Exterior-Vendor Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, and other styling components

Top Secret Replica (NOT ORIGINAL) Full Front Bumper Polyurethane Sign Up!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AutoMotiveMods

Close enough? Thank You.
Please don't use a picture of my car to rip off a design to make money off of it.

Make your own design. Heard of creativity?

Old 07-17-2006, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by narkotic
Please don't use a picture of my car to rip off a design to make money off of it.

Hello,

One of the members was not quite sure what the Top Secret looked like on a Brilliant Silver. This picture was used for display puposes only. As you can see, there were a ton more Top Secret pictures used as well. The Top Secret was requested by a ton of members on the board for us to produce. We had no intentions of using your picture to offend you in any which way at all. Again, a member had requested to see a picture of what the Top Secret looked like. Nonetheless, your picture has been deleted and will no longer be used. Thank You.

Mitch

Last edited by AutoMotiveMods; 07-17-2006 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by AutoMotiveMods
Hello,

One of the members was not quite sure what the Top Secret looked like on a Brilliant Silver. This picture was used for display puposes only. As you can see, there were a ton more Top Secret pictures used as well. The Top Secret was requested by a ton of members on the board for us to produce. We had no intentions of using your picture to offend you in any which way at all. Again, a member had requested to see a picture of what the Top Secret looked like. Nonetheless, your picture has been deleted and will no longer be used. Thank You.

Mitch
Mitch,
You are using our branding as well as several copyrighted images of authentic products to advertise your counterfeit product. The original front bumper $1000+? I don't think so....are you aware making false claims is fraud? Are you aware all of these torts are actionable in court? Ask around, we have already successfully sued before. I have documented every page of this thread already so deleting the text will do you now good.

I will keep the legal action off the board because it seems I get attacked any time I try to encourage people be original and not to rip off others designs. Consider this your heads up, we don't take kindly to counterfeits. I suggest deleting this thread and ceasing any further plans regarding counterfeiting of out products.

Thank You,
roo

Old 07-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by TOPSECRET2001
Mitch,
You are using our branding as well as several copyrighted images of authentic products to advertise your counterfeit product. The original front bumper $1000+? I don't think so....are you aware making false claims is fraud? Are you aware all of these torts are actionable in court? Ask around, we have already successfully sued before. I have documented every page of this thread already so deleting the text will do you now good.

I will keep the legal action off the board because it seems I get attacked any time I try to encourage people be original and not to rip off others designs. Consider this your heads up, we don't take kindly to counterfeits. I suggest deleting this thread and ceasing any further plans regarding counterfeiting of out products.

Thank You,
roo
uh-oh, doesn't sound good for group buyers. Hey topsecret, I see all kind of replica Ts bumpers still selling everywhere including ebay. Are you going to sue them all or what's the deal? I just want to know and I am not in this group buy either. Just out of curiousity..

Old 07-18-2006, 01:24 AM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by narkotic

yea, you're one to talk aren't ya buddy?

https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing/13498-custom-cloned-body-kit-ideas-needed.html

Old 07-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Yume
yea, you're one to talk aren't ya buddy?

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13498

I'll be a man and admit to my mistakes (love the beauty of the internet), since then top secret has done nothing but take good care of me.

I have seen replicas of the top secret bumper and havne't been impressed, i'll just leave it at that.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey he isn't selling a counterfeit bumper. He advertises it as a replica topsecret bumper. It would be considered counterfiet if he advertised it as authentic, but the whole thread states that it is a REPLICA!! Some people don't know what the autual bumper looks like so pics are posted. The pics werent used to advertise his product it was to give people an idea of what it look like. It was used as an informative measure not an advertising measure. They said they will post pics once they get one replica made then he can advertise this. Just my 2 cents

Old 07-18-2006, 11:40 PM
boe
^^ very well said...

Old 07-19-2006, 01:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is terrible

Old 07-19-2006, 01:37 AM
sounds like a g35driver.com sponsor vs. non-sponsor. god, why do we even make replicas here in the states? oh yeah, because the overseas companies charge $500 for a 3-piece, one inch wing!

Old 07-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by n1cK
sounds like a g35driver.com sponsor vs. non-sponsor. god, why do we even make replicas here in the states? oh yeah, because the overseas companies charge $500 for a 3-piece, one inch wing!
This has nothing to do with sponsor vs. non-sponsor. I think Top Secret used to be a sponsor, but ran into their own issues with our board. I despise company's like AutomotiveMods who thrive off of the intellectual property and efforts of other companies. They buy the other manufacturers parts, create a mold, and sell them as their own- you're no better than the Nigerian scammers sending fake Western Union checks...

Old 07-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
This has nothing to do with sponsor vs. non-sponsor. I think Top Secret used to be a sponsor, but ran into their own issues with our board. I despise company's like AutomotiveMods who thrive off of the intellectual property and efforts of other companies. They buy the other manufacturers parts, create a mold, and sell them as their own- you're no better than the Nigerian scammers sending fake Western Union checks...
Hello,

For all of you who may have concern, there have been several changes made to our bumper in which the pictures will be posted today for all to view. This statement is not at all true and would never even think about doing such a thing. This is no longer an issue. Please keep checking the thread for updates. Thank You.

Mitch

Last edited by AutoMotiveMods; 07-19-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Thumbs down awwww...

Originally Posted by vodkarocket
i was jus' kiddin', sheesh "forum drama" is just amusing, that's all. i'm no lawyer, but this whole "replica" thing reminds me of napster vs. metallica. "we make millions on the people that buy our stuff! i'll be damned if someone was 'stealing' a small percentage of that!" reminds me of south park

Old 07-19-2006, 07:59 PM
In actuality, I see that there is really no big problem here. I am no lawyer, nor am I really going to have a final say as to what is going on here between the dispute of sueing and copyright infringement. However, I truely have not seen anything wrong with what AutoMotiveMods is doing. What exactly constitutes their wrong doing? The fact that Mitch(AutoMotive) has stated in all posts, threads, and even on their website, that they're all replicas and not authentics? Extreme Dimensions makes replicas exactly like the Top Secret and other brands, but labels their products as "TS1 Bumper" and "Wings Bumper" now does that constitute the fact that their bumper is nothing of the sort exactly like Top Secret's? If anything AutoMotive is the only company I have seen that actually labels their products as "Not the authentic"... and "Replica".. giving Top Secret and other brands a kind of "Works Cited" notation.. but then again.. this isn't really going to help much.. I was just thinking of how good my Tyson Chicken Fingers were... and I came across this thread

Old 07-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Drama...

Automotive, Any updates? I can't wait till I get my bumper.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top Secret Replica (NOT ORIGINAL) Full Front Bumper Polyurethane Sign Up!