Exterior-Vendor Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, and other styling components

Bodykits!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we currently are not making body kits out of polyurethane since most aftermarket urathane sags We currently are not making body kits out of polyurethane since most aftermarket urethane sags or droop down even the Wingwests brand. Urethanes are just marketing schemes for all body kits companies to get an advantage over the fiberglass market. Most urethane body kits in the market right now are cheaply made due to cheap mold and no pressure machine which result in sagginess in the summer time. For example, fiberglass and urethane will both be not repairable if it was hit at +5 mph. However, fiberglass has a chance to be fix since most body shops these days can fix crack fiberglass as oppose to rip urethane. As result, if you go with fiberglass it is cheaper and it can be repair if there are any minor damages than going with urethane.

Old 11-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Why is the Kenstyle front cheaper on the website than it is here? Can we order it there instead?

Old 11-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
any idea where to buy the fog lights for the kenstyle?

Old 11-03-2006, 03:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jee_35
any idea where to buy the fog lights for the kenstyle?

^^ ++1111 !!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2006, 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by tragedycat
Why is the Kenstyle front cheaper on the website than it is here? Can we order it there instead?

^^ ++111 !!!!!

Old 11-03-2006, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by globalbodykits
we currently are not making body kits out of polyurethane since most aftermarket urathane sags We currently are not making body kits out of polyurethane since most aftermarket urethane sags or droop down even the Wingwests brand. Urethanes are just marketing schemes for all body kits companies to get an advantage over the fiberglass market. Most urethane body kits in the market right now are cheaply made due to cheap mold and no pressure machine which result in sagginess in the summer time. For example, fiberglass and urethane will both be not repairable if it was hit at +5 mph. However, fiberglass has a chance to be fix since most body shops these days can fix crack fiberglass as oppose to rip urethane. As result, if you go with fiberglass it is cheaper and it can be repair if there are any minor damages than going with urethane.
Not to call you out, and you did make some valid points but, a poly bumper can take minor impacts with little to no damage where as a figerglass one will crack in a heartbeat. We have had some members that just bumped parking stops and shattered their bumpers. It really depends upon the manufacturer more than anything else. While fiberglass is easier to fix then Poly, any reputable shop can repair poly since almost all new cars use poly. In my case (and some others) since my car is my daily driver and I live in a "snow belt" area, fiberglass is not the best option. I am adding some fiberglass components due to their unavailability in Poly but as soon as they come out in Poly,(cough cough Kenstyle) I'll buy them.

Last edited by k_hojnacki; 11-03-2006 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by k_hojnacki
Not to call you out, and you did make some valid points but, a poly bumper can take minor impacts with little to no damage where as a figerglass one will crack in a heartbeat. We have had some members that just bumped parking stops and shattered their bumpers. It really depends upon the manufacturer more than anything else. While fiberglass is easier to fix then Poly, any reputable shop can repair poly since almost all new cars use poly. In my case (and some others) since my car is my daily driver and I live in a "snow belt" area, fiberglass is not the best option. I am adding some fiberglass components due to their unavailability in Poly but as soon as they come out in Poly,(cough cough Kenstyle) I'll buy them.

wow that really makes me rethink buying fiberglass

Old 11-03-2006, 04:53 PM
OEM bumpers are made out of high pressure urethane mix with plastic machine while aftermarket bumpers are made out low pressure urethane machine. The OEM molds can sometimes cost over $100,000 each as oppose to the cheaply made urethane mold for just a few thousand dollars. Most aftermarket companies which are the majority of the companies are made out of cheap aftermarket molds. However there are quality urethane molds such as Brabus and Lorinser which sell their bumpers at the high thousand dollars. The cons of a cheap urethane bodykits are due to low pressure machine manufacturer which causes sagginess, softness on the bumper and air bubbles. The sagginess and soft bumper can cause spider webs on the paint even with flexible applied in the paint process. In addition, most cheap urethane bumpers are delivered with oil that leads to a lot more problems such paint peeling, paint bubbling and paint not sticking. My friend has a body shop and bumpers that are ripped are mostly not replaceable. Insurance would either give them a new bumper, recycled bumper (used bumper), or remanufactured (fix only scratches).

Old 11-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...due to their unavailability in Poly but as soon as they come out in Poly,(cough cough Kenstyle) I'll buy them...
If you're hoping that the actual "Kenstyle" manufacturer will produce their products in poly.. then I don't think it's ever going to happen. There's a reason why in Japan it's a dealer option.. with that being said, it's built in fiberglass by them for a reason already... and regardless the reason.. people are still buying the kits.. like hotcakes may I add lol

Old 11-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Can we get some pix? I am ready to order when I see some pix.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by imandresing22
If you're hoping that the actual "Kenstyle" manufacturer will produce their products in poly.. then I don't think it's ever going to happen. There's a reason why in Japan it's a dealer option.. with that being said, it's built in fiberglass by them for a reason already... and regardless the reason.. people are still buying the kits.. like hotcakes may I add lol
Agreed, I really never expect Kenstyle to make Poly components, why would they? On the other hand, we have had some venders (one in particular (Automotivemods) ) who has expressed interest in producing the components if there was enough demand. Both times a group buy was set up we never quite made the min of 20. Our loss I suspect.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:50 PM
pics.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Agreed, I really never expect Kenstyle to make Poly components, why would they? On the other hand, we have had some venders (one in particular (Automotivemods) ) who has expressed interest in producing the components if there was enough demand. Both times a group buy was set up we never quite made the min of 20. Our loss I suspect.
Just to add a comment: Other then side skirts and MAYBE the rear bumper I'll assure you guys that it will NOT be made in poly urathane and if it ever is.. expect to pay just as much for the poly replica as the authentic JDM fiberglass bumper. Reason being is the complex design of the bumper will cause a poly urathane bumper to have very poor foundation. Take the TS urathane bumper for example.. over 3 weeks was spent alone just to figure out how to make the Grill.. Side skirts are not a problem because even if it is a complex design the general shape and mounting points of a skirt can hold itself.

- Eric

Old 11-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what's the number so we can call u.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:07 AM

has anyone bought one yet? i don't think anyone wants to be the first unless there are actual pics of fitment on a G. But then again... very tempting...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bodykits!!!