Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Turn signal ticker busted!?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Turn signal ticker busted!?!?

Talking about fake noise from the speaker, has anyone noticed a very high pitched noise while sitting in the G.
I seem to notice and I thought it may be my imagination but after reading this thread it could from these fake speakers . The noise I am talking is the same type of noise you feel when you come out of a loud club or a concert and your ears are buzzing (after a long flight afterwards you also get a similar feeling for a hours). Its not strong but I have noticed it may times and I though its just my imagination. I do not notice it all the time just occasionally

Anyone has same experience ?

2003 G35 Black Sedan

Old 11-06-2004, 08:02 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

lay off the drugs man...

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/Z-Tube/double-din

Old 11-06-2004, 08:03 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
haha just kidding,

seriously though... i havent heard any kind of noise like that, maybe its your clutch?

Old 06-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by RamboRami
UPDATE: Could not find the fuse for this next to the dead-pedal, so i gave up. Then i put the key into the ignition while the driver's door was open (normally you'd hear a beep-beep-beep warning chime when you do this)
The buzzer/speaker made a modem noise, you know that noise that you hear when you dial-up an internet connection (for those of you who didnt have cable-modems or DSL in the past- you'd understand me)
So it made this noise for about 15 seconds and then all of sudden it started beeping normally [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Random i tell ya! Totally random!

Omg I know this thread is way old but I had to do a panic stop to avoid a car that pulled out in front of me and afterward the ticker and door dong stopped working. I googled and was lead to this thread. As I was reading this very post I opened the door and put the key in the ignition and it went into dialup mode. So weird! Then everything started working again.

Evo

Old 01-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
G35 Sport Sedan 6MT
Yes, really old thread, but still relevant. I had the same problem yesterday with the turn signal and flasher. After I found this thread I tried pulling the fuse and that seems to have fixed the problem, so thanks for the info. Before pulling the fuse the key and headlight chime were still working, and there was no modem like squeal sound.

Old 02-28-2022, 03:04 PM
G35 base coupe
Where is this fuse located?

Originally Posted by Blitz_G35
Bingo! Got it! Okay, FYI in case anyone else needs this:

The "Buzzer" is the same unit that emits the "Lights On" and "Key in Ignition" beeps. You can check this by turning on the emergency flasher, then turn on the headlights with the door open and no key in the ignition. You'll hear that the "Lights On" beep overrides the ticking of the hazard flashers.

So, I found the 10 Amp fuse for the "buzzer" and pulled it - not blown. Hmmm.... put the fuse back in and BAM, tick, tick, tick.

The ticking is obviously electronically generated and played through this "buzzer". All the other sounds worked fine but the ticking somehow went missing. Once I pulled the fuse, the circuit must have reset itself. Strange but true....

Thanks Rambo for the "check the fuse" tip!
where would this fuse be located I don’t know where it is. Please help anyone

Old 03-05-2022, 10:23 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The buzzer is built into the instrument cluster, Fuse Block - J/B (cabin fuse box) fuses 14 and 19 (both 10 amp) supply power to it.