Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

TSB Lists for Common Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TSB Lists for Common Problems

Sorry to be off-topic...
Mike, I try to always give them a spotless car when dropping off for maintenance and never let them wash it. I'll drag out the service manager and show him any grease on the door handles, hood or where they grabbed the door to shut it. It's a benefit to have a 105k tune-up period now rather than the old 15k to keep it out of shop as much as possible. ...dean

Seattle area

Old 04-23-2003, 01:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update on loose driver's seat.

I just had my first oil change, and mentioned that my driver's seat seems loose, especially went getting on the brakes moderately hard. My service advisor said he thought there was a recent new bulletin out about seat rails, he looked it up, and there is a bulletin that recommends replacing the front bracket that holds the seat. I don't have the TSB number. I have a 2003.5. They ordered the part, and should be calling me back later this week.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-23-2003, 03:58 PM

ryoken, thanks for the tip on the replacement part.

Which part of your seat was loose? When I stand outside of my 2003.5 sedan and try to move the seat by hand in different directions is makes no noises and has no slop in the mounts. However, when I sit in the seat it creaks when I turn a corner or apply the brakes.

For those of you who have a knocking noise in the driver's door window it may loose or mispositioned window guide rails or lift motor. This is what I learned from the service tech who tightened the appropriate bolts. the repair lasted for 50 miles before the knock returned. Both the dealership and Infiniti Customer Service say there is no TSB on this problem. Customer Service says "they" are working on the problem. It appears that Infiniti is proceeding at a glacial pace. I have been waiting several weeks for a solution. However, The Customer Service rep told me that nothing will happen until she contacts the dealership's service manager. Can you believe this? It takes her 3 weeks to call someone?

This whole Infiniti episode is starting to look like my terrible experience with Volvo. I had to write a letter to Volvo in Sweden to get a response from Volvo USA. they said the car was OK. I used it as trade-in on an Audi.

<font color=blue>Dan</font color=blue>

Old 04-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My seat rocks forward. I notice it most when I brake hard, the seat rocks forward -- kinda disconcerting at that point in time. The base and back of the seat move together forward and backward, and you can visibly rock it by hand. It doesn't squeak or make noise.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-23-2003, 05:59 PM

The passenger's seat would make clicking sounds whenever someone sat on it. I traced that noise to two plastic clips used to anchor the leather upolstry to the steel seat pan. A couple lengths of foam weatherstripping cured that problem. I'll have to look for similar clips under the driver's seat.

My sedan is so tight and quiet that almost any noise is a loud noise, even with sport suspension. It is really an impressive car for the price.

<font color=blue>Dan</font color=blue>

Old 04-23-2003, 11:23 PM

Update. The clock has been replaced and you can see the pics in the rides section. I am taking in my sedan on friday to get the door rattle kit installed for both doors (Under a TSB). I got the head unit circuit board replaced due to a TSB. I have given up on the seat rails issue. My Infinity dealership still does crappy washes. I have requested that my G never get washed again at their shop. The latest complaint I have with my dealership is that they called to tell me my G was done after a 7500 mile service. When I went down to pick up my car, It was not even washed or even in line!! I had to waste 40 minutes of my life waiting for my car that was supposed to be finished. Policy has since changed at my service department, and I got a major butt kissing with a free oil change.

Limited Edition Twilight Blue / Premium / Graphite / Xenons

Old 04-24-2003, 04:00 PM

I got my clock and other recalls taken care of as well. Check below for my service bill which has some of Infiniti (Canada) code numbers and what not.

<a href=https://g35driver.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=5&Number=12348&page=0&view =collapsed&sb=5&part=3>https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...ed&sb=5&part=3</a>

It's still a G thang!!

Old 04-24-2003, 10:59 PM

Can you tell the difference with the clock? I can since the hands are thicker and aluminum instead of chrome like. Cool.

Limited Edition Twilight Blue / Premium / Graphite / Xenons