot myself, as this should have been the first modification to my car.

I read that the JWT cams yield 13rwhp. In retrospect, if a new set of JWT cams produces 13rwhp for $1,200.00, then I am looking at $91.32 per rwhp. Compared to all the cash we spent on our bolt-on’s, the JWT cams look better and better.

What should I expect to encounter with this project? What are the hidden costs? Would it be safe to assume that this job would require the expertise of an Infiniti dealership.

Thank you.
Yo brother
Will you do yourself justice and call Doug at Crawford. I talked to Doug yesterday and this guy is just real and knows what he is talking about. I feel your pain and Its safe to say we have been driven down the road to slow. This VQ is a beast and its up to you to beat its ***.
Call Doug ----------------------------- Crawfordklan Dennis

Last edited by GEE PASTA; 03-29-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Crawford sells the Jim Wolf Technology Camsets.

Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
Yo brother
Will you do yourself justice and call Doug at Crawford. I talked to Doug yesterday and this guy is just real and knows what he is talking about. I feel your pain and Its safe to say we have been driven down the road to slow. This VQ is a beast and its up to you to beat its ***.
Call Doug ----------------------------- Crawfordklan Dennis

Old 03-30-2005, 01:04 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod
is that installed price???

Ed Lin

Old 03-30-2005, 01:16 AM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by realdieu
Crawford sells the Jim Wolf Technology Camsets.

Then Maybe you should call jim Wolf Technology. I watch what works here Im starting to feel this is just all a big cult. No way call Doug!!!!!!!!
Dennis. PS Is this all about money? I think not

Old 03-30-2005, 08:26 AM
IMO, calling and speaking with Doug is a good idea. He is designing his own set of cams (actually he already has designed one set and is beginning work on his second set as I type).

The poster above didn't say "buy a set of cams from Doug", just give him a call and tap his brain. It's free and you'll probably learn a thing or two about what needs to be done.

Ask questions like... "If I get 'x' cams, does the ECU need to be reflashed?" "How difficult is the typical install?" "How much money would a complete cam install run me on average?" "What problems may/will result from doing this mod?" "Is there anything else I need to do while I'm messing with the cams?" "Will I constantly throw a C.E.L. if I get 'x' brand of cams?" "How much power can I expect to gain?"

If you get bold, you can ask; "What cams do you recommend for max power and NO CEL's?"

This may be a mod that I venture into in the next 3-6 months. I'm still really enjoying the Crawford Package at the present time. Don't want to go all out too soon because the mod itch doesn't go away and I'm running out of go-go juice options if I stay NA.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:05 AM
Wow, I am running into a problem in obtaining a quote for the cam install. Apparently, Infiniti of Novi Michigan changed their policy and decided to nix the after-market installs. However, I called a Nissan dealership and they said they would do the install. Nice bunch of fellows to talk with. Apparently, they just finished a supercharger install. Anyway, Nissan said the install would take around 8 hours at $65 hour ($520.00). Sounds like a damn good deal.

My only challenge now is what lie I use when my wife asks where my vehicle is…

Trending Topics

Old 03-30-2005, 11:27 AM
I spoke with JWT and any G35 manufactured AFTER 06/03, requires this modification (enclosed). Without this modification, the vehicle will stall at idle. This is applicable with ANY cam set.

260 DEG DUR. / .428"(10.9MM) LIFT, INT. ADVANCED 2 DEGREES. ** NOTE: THIS CAM UPGRADE MAY REQUIRE THE IDLE RPM BE SET TO 850 RPM TO PREVENT POSSIBLE STALLING AT IDLE. 2004+ LEV II VEHICLES DO NOT ALLOW FOR IDLE ADJUSTMENT AND SHOULD NOT USE THESE CAMS UNLESS AN IDLE STABILIZING KIT IS INSTALLED (CALL JWT BEFORE INSTALL). LEV II PRODUCTION STARTS 10/03 FOR 350Z AND 6/03 FOR G35. THESE CAMS ARE DESIGNED TO USE THE STOCK SPRINGS. PATHFINDER/QX4 MUST USE SPROCKET ADAPTORS.
http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/cus...asp?PartID=443

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/wol...BILITY_FIX.PDF

Attached Thumbnails JWT Cams-fix.jpg  

Last edited by realdieu; 03-30-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:44 AM
I picked up my car from Nissan yesterday. Though I spent $1,400, for the cams and the install, the performance is substantial. This is the first time that I have actually felt the car “pull” when I floored-it. I would recommend that a set of cams be considered before headers, cats, and exhaust.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:51 AM
The JWT Cams with install was only $1400?

Old 04-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Yes, I purchased the JWT cams on Ebay (new) for $750. They retail for $1,200.00. I paid around $600 for the install. I saved about $400.00. I have a contact who can get another set of JWT cams if you are interested.

Originally Posted by Keith N
The JWT Cams with install was only $1400?

Old 04-21-2005, 10:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what kind of power did you see, did any stock configures have to be changed.
thanks in advance.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:59 AM
what year is your g?

Old 04-22-2005, 12:16 PM
How did the JWT cams shift or affect your powerband?

Old 04-22-2005, 12:39 PM
The cams are cut pretty mild so it won't affect your idle/drive too much. The JWT and Nismo are relatively the same grind. Top Speed is about to release their cams, which match the JWT/Nismo pretty close. There is talk of a potential group buy over at the Z forum.

If you haven't done cam installs before, take it to a shop. If you screw up your cam install, your car will run extremely rough. You may even run the risk of bent valves if your intake/exhaust cams aren't timed right.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JWT Cams