WTT[SoEast]: 07 G35 Painted G35 Coupe Tail lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 G35 Painted G35 Coupe Tail lights

I've got a set of tail lights off an 07 G35 Coupe that are painted black and match the OB color of my car. I purchased the car with these tail lights on them and really like them, but for the last 6 months I seem to be getting attention from the police (haven't gotten a ticket yet, but have gotten a warning). I've had the car over 2 years and had no issues until recently, but I am just tired of having to worry about getting pulled over for them and it is just time to move on.

I honestly don't know why it's a big issue with the police and I get conflicting opinions from them. Some say that if you can see the lights through the painted tails (which you can during the day time or night time) then everything is good and then there are others that tell me they are no good no matter what.

Honestly, I love how they look and would prefer to keep them. They match the OB coupe perfectly and there are no visibility issues whatsoever. I would like to trade these for equivalent 06-07 OEM tails that are not tinted or painted and are in good condition. I live in the Atlanta Area and prefer to deal locally.

The pictures I have at this time aren't that great, but I wanted to get a post up sooner rather than later. I will try to take better pics later on. The lights are in great condition minus a very small scratch on the left tail light about a half inch in length which is hardly noticeable unless you are up close looking for it. Let me know if interested. Thanks for looking.

Edit: The left tail in this picture kind of looks like it has several scratches, but that is because it was a little dusty so I wiped it and there are some streaks left over. You can also sort of see the scratch I am speaking of in the outer right portion of the right ring. It is a little hard to see due to the light reflection.

Attached Thumbnails 07 G35 Painted G35 Coupe Tail lights-right-tail-light.jpg   07 G35 Painted G35 Coupe Tail lights-left-tail-light.jpg  

Last edited by bigindian869; 06-06-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts
Tinting tails is illegal well here in socal cops make it a big deal
Even with the lightest overlay u get a fix it ticket ..
Reason it's because it's a distraction to other drivers and the driver behind you may not be able to see when you breaking and can cause a accident ..

I'm surprise you went for so long like that .. Well just a tip why cops make this a deal well GLWT yo!

Old 08-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To clear things up....I sold these lights to gman4you a couple months back and he is now wanting to sell them.