Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Manifold Bypass Mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Devil's Advocate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ballisticus
The maniford gasket is herehttp://www.nipponpower.com/engine/manifold_gasket/nextgear_gasket.html

I put it on along with a home-made upper insulator/spacer. You can see the lower insulator in the pix with the arrow. The entire thing (top/bottom) is ice cold even after a hard run. It works.
Thanks for the info, how difficult was it to pull the lower manifold and install the gasket?

Old 04-04-2005, 03:32 PM
The maniford gasket is herehttp://www.nipponpower.com/engine/manifold_gasket/nextgear_gasket.html

I put it on along with a home-made upper insulator/spacer. You can see the lower insulator in the pix with the arrow. The entire thing (top/bottom) is ice cold even after a hard run. It works.
Ballisticus - interesting.....

Although, I can't seem to picture what this insulator is, or looks like, in your post. Looks like a red button in the pic with an arrow?

I also checked the website and it looks like a gasket? can you provide a quick walk-through of the install? thanks!

Old 04-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
proven power made with these gaskets. they don't have that gasket at nippon racing. I got mine from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Old 04-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To answer the folks who PM'ed me, I do have some leftover material for a Bypass Tube if anyone wants one. Pay for shipping and it's yours.

W

Old 04-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok i'm not too familiar with heatsoak but i am somewhat familiar with cooling systems. with isolating the intake manifold, wouldn't this in essence maintain higher temps on the rest of the motor? it would have less surface area to dissipate heat. just a thought. so what you would really be doing is keeping lower temps on certain areas of the engine bay but increasing temps on other areas.

Old 04-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
That's what the radiator is for. It takes heat from the motor (one area) and dissipates it to the atmosphere (another area).

The Upper Collector (manifold) is exposed to the intake charge, heating it, reducing air density and theoretical max power. This mod allows the intake air to remain denser instead of being exposed to an "interHEATER" of sorts.

Technically, the more heat you can funnel down the exhaust rather than dissipated through radiant loss, the more theoretical power you can make.

W

Old 04-05-2005, 01:26 AM
G35 6MT
Question hmmmm......

i wonder if the intake manifold gasket from nippon power, coupled with the crawford cast plenum, would not allow the hood to shut. is there enough clearance? sounds like someone should give it a try! hmmm......

Old 04-05-2005, 02:41 AM
cool plenum

to go one step furher you can also get the lower plenum "thermal barrier coated". Since the Plenum is large and horizontally flat , heat rising from the longblock heats the lower plenum. TBC can be done by many coating shops , swaintech , jethot , to name a few.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Good idea, G3po !!

Old 04-13-2005, 10:12 PM
ChicagoX how much shipped to Leander, Tx 78641 ? I will take it if you still have it. Thanks

Old 04-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Pm me your full address and I'll ship one out next week. I'll be out of town this weekend, but I have a couple to ship out when I return.

Price: free !

Old 04-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Devil's Advocate
Anyone know what the torque spec for the lower plenum bolts is?

Old 04-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by roneski
Anyone know what the torque spec for the lower plenum bolts is?
Intake manifold collector (lower) to intake manifold = 9 to 10 ft-lbs

Intake manifold collector (upper) to intake manifold collector (lower) = 9 to 10 ft-lbs

Old 04-15-2005, 02:26 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by accordfreak
proven power made with these gaskets. they don't have that gasket at nippon racing. I got mine from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Alright Accordfreak I'm a little confused by that posting here. Aren't the Nippon Gaskets and this Ebay dealers gaskets the exact same thing or does the Nippon Gasket go in a different area? Please clarify what you mean by "they don't have that gasket at nippon racing."

Old 04-15-2005, 02:37 AM
Devil's Advocate
Those are not the gaskets for the lower plenum. To tell the truth I'm not sure what they're for. I'm guessing that they are for the valve covers, but I wasn't brave enough to pop them off and have a look.

The Nippon Power gaskets are a set of 3 gaskets that include the lower plenum gasket and 2 similar to the Ebay set. I've only installed the lower plenum gasket so far, if anyone has info on the 2 others I'd appreciate it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Manifold Bypass Mod