The EX - Spot For General Discussion of The EX Crossover

Road Test Comparison: EX35 vs X3 vs RDX vs RX350 vs FX35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road Test Comparison: EX35 vs X3 vs RDX vs RX350 vs FX35

A member over at vwvortex, who works for Nissan, test drove a pre-production EX and gives his impressions.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3399662

Old 08-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good find! Thanks

Old 08-19-2007, 07:07 PM
N50
Sweet...nice find. The interior alone makes this car. Well, maybe not but I think it is twice as interesting as the exterior.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:40 PM
G SQUAD
If that's the final version, I guess I won't be buying one after all. Those wheel wells look 4 sizes too large or maybe it's the wheels are 4 sizes too small.

The rear seat is unacceptable, considering the exterior dimensions. Maybe they should have trimmed some snout off of the nose or considered a bit more "cab forward" design to be able to get the front and rear seats between the wheel wells with at least leg room for average sized adults in the rear.

I was expecting this to be an edgier version of the FX, a car that's MORE athletic and able to put the power down to the ground more effectively. Now I'm thinking its a tall wagon with technology.

I am disappointed. I hope this 'preproduction' version gets revised.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Balzac72
If that's the final version, I guess I won't be buying one after all. Those wheel wells look 4 sizes too large or maybe it's the wheels are 4 sizes too small.

The rear seat is unacceptable, considering the exterior dimensions. Maybe they should have trimmed some snout off of the nose or considered a bit more "cab forward" design to be able to get the front and rear seats between the wheel wells with at least leg room for average sized adults in the rear.

I was expecting this to be an edgier version of the FX, a car that's MORE athletic and able to put the power down to the ground more effectively. Now I'm thinking its a tall wagon with technology.

Rear seat comfort and overall capacity has me worried as well. I think the vehicle is beautiful, but the reason I'd get a cross over is to enjoy driving and have the family wagon capability as well. I guess the proof is in the pudding, can't wait to see one in person and make my own conclusions.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Balzac72

At this stage of the vehicle it's nearly guaranteed the vehicle won't have the major design revision you're speaking of.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Error
You must be logged in to view this forum.

» Go Back

Old 08-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
That was a very objective review, I really enjoyed reading his comments on all of them.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Rated M

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
That was a very objective review, I really enjoyed reading his comments on all of them.
Yea, it seemed pretty fair. Like some others have said I would be concerned with a vehicle this size that doesn't have adequate rear seat room.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Certain forums on vwvortex are for mods only. You don’t have to register or log in to look at pictures or read most forums. It seems like the road test comparison thread was moved to the black hole forum after some of the members got carried away with their replies. Once a thread is moved to the “black hole” only mods have the right to view it.

According to the rules moderators can edit a post, delete a post, lock a thread (no more replies allowed), or "black hole" a post. The Black Hole is where threads go to die, so not only are no more replies allowed, but users cannot access the post at all. (Moderators can still access the post though).

Sometimes they clean the thread up and bring it back, let’s hope they will with this one. I thought it was a pretty good review and had some interesting pictures. Does anyone know any of the mods over there?

Not sure why the pictures are unavailable or were removed from flickr. Maybe Nissan had something to do with that.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
well preproduction models can still go back and update some changes.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Rated M

^ like increasing the wheelbase for more rear seat room?

Old 08-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
HAHAHA. Exactly.

Things like shifter feel, pedal feel and various NVH issues are often addressed between the pre-pro and production phases, but to imply that the wheelbase might be lengthened or rear seat legroom somehow increased...riiiight. The basic specs for the dimensions of the vehicle are already locked in and those will not be changed.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:59 PM
N50
Originally Posted by RBull
So basically turning the new EX into a more refined, better interior having...FX? LOL

Old 08-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
HAHAHA. Exactly.

Things like shifter feel, pedal feel and various NVH issues are often addressed between the pre-pro and production phases, but to imply that the wheelbase might be lengthened or rear seat legroom somehow increased...riiiight. The basic specs for the dimensions of the vehicle are already locked in and those will not be changed.
My thoughts exactly, which is along the lines of my earlier post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Road Test Comparison: EX35 vs X3 vs RDX vs RX350 vs FX35