Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

RACE RACE RACE RACE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RACE RACE RACE RACE

ANY RACES WITH OTHER CARS?

can't wait! gonna go crazy!

Old 12-19-2002, 04:51 PM
Re: RACE RACE RACE RACE

I had a late 90's model 4 door M3 want to run me on the highway the other day. I have an auto/coupe/sport/nav/lux.

I had him no problem but the idiot took the wrong lane and got caught up with someone doing the speed limit of all things! So it was not really fair.

hahahahaha.

Other than that its the everyday eclipse or civic with the potato gun exhaust wanting some. The G coupe smokes them just sitting at the light. Least thats what their girls are saying when they are looking over at me.

HAHHAHHAHAHH

Old 12-23-2002, 05:53 PM

Smoked everything except.....

New M3 w/333hp. We we're even at street start and stayed even till about 110 then he started to pull away. Through the twisties I ate him up like a doughnut. Unless that clown cheeseball couldn't drive it was pretty disgraceful for him. The G was like a jackrabbit being chased by a fat *** bulldog. It was a 80-120mph race through 4 lane suburban 40 mph traffic. Then to add insult to injury; when he pulled up beside me @ the light I said "not to bad for an automatic huh?" (with VDC off and in manual mode). And slowly crawled away to let him hear the growl again. P.S. manual mode once mastered is SWEET!

Old 12-23-2002, 05:55 PM

He must have really sucked at driving because the new M3 is definitely quicker than a g at any speeds.

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

Old 12-24-2002, 04:49 AM

I doubt the M3 was trying. Probably didn't want to risk crashing his 50K car in a pointless street race.

BTW: Going 120 in a 40 thru traffic is nothing to brag about. That is why the death for street racers increase every year. There are too many variables in a street race. If you want to race do it fair and square; on a TRACK!

Old 12-27-2002, 06:29 AM

raced a g in my c32. no match as i pulled on him in every gear. game over from the start

Old 12-27-2002, 11:04 AM

Good thing the guy didn't pay >50k for his G!

Andrew

Old 12-27-2002, 11:26 AM

wow good for you...I wanna be there when you come up against a SRT-4...you will beat him...but not by much and you won't come out looking good against a <$20,000 dodge.

Red/Canadian

Old 12-27-2002, 04:27 PM

what is your point here?? price difference? hey for 20k, a dodge neon srvt 4-banger can beat the g and it's a "good thing the guy didn't pay over 35k for his srvt."

i don't know why everyone's defense is, "well i didn't pay 15k more." is it to make u feel better? will it make you feel better if a srvt beats you for 15k less?

Old 12-27-2002, 04:32 PM

not by much?? are you sure about that? last time i checked, winning is winning. too bad i can't the same about the g..... losing to a <20k car.

just out of curiosity, do you judge a win by how much you won by?? if so, if you u don't win as much as u want it to be, you'll be disappointed?? doesn't make sense.

Old 12-27-2002, 04:42 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn testosterone levels are getting out of hand again. Don't ROAD RACE, take it to the TRACK!
A win is a win, but do it at the track. Remember there is always someone faster and it does not matter how much your car cost. It comes down to how much you want to spend, to TRY and be the fastest car out there. If that is the case, when do you stop?? After you kill yourself or someone on the road?
Damn, I'm starting to spund ike my Dad.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Merlin.

Old 12-27-2002, 05:03 PM

i agree, don't road race but if you do, know your limits and know when to call it quits if it endangers your life or other people's lives. you don't need to kill yourself just for a win.

Old 12-27-2002, 05:06 PM

Well it pisses me off when someone comes in here specifically to bash the car and say "my car is so much faster I can burn you" wtf is that? Get a life, does he just go around looking for forums where he can just bash the cars? and it's true that the srt will beat the G and is $15k less...but it's how much less than the amg?? oh around the cost of 2-3 g's?

Mind you I've seen others do it too but at least they had the courtesy to say the G is a nice car even though they beat it....it's called class.
Red/Canadian<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by EdRedS on 12/27/02 02:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 12-27-2002, 05:10 PM

My whole point here is
1)Why would you come on a G35 forum and make a one line comment about how you smoked the car. Of course the Mercedes is quicker, we know that.
2)Let's get off this whole neon thing. I'm so over it. While the G and the Mercedes are somewhat the same, the neon doesn't compare to either. FWD, neon, no luxury whatsoever, Dodge reliability(although some would say a bit more reliable than a Benz). From figures, the race between the neon and the G356MT would be a driver's race anyway, it's not entirely quicker.
3)Relax! Making a simple comment on value.

Andrew

Old 12-27-2002, 05:10 PM

Oh, and wait and see how much the Neon will ACTUALLY cost with the dealer mark ups. They aren't making all too many.

Andrew

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RACE RACE RACE RACE