View Poll Results: What would you do?
Leave the tint on and take the chances of getting pulled over again.
94.44%
Take it off and get the oh so purposeless 28% tint
5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

So I received a tint ticket today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
So I received a tint ticket today

I had my tint put on by Dexter who knows how long ago....about a year and a half ago at the tint party at Aleic's house. I have yet to have any problems with my tint until today.

I notice a bike cop to my left. I'm in the middle lane. The speed limit has just gone up from 55mph to 65mph. The cop gets in front of me, so I get over in the left lane. I'm doing exactly 65mph in a 65mph zone. As soon as I get over, the cop gets back over to my lane and puts his lights on. I was so confused as to why he would pull me over.

So he tells me that my tint is illegal...does the whole tint metering thing. My tint came out to 4% He gave me a fix-it ticket. He said the tint on my front 2 windows are illegal, but the rest is fine. He also said that aftermarket exhausts get louder with time and that my exhaust will probably get me pulled over soon. I tell him that the exhaust meets the legal limit of 92dB and he laughs. He said "To be honest, the stock pipes are already pushing the limit"

I can either pay a fine of $49 and take the chances of getting another ticket for my tint

OR

I can take my tint off, go to the UCF police and have them sign that my tint is off ($4) and then mail in my fine ($7.50 processing fee). Plus another $100 or so to have my windows retinted 28% (the legal limit = no fun).

What do you guys think? Hell...lets do a poll.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:08 PM
THE BATMOBILE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have the ucf police take care of it

Old 11-27-2006, 06:52 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
run to canada. or just leave it on and stay here.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:04 PM
The tint law is retarded. I'd just pay it and ride with what you've got. If you see a cop next time, roll down ur windows half way. As far as Exhaust goes, that's crap cause look at the Rustangs and other cars out there. F*ck the Police!!! Some are cool, but most are on Powertrips cause they have that badge.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
just pay it. Hell $49 that's not bad at all. Mine was 71.50.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
pay the $49

Old 11-27-2006, 07:12 PM
When did the legal limit drop to 28%?

Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
just pay the fine and leave it be. What are the chances of it happening again? Not very high, your the first person i have ever heard of getting pulled over for tine, in florida atleast. Im going wednesday to have my windsheild tinted and im already rolling with limo....

Old 11-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
$49 isnt much its moe down here but i feel ur pain...from day one of having my tint (2%) ive gotten 4 tint tickets and have been let go on a couple more! totally sucks a$$ but ya get used to it lol thank god my cousins fiance in a lawyer

Old 11-27-2006, 07:54 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CHUPA Hunter G
When did the legal limit drop to 28%?
Front limit has always been 28%... rear/back is 15%. The cop that said 4% in the back is fine doesn't know the law. Leave your tint as is, lighter front and darker rear windows don't mix too well.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Just leave it man, chances are pretty slim to get pulled over for it again

Old 11-27-2006, 10:32 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
mine was 76.50
but im gettin mine dismissed!! f-uck the cops dont pay it

Old 11-28-2006, 12:26 AM
i got my tint ticket trashed,and im still riding with the same tints on!

Old 11-28-2006, 09:09 AM
FGC Central Florida BOD
$49 every 2yrs to have tint is worth it

but if u really wanna change it, i would go with 20%....it usually doesnt even draw attention from cops, let alone have them pull u over for it alone.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Pay the ticket. It's not a moving violation and there are no points. $71 is more common of a fine.

316.2953 Side windows; restrictions on sunscreening material.--A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street on which vehicle the side wings and side windows on either side forward of or adjacent to the operator's seat are composed of, covered by, or treated with any sunscreening material or other product or covering which has the effect of making the window nontransparent or which would alter the window's color, increase its reflectivity, or reduce its light transmittance, except as expressly permitted by this section. A sunscreening material is authorized for such windows if, when applied to and tested on the glass of such windows on the specific motor vehicle, the material has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 25 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 28 percent in the visible light range. A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.
316.2954 Windows behind the driver; restrictions on sunscreening material.--

(1) A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street on which vehicle any windows behind the driver are composed of, covered by, or treated with any sunscreening material, or other product or material which has the effect of making the window nontransparent or which would alter the window's color, increase its reflectivity, or reduce its light transmittance, except as specified below:

(a) Sunscreening material consisting of film which, when applied to and tested on the rear window glass of the specific motor vehicle, has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 15 percent in the visible light range; however, sunscreening material which, when applied to and tested on the rear window glass of the specific motor vehicle, has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 6 percent in the visible light range may be used on multipurpose passenger vehicles.

(b) Perforated sunscreening material which, when tested in conjunction with existing glazing or film material, has a total reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent and a light transmittance of no less than 30 percent. For those products or materials having different levels of reflectance, the highest reflectance from the product or material will be measured by dividing the area into 16 equal sections and averaging the overall reflectance. The measured reflectance of any of those sections may not exceed 50 percent.

(c) Louvered materials, if the installation of the materials does not reduce driver visibility by more than 50 percent.

(d) Privacy drapes, curtains and blinds, provided such covering is in an open and secure position when the motor vehicle is being operated on any public highway, road, or street.

(2) A person shall not operate any motor vehicle upon any public highway, road, or street, on which vehicle the rear window is composed of, covered by, or treated with any material which has the effect of making the window nontransparent, unless the vehicle is equipped with side mirrors on both sides that meet the requirements of s. 316.294.

(3) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.
FOR DANIEL:
316.29545 Window sunscreening exclusions; medical exemption; certain law enforcement vehicles exempt.--

(1) The department shall issue medical exemption certificates to persons who are afflicted with Lupus or similar medical conditions which require a limited exposure to light, which certificates shall entitle the person to whom the certificate is issued to have sunscreening material on the windshield, side windows, and windows behind the driver which is in violation of the requirements of ss. 316.2951-316.2957. The department shall provide, by rule, for the form of the medical certificate authorized by this section. At a minimum, the medical exemption certificate shall include a vehicle description with the make, model, year, vehicle identification number, medical exemption decal number issued for the vehicle, and the name of the person or persons who are the registered owners of the vehicle. A medical exemption certificate shall be nontransferable and shall become null and void upon the sale or transfer of the vehicle identified on the certificate.

(2) The department shall exempt all law enforcement vehicles used in undercover or canine operations from the window sunscreening requirements of ss. 316.2951-316.2957.

(3) The department may charge a fee in an amount sufficient to defray the expenses of issuing a medical exemption certificate as described in subsection (1).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So I received a tint ticket today