Exterior-Vendor Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, and other styling components

ARCH Industries: K2 REMIX POLY OFFICIAL RELEASE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Premier Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ShanesG
Damn, isn't that pretty much the whole point of poly though, is that its flexible enough to handle it scraping stuff, would have been much smarter to do it the other way around IMO, i know that was a big turnoff to the k2 and inven before was that it wasn't low enough. Still looks good and will be perfect for people who need alot of ground clearance.
the point of poly is to have a strong bumper as a foundation, that won't crack or fall apart if it got hit or scraped something. A bumper cracking or not cracking has little to do with the paint damage that will result. In the instance of a FG bumper, you'd be out both the bumper and the paint job.

SO the logic of having a poly bumper so you can scrape the Sh33t out of it makes no sense...

...unless you're baller and do 1 day paint jobs on your front bumper weekly (I hope that didn't make sense).

The K2 is aggressive enough for the enthusiasts who also daily drives their car. Without having to plan out what streets to take to just fill up on gas.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn, isn't that pretty much the whole point of poly though, is that its flexible enough to handle it scraping stuff, would have been much smarter to do it the other way around IMO, i know that was a big turnoff to the k2 and inven before was that it wasn't low enough. Still looks good and will be perfect for people who need alot of ground clearance.
Word.. I agree wit Shane

Old 02-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Hey not to be smart or anything,
u said that the k2 sits higher then the oem skirts with no splash guards correct. So how will the k2 sit evenly with impul skirts? Bc impul skirts sit lower then the oem skirts right?

Old 02-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
I think what shane was getting at is that the poly bumpers, for those that drive dumped, allows you to scrape the ground and not worry about the pressure causing the bumper to break, as would with a fiberglass bumper. The poly bumpers have more flexibility than the FG ones. Many people want poly because they don't want to deal with FG cracking, although me personally, I prefer FG because it's easier to repair and modify, but not everyone drives as low as me or others like me..or some want it for protection from a tire hitting the bumper...been there done that, fiberglass cracked, lol.

It's hard to make a bumper that would cater to everyone's needs. Those that don't have the wheels tucking the fenders would need a lower bumper. Those that want more clearance would need a higher bumper. Those that want to ride super low, fenders on rims status would need a higher bumper.

As mentioned it's hard to sell a product like so that would have different preferences..bumper and fitment looks great. Possibly for those that want it lower can have a lip made for it besides having the Home Depot rubber lip, but that may be too costly.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM
Hey not to be smart or anything,
u said that the k2 sits higher then the oem skirts with no splash guards correct. So how will the k2 sit evenly with impul skirts? Bc impul skirts sit lower then the oem skirts right?
I believe ARCH is referring to the Impul sides they are coming out with. Or at least that's how I perceived it.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by ARCH Industries
the point of poly is to have a strong bumper as a foundation, that won't crack or fall apart if it got hit or scraped something. A bumper cracking or not cracking has little to do with the paint damage that will result. In the instance of a FG bumper, you'd be out both the bumper and the paint job.

SO the logic of having a poly bumper so you can scrape the Sh33t out of it makes no sense...

...unless you're baller and do 1 day paint jobs on your front bumper weekly (I hope that didn't make sense).

The K2 is aggressive enough for the enthusiasts who also daily drives their car. Without having to plan out what streets to take to just fill up on gas.
My point was that the original inven and K2 were already higher than normal, especially at the sides(which was the whole reason i took mine off). and since poly IS alot more forgiving than fiber IF you do indeed scrape all that will be happening is your paint getting scratched rather with fiberglas not only will your paint get scratched but you're looking at extra cost to re-glass it most likely. Logic makes perfect sense haha. Anyways like i said this will be a great front for people who want an aftermarket look with alot of ground clearance. It still looks good and i'm glad people have another choice for a poly front. Keep up the great work!!!

Old 02-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
will you be making the kenstyle sides on poly?

