Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Best Mod Combo To Date

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 11:28 AM
G35driver.com Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Mod Combo To Date

i think thats about right except for the stillen CAI with Z tube, i dont think you will yield 10HP from both together.....didnt even know you can have both together heh
I think both of those will acct for 5HP total

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust

Old 08-16-2003, 11:48 AM

i dont think u are going to gain that much beauce the intake and the pelnum work together so u might get slightly less HP. I think with the Injen u might yeald more.

Old 08-16-2003, 11:54 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

I have yet to see a independent dyno on intake's of any kind to allow anyone to say which one is better, this includes Z tubes on the G35. What you have is a case of who delivers the most convincing OPINION getting posted as FACT, I don't buy that kind of conversion and neither should anyone else.

On the Crawford intake. It makes 9hp at the hp peak. However it goes on to prevent as much of a power drop off as the motor revs to redline. At redline the pleneum has picked up 20hp over where the stock plenuem has let the power fall to. So the whole story isn't just the peak power level, it's how it effects the power band from peak to redline.

Ivry 6mt sed
Crawford Pleneum
Injen CAI
22" resonator
Cusco sway bars
350Z springs&struts
Enkei RPM2

Old 08-16-2003, 12:20 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

mbarrad has posted pics of his Stillen CAI connected
to the 350Z intake duct. It most certaintly can be done.
I'm planning on adding the Stillen CAI very soon.

2003 Twilight Blue Sedan 5AT, sunroof, Graphite Leather,
splashguards, GG red 8 wire Hypergrounding kit, 350Z intake duct, K&N filter.

Old 08-17-2003, 04:22 AM

All thoes mods sound cool but is it going to work?

Old 08-17-2003, 12:08 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the crank pully? It's only like 200 bucks and it's the only pully you need the others don't matter.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 08-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Malx, here's a cut and paste from a review of the pullies from that 350Z magizine site (don't remember the name) Yet another chunk of info grazed from MY350Z.com where I followed a link.

"Each Unorthodox Pulley is made from 6061-T6 billet aluminum and anodized to not only ensure a product that will last but one that also looks good. Eighty-five percent of the benefit of adding Unorthodox Racing's under-drive pulley is from the weight savings of the pulley over the stock unit. The other fifteen percent is gained from under-driving the other accessories like the water pump and power-steering. Under-driving is achieved by reducing the diameter of the crankshaft pulley, which over-drives the crankshaft and under-drives the accessories. UR takes a conservative approach to under-driving to keep the accessory systems like the A/C and
power steering functioning properly while providing a healthy dose of horsepower."

"Adding the 3-piece pulley set for the 350Z can be a little deceiving because it won't produce any surge in the powerband that can be felt behind the wheel. But you will see the difference on the dyno: we measured 5 hp and 3 ft-lbs of torque. Power on tap starts at 2K RPM for a 2-3 hp gain. The gain in the curve continues progressively until 5K RPM for a 5 hp increase over stock."

"To top things off Unorthodox Racing included a billet oil filler cap. The look of the cap is ultra cool and really sets off the look under the hood of our project. Our big ham fisted fingers had trouble getting a solid grip around the cap but that's just us. UR told us they were planning on a different design for easier grip."

"If you peer just a bit below you can see our new power producing pulleys ready to do their thing. Like Unorthodox states, "Just bolt them in and forget them." "

Ivry 6mt sed
Crawford Pleneum
Injen CAI
22" resonator
Cusco sway bars
350Z springs&struts
Enkei RPM2

Old 08-17-2003, 12:47 PM

What mods are best depends to some degree on transmission type, vehicle weight and overall gearing.

Old 08-18-2003, 01:58 AM
Zen

How about Nos? $800 and 50 HP

Old 08-19-2003, 02:13 AM

Actually there was a post on the my350z forums of a dyno test between stock, aem, and injen intakes. The Injen came out on top... and the AEM faired second (i think). I stopped caring after I saw the Injen on top ;P If you search the my350z forums, I'm sure you'll find it.