Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Bolt on mods.... helpful?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Bolt on mods.... helpful?

Hey everyone, i'm debating between a twin turbo kit, and just plain old bolt on mods from which i've decided are a Greddy Twin Turbo kit, or else an HKS hipower exhaust system, HKS intake, Crawford intake plenum, and High Flow Cats. I was wondering if adding the intake, exhaust, and high flow cats would actually help me quite a bit, or not... I know for a fact the greddy kit will definitely give me a lot of HP, but install, and tuning, and the risk of blowing my engine is kinda scaring me. Any ideas on BOLT on mods that would help a lot??? I kind of want to get headers also.. but i heard it'll take forever to install, any help would be great, thanks.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:56 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Locksmith
Hey everyone, i'm debating between a twin turbo kit, and just plain old bolt on mods from which i've decided are a Greddy Twin Turbo kit, or else an HKS hipower exhaust system, HKS intake, Crawford intake plenum, and High Flow Cats. I was wondering if adding the intake, exhaust, and high flow cats would actually help me quite a bit, or not... I know for a fact the greddy kit will definitely give me a lot of HP, but install, and tuning, and the risk of blowing my engine is kinda scaring me. Any ideas on BOLT on mods that would help a lot??? I kind of want to get headers also.. but i heard it'll take forever to install, any help would be great, thanks.
Experience has shown that with bolt ons, you might get a maximum of 20 HP.