Pictures from the CB Smith Park/Hooters Meet (40+ hi-res pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 11:37 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
ok here are my 50 or so pics from saturday. simple 3mp casio that i just load up with pics so dont expect anything too fancy. first pics are at cb smith park. think i counted about 20-25 cars at one point. then theres pics on the way to hooters. i ended up racing a porsche cayenne for a sec. it was sick seeing the front end just lift up and move. we were even but ran into traffic quick. then pics in and outside of hooters. some action shots on the way home then my almost bald rears. just want to be like justin i guess. bah i just noticed some pics are sideways but im too lazy to go back.

Last edited by w0ady; 07-25-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
nice pics guys, those are some ugly hooters girls....

word! haha

Old 07-25-2006, 02:20 AM
THE BATMOBILE
great pics woady

Old 07-25-2006, 04:05 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I wish i could have gotten there early but, anyways nice pics.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:52 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gilley
I'm impressed with the quality of your Minolta. I get Pretty good photos from my point and shoot 4 MP Canon SD410. I also have a 5 MP Canon G5 and an 8 MP Canon Rebel DSLR. I think my poorer photos are taken with the Rebel. I don't process then with PS though, so that might help.

Chuck has a nice Pentax 6 MP.
Trust me, PS makes the biggest difference. I rely on it more heavily because there's a lot more stuff to fix/hide than with a DSLR. Play with the levels, curves, color balance, contrast, and so on, and you'll see the difference If you want, I can post some of the unprocessed originals and you're going to laugh.

The G5 is a nice camera and so is the Rebel. I've been thinking about the Rebel for a long while, but I was told to go straight for the 20D, which costs considerably more. I figured I'd get a cheaper body and spend more on lenses, than get a 20D that will break the bank. Decisions, decisions. JB, care to chime in?

Originally Posted by O NO
Nice outting peeps, looks like all had a good time ( that's what's it's all about ...lol )

Hey Teddy great work with the camera. Where's the bling bling whip........
Thanks Neil! I didn't take any pics of the bling bling but she just got a new mod so a photoshoot is due

Old 07-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Yeam, the hooter girls were hurtinggggggggg.....

Old 07-25-2006, 05:00 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by Finiti35
Trust me, PS makes the biggest difference. I rely on it more heavily because there's a lot more stuff to fix/hide than with a DSLR. Play with the levels, curves, color balance, contrast, and so on, and you'll see the difference If you want, I can post some of the unprocessed originals and you're going to laugh.
Photoshop is quite an amazing tool... I agree with everything you said there, Teddie. It's always best to get as good an exposure as possible in the camera, but when you don't, or you want to alter it later, PS is the perfect tool.

Originally Posted by Finiti35
The G5 is a nice camera and so is the Rebel. I've been thinking about the Rebel for a long while, but I was told to go straight for the 20D, which costs considerably more. I figured I'd get a cheaper body and spend more on lenses, than get a 20D that will break the bank. Decisions, decisions. JB, care to chime in?
DSLR's require more thought to picture taking. They are not point and shoot cameras, so you have to adjust your picture-taking process accordingly. Quite a few early DSLR cameras were designed for post processing in a tool like Photoshop. The camera's profile or properties were defaulted to produce less-sharp, flatter images so that the photographer could have maximum adjustability after the picture was taken. That led to some unhappy photographers that complained thet their DSLR cameras were softer than their point and shoot cameras. Indeed they were, but their parameters could be adjusted to give their images better out-of-the-camera characteristics.

I don't want to hijack this thread with camera talk, but that's the gist of it. I'm also not saying that anyone is having the problems I described above.

If I already had a Rebel, I'd probably keep it a while and buy a good lens instead. If I was looking for a DSLR, and I didn't already have one, I would buy a better body. Did I mention that I have an almost new, low-mileage 20D body that I would like to find a new home for...

Old 07-25-2006, 05:09 PM
G's Up, Ho's Down
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol... I love when people put.. "I don't want to Hijack this thread BUT blah blah blah...."

P.S. The pic of me in the car makes me look retarded....... literally...

Last edited by BocaCoupe; 07-25-2006 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
nice pics guys, those are some ugly hooters girls....

lol, they were. there was only hot one but she didnt come out to take pics. the one i took the pic w/ was ok. but after a couple of beers she started looking hot

Old 07-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by BocaCoupe
lol... I love when people put.. "I don't want to Hijack this thread BUT blah blah blah...."

P.S. The pic of me in the car makes me look retarded....... literally...

haha....damn bro....didnt know you would take it to heart like that!! LOL j/k

Old 07-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by escobar929
lol, they were. there was only hot one but she didnt come out to take pics. the one i took the pic w/ was ok. but after a couple of beers she started looking hot
agreed...she was the only do-able chick there

Old 07-25-2006, 09:34 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 4 Door Skyline
agreed...she was the only do-able chick there
ya i ended up going to hard rock hooters that night cause my friends picked it. she was working there but i was more in love with our new waitress. short dirty blond spanish chic. pines needs to step up its game lol.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Didn't someone say lets go to a strip club!?

Old 07-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by 2FastG354U
Didn't someone say lets go to a strip club!?
I think I heard that mentioned. Hmmm, think the strip club manager will let the girls pose with the cars?

Old 07-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Finiti & Woady, thanks for taking the time to post up all the pics! Looking forward to the next meet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pictures from the CB Smith Park/Hooters Meet (40+ hi-res pics)