Pictures from the CB Smith Park/Hooters Meet (40+ hi-res pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
you guys had a nice turnout of some sweet cars.

Teddie, great snappies. I could stand to take a few lessons from you on taking pics and manipulating them. They are very vivid. What equipment are you using?

I am looking forward to seeing you guys again in September.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:43 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
hot rides. had a blast with you guys. just made it back to jax. im pretty exhausted since i was out til 5am the last 2 nights. driving back drunk/tired wasnt too fun. oh i found out the inside of my right rear tire is bald so i cant give justin crap haha. ill post my pics later tonight or tomorrow when im not dead.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL!!! yea you blew my spot hard man! The good news is that after you downed that SSV so much I posted it up Sunday morning and sold it by Sunday night!

Originally Posted by w0ady
hot rides. had a blast with you guys. just made it back to jax. im pretty exhausted since i was out til 5am the last 2 nights. driving back drunk/tired wasnt too fun. oh i found out the inside of my right rear tire is bald so i cant give justin crap haha. ill post my pics later tonight or tomorrow when im not dead.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
HOT!! They all look really good.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:01 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 2FastG354U
LOL!!! yea you blew my spot hard man! The good news is that after you downed that SSV so much I posted it up Sunday morning and sold it by Sunday night!
congrats man. i wasnt trying to hate on it, just being honest about everything ive heard.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Very nice pics. It was great to meet all the g memebers out there, had a great time. Props the pic takers and to those that drove the extra distance for the meet....... Next sopt.... Cocoa Beach, FL, 9-9-6.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:35 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cj350
those pics are awesome.....thanks for sharing...what kind of a camera is that
Originally Posted by Gilley
you guys had a nice turnout of some sweet cars.

Teddie, great snappies. I could stand to take a few lessons from you on taking pics and manipulating them. They are very vivid. What equipment are you using?

I am looking forward to seeing you guys again in September.
Thanks for the compliments guys and honestly I feel bad because my camera doesn't deserve them. It's a lowly Konica Minolta G600 6MP point-and-shoot. I'd give it away for 100 bucks, lol. Imagine what these pictures would have looked like if I had a real DSLR...

Sean, one thing I've learned is that all cameras do the same basic thing, whether they cost $2000 or $200. The rest is a matter of composition, lighting, and post-processing. If you learn these 3 things, you can take great pics with any camera. Of course, a DSLR is far superior when it comes to colors, sharpness, detail, noise levels, but that's not what makes the picture as these things can be somewhat corrected in PS. You also should be able to understand how aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc depend on each other in order to make them work well together. The rest is a matter of practice, I've taken over 7500 pictures in the past year and I've learned a ton in the process. I'm a photography/PS rookie myself, but one person that has helped me a lot is JB - he is extremely resourceful and he can teach you a lot of tricks What cameras do you and Chucky have?

Old 07-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by QuadCam
I wanted to make it, but I was in the office all afternoon.

Damn, I love hooters and their wings, too.

I'm glad to see a couple sedans made it out. It is tough for a sedan to look good with all those beautiful coupes lined up!

Yea man, I was kinda hoping to see you out there, there was only 2 of us sedan guys out there.

But as for the rest of you guys, Im glad to have met all of you, I had fun at the meet and at hooters....as for the pics....great work people.

We should definately have meets more often in our area (So. Fla.) Im defnately down to do the whole once a month thing...chime in on that idea people.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Thanks for the compliments guys and honestly I feel bad because my camera doesn't deserve them. It's a lowly Konica Minolta G600 6MP point-and-shoot. I'd give it away for 100 bucks, lol. Imagine what these pictures would have looked like if I had a real DSLR...

Sean, one thing I've learned is that all cameras do the same basic thing, whether they cost $2000 or $200. The rest is a matter of composition, lighting, and post-processing. If you learn these 3 things, you can take great pics with any camera. Of course, a DSLR is far superior when it comes to colors, sharpness, detail, noise levels, but that's not what makes the picture as these things can be somewhat corrected in PS. You also should be able to understand how aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc depend on each other in order to make them work well together. The rest is a matter of practice, I've taken over 7500 pictures in the past year and I've learned a ton in the process. I'm a photography/PS rookie myself, but one person that has helped me a lot is JB - he is extremely resourceful and he can teach you a lot of tricks What cameras do you and Chucky have?
I'm impressed with the quality of your Minolta. I get Pretty good photos from my point and shoot 4 MP Canon SD410. I also have a 5 MP Canon G5 and an 8 MP Canon Rebel DSLR. I think my poorer photos are taken with the Rebel. I don't process then with PS though, so that might help.

Chuck has a nice Pentax 6 MP.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Nice outting peeps, looks like all had a good time ( that's what's it's all about ...lol )

Hey Teddy great work with the camera. Where's the bling bling whip........

Old 07-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sup 4 Door Skyline, Did you notice how there's no side shots of any four door...LOL They are trying to forget about the Sedan already. Those Coupe Bastards, I tell yah. Oh Snap, I'm about to become one of those Bastards... Never Mind. LOL

Looks like you guys had fun. I should have showed up in my Jeep...LOL

Well, if all goes well I'll being seeing you guys on the next meet for sure. Nice meeting you at JR today 4 Door Skyline. Talk about a small world ah?

Old 07-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Drako
Sup 4 Door Skyline, Did you notice how there's no side shots of any four door...LOL They are trying to forget about the Sedan already. Those Coupe Bastards, I tell yah. Oh Snap, I'm about to become one of those Bastards... Never Mind. LOL

Looks like you guys had fun. I should have showed up in my Jeep...LOL

Well, if all goes well I'll being seeing you guys on the next meet for sure. Nice meeting you at JR today 4 Door Skyline. Talk about a small world ah?

....ya misssed mine

Old 07-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My eyes must be Bias already... LMAO

Old 07-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
nice pics guys, those are some ugly hooters girls....

Old 07-24-2006, 11:16 PM
theres a shot of urs in there somewhere, at cb smith before i got there, when we were at cb smith still

and

Drako....definately small world man, nice meeting you too, pero no go on the wiring install, this guy i think went to sleep when he got home, pero **** it I'm ampless for now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pictures from the CB Smith Park/Hooters Meet (40+ hi-res pics)