Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2003 G35 E85 Ethanol compatible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I got a chance to run 10% Ethanol gas in my G35 this past week when I was in Dallas for the ZCON convention. My car not only felt stronger but gas mileage did not change at all to what I saw.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Q45tech
[B]Everything should be sold on a BTU basis!
What.... you are proposeing is a fundamental Leveling of the Playing Field.

.... and is the smartest statement I have read on this subject over the last YEAR.

Firewood is sold according to it's BTU output and it's availability....

E85 is being sold through Environmental Propiganda and Fear.

Currently it's cheaper because there is NO DEMAND for it... but it's already been stated numerious times that there is no current way of supplying the entire United States fuel needs entirly on E85.

Now........ TX........ as for your own 10% testing.... did you run a chemical analysis on that gas you bought ? Probably not........... and I'll also bet that the sticker on the pump you bought it from says MAY CONTAIN UP TO 10%....

My point is Q45 is right.... you can't lie about the physics.

Plus.... I live in Colorado... where we go on and off of 10% blends every year, and I can tell you after every tank full.... weather or not it's got, or even how much Ethanol is in the gas. On straight gas... my G always gets 20mpg.... on the blended cr*p... 17mpg.

Old 06-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I go by what I posted above about a month ago which is the correct information.

Originally Posted by EVLG35X
What.... you are proposeing is a fundamental Leveling of the Playing Field.

.... and is the smartest statement I have read on this subject over the last YEAR.

Firewood is sold according to it's BTU output and it's availability....

E85 is being sold through Environmental Propiganda and Fear.

Currently it's cheaper because there is NO DEMAND for it... but it's already been stated numerious times that there is no current way of supplying the entire United States fuel needs entirly on E85.

Now........ TX........ as for your own 10% testing.... did you run a chemical analysis on that gas you bought ? Probably not........... and I'll also bet that the sticker on the pump you bought it from says MAY CONTAIN UP TO 10%....

My point is Q45 is right.... you can't lie about the physics.

Plus.... I live in Colorado... where we go on and off of 10% blends every year, and I can tell you after every tank full.... weather or not it's got, or even how much Ethanol is in the gas. On straight gas... my G always gets 20mpg.... on the blended cr*p... 17mpg.

Old 06-11-2006, 04:54 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Frag
I know that this is not what would be considered a 'hop-up', but is this engine capable of using the E85 fuel (or any ethanol containing fuel) without damage?
E85 (85%) is way too high a percentage. Our engines are compatible with only about 10-15%.

C.