Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

PMI - "Poor Man's Intercooler"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 10:49 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neffster
Now... If you can just figure out a way to set the dual zone climate control (say only the passengers side) to 60 degrees and then route the cooling on only that side of the cabin directly to the intake...
Neff, i believe this has been discussed and the conclusion was, the power you would gain from doing this would only be power gained BACk from the loss of the AC runnning...no possitive advantage. What WOULD be nice is to see someone figure out how to revert the HEATING duct to the outside of the car...that way, when you're running the car hard (track or strip), you could crank it up to 90 degrees, send it outside and disapate(sp?) the heat that way...just a thought.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice...use the heater core as an additional radiator. I've done that at the strip and when my water pump took a dump in my Rustang, but never considered it for a road racing mod.

Ideas beget ideas....KEEP 'EM COMING!!!

Old 04-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Randys_G
What WOULD be nice is to see someone figure out how to revert the HEATING duct to the outside of the car...that way, when you're running the car hard (track or strip), you could crank it up to 90 degrees, send it outside and disapate(sp?) the heat that way...just a thought.
That would be great instead of getting blasted by hot air inside the cabin while road racing. I guess thats why some of the more hard core guys just get oil coolers.