CPA part III I hate Prometric

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPA part III I hate Prometric

So a funny thing happened to me today....Im studying for the CPA exam the Tax section and I go early to the testing center sit down relax get a little study time in before the big exam. Time comes and i go in to take the exam and access denied......AHHHHHHHHHHH......Stupid Prometric would not let me take the exam because I didnt have my NTS letter. The funny thing is there si nothing on the NTS leter but my name and address and strike codes. I thought the only thing I needed was the strike code but I guess i was wrong. They never asked me before for the NTS letter and so i thought it wasnt that big of a deal to have it. So I yelled at the Manager there saying they never checked my NTS letter before and they need to get their procedured in check. Then I got real mad and told him i was giong to sue him and call the board of accountancy on him....LMAO....not a good idea to say to the guy that is giving you the exam.. So any way I call NASBA and try to reschedule and I cant because the computer system is down. At this point I think im giont to have to reapply and taht usually takes about 6-9weeks and another 45days to schedule but the guy on the phone told me it is only going to take 3 to 5 days to reschedule and if I can get a spot at the testing center i can take it the next day. So long story short 200 dollars later and 5 days I can take the exam.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Read through your post and didn't really understand it (probably because I am licensed in TX and took the old-school pre-computer exam) but wanted to say good luck. I am so glad I never have to take that dang test ever again.

Plus you reminded me I need to get some quick CPE in before my birthday next month.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:54 PM
each state is different......in Florida you have to have 150 hours of those there are other requirements which i wont go into. But the CPA exam is completely computerized and you dont have to take all the sections together. You can take each section by itself with in a certain amount of time. You have 18 months to pass all four sections starting from the date you pass the first part. After that you can only take the exam during the first to months of every quarter and when you signe up for it you have to take it within 6 months of signing up. So its a lot about timing and how and when you take it. looked through everything I said makes sense no irrational thoughts or comingling sentences... well maybe a little.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:09 PM
That sucks man... I guess you'll be sleeping on the couch tonight.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice job, leaving your letter at home.

$200 could have bought you part of a wheel.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:44 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD
i dont think he should be driving around with part of a wheel on anyways

Old 08-07-2006, 02:46 PM
No katie isnt mad..... she actuall feels bad for me because she knows that Im mad at myself for not bringing the letter. But she did tell me that I could get 12 turbos that she didnt care.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by WILD121
each state is different......in Florida you have to have 150 hours of those there are other requirements which i wont go into. But the CPA exam is completely computerized and you dont have to take all the sections together. You can take each section by itself with in a certain amount of time. You have 18 months to pass all four sections starting from the date you pass the first part. After that you can only take the exam during the first to months of every quarter and when you signe up for it you have to take it within 6 months of signing up. So its a lot about timing and how and when you take it. looked through everything I said makes sense no irrational thoughts or comingling sentences... well maybe a little.
No, no...I wasn't saying you posted something irrational. When I took the exam, we just showed up with our little picture card, driver's license and 2 number 2 pencils and were good to go.

Just telling you good luck was all. I know what your going through.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:55 PM
oh thanks...... yeah format has changed you need all this crap to get in to take the exam and if you forget one thing you cant take it.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
What would you do with 12 turbos? You only nees 2 at the most, silly.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:10 PM
_jb
Photographer

Hmm... one per cylinder and four spares???

Old 08-07-2006, 05:12 PM
well 1 turbo or each cylinder and then i need a turbo for the turbo. making 12.