Engine-Vendor Includes cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.

Cosworth Plenums in stock! Get them while they last!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in stock ready to ship!

Old 10-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
G35 Coupe "Sport Package"
pm shipped to 21163. thanks.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
PM sent!

Old 10-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
who else wants one of these plenums?

Old 10-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
in stock ready to ship!

Old 10-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
these things are rendered useless if you don't go with force induction if you are N/A you loose 2 hp or more and a substatial amount of torque on last month's dyno on a G35/350Z project..i'd go with kinetix new velocity plenum 35HP and dymno proven.. but cosworth is beautiful looking though..

Old 10-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the difference in hp gains with Cosworth Plenum as opposed to the 5/16 spacer n mrev2 for an 06 rev-up?

Old 10-21-2009, 05:50 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
G35 Coupe "Sport Package"
Originally Posted by juan350gt
these things are rendered useless if you don't go with force induction if you are N/A you loose 2 hp or more and a substatial amount of torque on last month's dyno on a G35/350Z project..i'd go with kinetix new velocity plenum 35HP and dymno proven.. but cosworth is beautiful looking though..
do you have anything to back up either of your claims? I think everyone would like to see that. thanks.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
I'm not sure where you get your information from but that couldn't be further from the truth. We have fitted countless N/A cars with these plenums and have seen good gains. Furthermore the Kinetix does not make 35 or anywhere close to it. In fact in our experience it is the Kinetix that has lost power, not the Cosworth.

Originally Posted by elperuano
What's the difference in hp gains with Cosworth Plenum as opposed to the 5/16 spacer n mrev2 for an 06 rev-up?
The Cosworth should make a bit more up top, although it would probably be minima on a N/A car.

Originally Posted by DRG35R
do you have anything to back up either of your claims? I think everyone would like to see that. thanks.
I would like to see this claim for sure.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:14 PM
alright i found this at a webpage were they used the Z or G35 vehicle as a project car
here is the LINK sorry its that big guys

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D2%26hl%3Den

it shows the info that this plenum does not support N/A's very well unless u have force induction..

as for kinetix velocity might not give the 35hp but it gains up to atleast 20hp that you can find at www.conceptzperformance.com

not sure how they tested the cosworth i love the design and all for cosworth just though u guys would like to see this and prove that subject wrong cause i wanted to buy the cosworth plenum but after finding this small amount of info i grew skeptical about it so plz exlpain before i actually purchase this item...

Old 10-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow..

Old 10-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
alright i found this at a webpage were they used the Z or G35 vehicle as a project car
here is the LINK sorry its that big guys

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D2%26hl%3Den

it shows the info that this plenum does not support N/A's very well unless u have force induction..

as for kinetix velocity might not give the 35hp but it gains up to atleast 20hp that you can find at www.conceptzperformance.com

not sure how they tested the cosworth i love the design and all for cosworth just though u guys would like to see this and prove that subject wrong cause i wanted to buy the cosworth plenum but after finding this small amount of info i grew skeptical about it so plz exlpain before i actually purchase this item...
So let me get this right. They swapped the OEM plenum with the Cosworth and DID NOT retune the car whatsoever and they are surprised it did not pick up power?... In order to gain the advantages of this plenum you MUST retune the car. Any competent shop knows this as changing the plenum drastically changes the airflow of the engine and corrections must be made in order to get the full potential of this plenum. Imagine installing a TT kit on a car and not retuning the car. Would you expect it to perform the way it was designed to?

Old 10-22-2009, 02:55 AM
hum... i suppose you are right man cause i was very confused about this incopetent guys in that shop cause i am really into this plenum and i just froze when i saw this idiodic result on the ratings for this plenum.. so you are suggesting an ECU remap correct if thats the case i am sold to what you say and buying this plenum cause that thing is a peace of Art and sorry if i made any remarks that might of hurt your thread just needed awnse's asap and thats what you did..

Old 10-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
hum... i suppose you are right man cause i was very confused about this incopetent guys in that shop cause i am really into this plenum and i just froze when i saw this idiodic result on the ratings for this plenum.. so you are suggesting an ECU remap correct if thats the case i am sold to what you say and buying this plenum cause that thing is a peace of Art and sorry if i made any remarks that might of hurt your thread just needed awnse's asap and thats what you did..
I'm not trying to call them incompetent, I'm just trying to point out the fact that it makes no sense to test this plenum without retuning the engine. This in my opinion makes their entire test worthless and inaccurate. I would strongly suggest a new tune. We usually use the UpRev tuning on NA cars. We have yet to have a customer who has been unhappy with this plenum and have definitely had 0 reports of the plenum losing or making no power. I have no problem answering questions in this thread, that's what I am here for Feel free to give me a call at the shop any time

Old 10-22-2009, 01:09 PM
i sure will man thnx and for awnsering my questions i will PM you soon to purchase this plenum..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cosworth Plenums in stock! Get them while they last!