Old 02-23-2010, 05:32 PM
I prefer to have it sit a little higher since i was scraping already with the stock bumper... BTW that is my car. If you really look you will see the iPhone as reference... and iPhone is only 4.5 inches long. I just measured mine and the bumper is lower than the iPhone. I like the idea of not scraping my bumper and jacking up the paint everytime i go some where with a moderate speed bump or places with dips where you have to slow down to 5mph. The impul sides made in poly should be pretty equal to the K2. So if your balla status and can afford paint all the time then cool! I am not balla status so I think more practical. That and the fact i live in SoCal where a bumper can get damaged before you know it. The car is dropped on stock (yes stock) shocks and Eibach Pro kit for the 350z. The rims are 20". So you can use that as a reference.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
So if your balla status and can afford paint all the time then cool!
Even if you scraped every day you wouldn't need to even repaint, it's all areas that cannot be seen, unless you're battling curbs, bump stops, blasting through speedbumps, dips, etc. LOL. 9 out of 10 people who buy aftermarket kits want something that is lower, the main point in having one is to have that lower effect. I'm all for having more options but lets not get carried away with the whole re-painting and being a baller comments cause it couldn't be further from the truth. I live in socal too and drive 300+ miles a weeks and have never had a fiberglass front get effed up by normal driving, and i'm dumped (~1.5" ground clearance) only time they got messed up was because of huge **** debris on the road that i couldn't avoid, and well you front is getting effed even if it sits higher. All in all, this is a perfect front for someone who wants their cake and to eat it too.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Even if you scraped every day you wouldn't need to even repaint, it's all areas that cannot be seen, unless you're battling curbs, bump stops, blasting through speedbumps, dips, etc. LOL. 9 out of 10 people who buy aftermarket kits want something that is lower, the main point in having one is to have that lower effect. I'm all for having more options but lets not get carried away with the whole re-painting and being a baller comments cause it couldn't be further from the truth. I live in socal too and drive 300+ miles a weeks and have never had a fiberglass front get effed up by normal driving, and i'm dumped (~1.5" ground clearance) only time they got messed up was because of huge **** debris on the road that i couldn't avoid, and well you front is getting effed even if it sits higher. All in all, this is a perfect front for someone who wants their cake and to eat it too.
Agreed...only time I've had a problem is when a tire hit my bumper and when I didn't angle enough and I was being gutsy (crazy decline with bump and dip following one after another). Other than that when I scraped everything was on the bottom but it's not noticeable since it's on the underside of the bumper.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:19 PM
My stock bumper is scraped to hell from being lowered. If you ask people with lowered cars with stock bumpers i bet they scrape and their bumpers show the signs from it. Most people usually give up on keeping the paint up on the front bumpers due to this. I am going after market so i have a different look and since im 4 inches off the ground anyways i dont want to be lower. And Yes Paint makes a big difference and if you can manage to keep your front clean then congrats! But most people have the same problem with damaging the front as i did.

Please explain how your going to raise the bumper if its already too low to begin with? Dremel? But seriously its easier to drop the car more than raise it higher (coilovers, lip, different shocks). If you raise it higher then your stuck with wheel gap... everyone knows wheel gap is unsightly.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
I think the simple solution is Arch should make us a sick *** CF lip to go on the bottom!

Old 02-23-2010, 06:24 PM
4" I find to be the safe zone for a front bumper. Doesn't require too much angling. When I was 3" above the ground I found it difficult with certain driveways and I'd have to scrape with pride. When I did my custom Kenstyle I had it raised up 1/2 so its at 3.5" above the ground and believe it or not, that 1/2" makes a HUGE difference. Once I lowered my car too much on accident...2" above the ground...couldn't get in my driveway but it looked super sick, but I was tucking and needed spacers even with 20x9.5 -12 up front lol.

Bump for K2

Old 02-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah i agree my car (in the picture) is about 4.25 off the ground. I like that height... if it was any lower it would start looking like my front... major scratches... i live in Westminster and work in Santa Ana... so dips and potholes are avoidable but it would require me to learn all the side streets. If i lived in Irvine like before it wouldnt be bad cuz all the roads there are good.

and +1 to the lip idea! Hey Arch ya listening? lol

Old 02-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is the k2 bumper higher then the 2004 oem
bumper ..?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ARCH Industries: K2 REMIX POLY OFFICIAL RELEASE