Engine-Vendor Includes cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.

AAM SPEC CU FLASH Special

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
G35 Coupe "Sport Package"
This kind of thing is disturbing to me. Why won't they answer your simple question? You paid good money and deserve an explanation. If it did not work for you, then you should at least be provided and explanation as to why not and given a chance to have it corrected or money refunded.

This is exactly what scares me about taking my car to shops. You are at their mercy. Most of us do not know how to do these things and are sometimes taken advantage of. I don't even feel comfortable taking my car to the dealer with fear of damages. You bring in the car in perfect condition and it comes out scratched or dented and they deny everything or blame it on you! Does anyone stand behind their work? What about customer service/satisfaction? Is there a shop out there you can totally trust? I don't get it. Don't they know this hurts their reputation and future business?

This is the only thing I hate about modding cars.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
^ thing is I never wanted a refund. I just wanted to talk about different options available such as a different flash, custom tune or perhaps some other type of ems to get my mods working together for me.

Lets put it this way, I came to find out the majority of MD G drivers dont even recommend AAM. Wish I knew that before hand.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ralph0064
^ thing is I never wanted a refund. I just wanted to talk about different options available such as a different flash, custom tune or perhaps some other type of ems to get my mods working together for me.

Lets put it this way, I came to find out the majority of MD G drivers dont even recommend AAM. Wish I knew that before hand.
that is why it bothers me very much. the work they did for me turned out well and I would like to continue to do business with them. I am looking for a one stop shop. I would like to recommend them to my friends who have G's, but this kind of service worries me.

I hope you can get your situation resolved. I have been recommended to JE Import Performance in Baltimore before. Maybe they can help you out and get your car working the way you want it to. I don't really know of any other shops in the area or ones I have any experience with. I do know an excellent Porsche, BMW, Audi, Mercedes mechanic. He will do the best work for you if you need any basic maintenance or bolt on stuff. I have not used him for any computer stuff yet, but may consider in the future. SSI Performance in Towson. Shop owner is Sloan.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JE Import is very good !! Nic and James will hook you up !!!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by SILVERSURFERG35
JE Import is very good !! Nic and James will hook you up !!!
Ralph. If you try out JE Import, let us know how it goes for you and post results. Very interested as they are much closer to me than AAM. Good luck!

Old 10-17-2007, 01:07 PM
^Thanks man! Im done with N/A mods. Big plans for engine build/ turbo(s) setup soon.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG35R
This kind of thing is disturbing to me. Why won't they answer your simple question? You paid good money and deserve an explanation. If it did not work for you, then you should at least be provided and explanation as to why not and given a chance to have it corrected or money refunded.

This is exactly what scares me about taking my car to shops. You are at their mercy. Most of us do not know how to do these things and are sometimes taken advantage of. I don't even feel comfortable taking my car to the dealer with fear of damages. You bring in the car in perfect condition and it comes out scratched or dented and they deny everything or blame it on you! Does anyone stand behind their work? What about customer service/satisfaction? Is there a shop out there you can totally trust? I don't get it. Don't they know this hurts their reputation and future business?

This is the only thing I hate about modding cars.

This was discussed when Ralph posted this locally in our NGC forum. He was never able to get an aswer from AAM after receiving our feedbacks. I'm not gearhead, but common sense simply tells me you should see a noticable shift upward, if not at peak, then in some area of the curve. Most noticably, the A/F should be close to a flat 13.0 as with most other reflash results. There was neither a change in the power curve or the A/F ratio. Its a good thing he got a dyno, cuz otherwise there's no evidence.

I respect AAM for trying to turn it's public image around by offering this at a lower cost, but until you stand up for the product/service you provide, it's of no value..no matter how cheap it is.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very well put !!!!! Couldn't have said it better !! Now were is my refund !!LOLO

Old 10-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralph0064, SILVERSURFERG35, I see you have some concerns - If you have any questions about your flash, or if you have comments, please just give me a call. I have not personally received any emails about our flash from forum members. If someone sent me one, I receive hundreds of emails and I do my best to respond to them in a timely manner - I apologize if I missed it.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:38 PM
thanks for responding....since we have you online, describe to me how your flash helped me, according to my dyno graph of course

Old 10-18-2007, 12:45 PM
If I might add Clint.......Mike told me to drive the car and I would see better numbers. (that was of course, in person, after the dyno was completed) Whats up with that? forgive me but is that a B.S. line or not. Help me out here brotha.

p.s. I did have the car dynoed again 1000k miles afterward and saw no more gains.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
For your info, if you go here to our major competitors websitehttp://www.technosquareinc.com/technosecu.htm , they promise NO power gains, only increases in economy and driveability. "The Power is not everything.The Number is not everything"

We offer a flash with provides increases in both power, torque and economy. What is confusing about the dyno chart? There are gains across the board - there is a positive change in both torque and hp at the wheels.

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 10-18-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:51 PM
if I recall correctly, he got his car tuned using the utec

how about the A/F??? same as stock?

Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
As far as A/F goes, that graph shown is only for the peak power run. During the dyno flash, we adjust A/F at both different engine speeds and throttle percentages to increase driveabaility and fuel economy for modified cars.

AAM is a great shop, and I am not just saying that because I work here, lol. We have a staff commited to providing top-notch service. We have the technical expertise and equipment to do anything with the VQ - and its about time customer service met those standards too!!

PM sent!

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 10-19-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 PM
PM sent! Thanks Clint.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AAM SPEC CU FLASH Special