Engine - Power Adders Forced Induction; Nitrous; SprintBooster; etc.

FS: Unichip Plug & Play - set up for mild NA mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Unichip Plug & Play - set up for mild NA mods

*** SOLD ***

I am selling a Unichip GP that I bought from another forum member a couple of years ago. I am getting an Osiris tune so won't need this much longer.

It was on my '04 G35 non rev-up for a year and a half and worked great, and prior to that was used on an 03 g35 and 04.5 350z. According to the forum member who sold it to me, it should work on any 03-05 (06?) g35/350z 5at or 6mt. He was not 100% sure if it works on revups, but it works on all non-revups.

It is currently flashed with a map for the following mods: Intake, Plenum Spacer, Downpipes, And Catback. I have been running it with the rev up airbox, plenum spacer and HR y pipe on my car.

Supposedly it gained the original owner 15 whp over the stock ecu (along with his accompanying breathing mods) but there were no dyno sheets to prove it, and I never dynoed my car with it to know for sure. What I did notice was that it definitely added better throttle response and smoother power delivery up the rev range.

The harness is plug and play and goes right into the ECU socket. It's a very easy install and requires nothing else. Just disconnect the battery, unplug the ECU harness, plug into the Unichip, and plug the Unichip harness back into the ECU. Reattach the battery and you're done.

I'm looking to get $175 shipped in CONUS. Supposedly, it can be reflashed by UNICHIP for $50 (mail in) or you can buy a cable for $40 to retune it (or use the website to download off the shelf tunes for turbo kits and na parts) but I can't verify that as I used the map that was already programmed into it and didn't try to go beyond that.

The original owner provided this info as well:

"This is a great option for someone looking for a bit more power and better mpg. It will lean out the fuel map to where it should be (safely) and does a bit to the timing (safely).

I ran this map on both 91 and 93 oct. I data-logged it and checked AFR's with a wideband on both cars with these mods and without the spacer. It was still hitting 12's at wot (which is safe for an na car). The tune is safe and worthwhile and can always be reflashed or tuned....

This is the piggyback that came in a few aftermarket turbo kits and those maps are avail on unichips tuner site.

Info from UNICHIP-

How Does The Unichip Work?

Simply stated, when you ask for power from your engine, the Unichip produces 100% of the available power from your engine, across the entire rpm band, 100% of the time… guaranteed.

Unichip Performance
The performance bottom line is how much more power an engine makes after a modification, whether you use the Unichip or another product. Results, and wishful manufacturer claims vary, but in general results depend upon how modified your engine is and how the OE manufacturer set it up.

Before talking specifics about gains, be realistic about your expectations. Why would your car’s manufacturer leave a 25% gain lying on the design room floor? Unless you’ve modified your vehicle, or have a forced induction vehicle, you won’t see those sorts of gains just by modifying the ECU’s software.

No matter what vehicle you have, we guarantee maximum power from your gas engine. On an otherwise stock, normally aspirated gas vehicle, adding the Unichip typically produces a peak power gain of between 5-9% and provides an increase at all rpm.

On a forced induction vehicle or on a modified normally aspirated gas vehicle, adding the Unichip produces a peak gain between 15-20%... sometimes even more.

How does it do it? The gains result from the Unichip’s tight, accurate map sets that correct the Air-Fuel ratio and timing to produce maximum power. On turbocharged vehicles, we additionally modify the boost maps to both raise peak boost to the highest safe level and to start boost earlier and program it to reach its maximum quicker. On modified vehicles, the Unichip allows the mechanical parts you’ve installed to function properly and produce the power you thought were getting, but probably weren’t.

Leaves no foot print or trace in the factory computer.

No other chip product on the market makes more power than the UNICHIP

Super fast installation time"

I believe this chip is the "Version C":
http://unichip.com/Products_Old_Version_Unichips.html

"Version C

The Version C Unichip was the third version we ever built. It can do ignition timing and fuelling control on most vehicles with crank sensors with a 36-1 or 36 -2 teeth pattern (as commonly found on Ford, Toyota and some Subarus). It had some boost control and road-speed governor functions.

It had a white 18 pin connector and a 6 pin connector. On versions without serial numbers they were Purple. On the later versions with serial numbers the serial number will start with a C."

Attached Thumbnails Unichip Plug & Play - set up for mild NA mods-unichip-4.jpg   Unichip Plug & Play - set up for mild NA mods-unichip-1.jpg   Unichip Plug & Play - set up for mild NA mods-unichip-2.jpg   Unichip Plug & Play - set up for mild NA mods-unichip-3.jpg  

Last edited by G35fromPA; 07-16-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 07-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Mods - can you please move this to Engine-electrical?
Looks like I posted in the wrong place.
Thx

Old 07-15-2014, 05:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chip

I'm interested in this set up.I have an 03 sedan with the same mods you had (revup box, exhast, & soon to be plenum spacer)

Is this still available?

Old 07-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Hi Bad-Dawg. It is, indeed!

Old 07-15-2014, 07:58 PM
Excellent. I'm new to the fourm, and not sure how to proceed from this point. Would you like to email me direct? Call? A little guideance would be appreciated.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Bad-Dawg-69
Excellent. I'm new to the fourm, and not sure how to proceed from this point. Would you like to email me direct? Call? A little guideance would be appreciated.
Thanks for the interest. Check your private messages. More instructions there.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:43 AM
PM'ed back

Old 07-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Sale pending

Old 07-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Sold!

Mods please close

Last edited by G35fromPA; 07-24-2014 at 11:44 AM.