06-07 headlamp Florida hookup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
City Lights in the 06 Housing sit below the headlight near the Fogs, and it uses Wedge Bulbs " 194/168 ", same as your Clear Corners, some interior, etc....

Old 03-30-2007, 12:41 PM
FYI guys I purchased some additional lights to see which combination I want to keep. Most likely I will be keeping the 5000k D2S bulbs as with the 5000k H1, so that means I'll have an extra pair of 6000k D2S bulbs and an extra set of 4000k and 6000k H1's. Also have a pair of mirrored ambers and a pair of PIAA extreme white 7440 bulbs. Once the bulbs get here and the lamps get here I'll be testing them to see which setup I prefer and once I choose then the rest of those bulbs will be for sale. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Everyone, we have a problem.

This deal is NOT going to happen through the Tampa dealership... Why? Miscommunication. The Tampa dealership thought that Dan meant One headlamp and ONE ballast for $450........... instead of a pair.

I'm frustrated - & tired - & I have bulbs in hand just like some of you.

After he spoke to the dealership some more, they want $680 for each pair with ballasts.

At this point, I think that it would be best if I just refunded all of your monies.

I am going to continue looking for a deal for myself. If I find one, I won't even bother mentioning it till I have the lamps in hand. I have busted my *** 3 times over trying to get these lamps for us and so has Dan. Sorry it didn't work out.

PM me and I'll hit the REFUND button on my PP account.

Adrian :-(

Old 03-30-2007, 04:43 PM
_jb
Photographer

Sorry this ended up up not working out well... I know how much effort you and Dan have spent trying to get Projectors for the group at a good price.

Actually, $680 a pair isn't a terrible price, considering that Infiniti upped the price last year after they got popular. It seems like a lot of money now, because everyone was expecting a much cheaper price.

Thanks for trying to help !!!

Old 03-30-2007, 06:46 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
yeh
well not only is this not happening infiniti of tampa no longer wants to do business with me because of this.

let me list out the names:
dale - parts manager
michael - sales guy that i work with
me - me

first dale calls me and wants to know when im coming to pick them up.
me: in about an hour,
dale: ok cool ill see you then, how much did michael tell you per set?
me: say 450 a set.
dale: see you in a few.
hang up.

im at the bank and getttin the rest of the money out
dale calls me back and says 450 a set isnt goin to fly
me: ok why not thats how much michael told me?
dale: cause thats below the cost for them
me: ok so what the new price goin to be?
dale: i dont know i got a call into michael and he should call me back in like 45 mins to find out what the deal is.
hang up

hour or so later dale calls back
me: how much?
dale: well lets talk in sides (passenger side and driver side) cause thats how they come you cant order them in sets.
me: ok so how much a side? 250?
dale: no thats not goin to fly either. 338 a side
me: thats rediculous. michael told me 450 a set.
dale: well michael was under the impression that is was 450 a side.
me: alright but i can already get them for cheaper then that but let me talk to every one
dale: well when you dont call me back and dont take these im not goin to be very happy and you can consider us done for any future purchases.
me: ok
hang up

call adrian let him know whats up and begin money transfer process back to him

this morning
phone rings
me: hello
michael: hey buddy. so whats goin on here?
me: well im not taking those lights for 338 a side thats for sure. you told me 450 a set
michael: well i thought you were talkin 450 a side.
me: why would i pay 450 a side when im can already get them for 650 shipped. 900 a set?!?! is ludacris how dumb do you think i am?? what about 550 a set?
michael: let me see. well we are already losing $2 per side since they cost us 340 a side.
me: why didnt you check the prices of the part numbers i gave you before you ordered?
michael: well at 450 a side that should cover it theres no need to look up the price.
me: alright well you can go ahead and return them cause im not taking them.
michael: well we cant return them we are stuck with them.
me: well that sucks, but im not taking them for 676 when you told me 450 a set and i can already get them for 650 shipped.
michael: yeh
hang up

see that i have a new voicemail a little bit later. check voicemail.
michael: hey dan after we got off the phone i talked with dale and we can return the lights. he feels that we are gettin screwed int he whole deal and is not happy and is washing his hands of this. he says that we are no longer allowed to sell anything to you, nuts bolts nothing. sorry about he situation ill talk to you later.

so i get blamed for the whole thing like it ws my fault, im no longer allowed to do business with infiniti of tampa, and i have no projectors. what a way to end the week.

Last edited by SFLG35; 03-30-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:45 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to everyone, but there is nothing more that i could have done. i am sorry that it had to happen this way and feel very bad for those of you who already bought the bulbs, but there is nothing more that i could do.

cause i am def not buying them for 670 nor asking you guys to throw in another 220 dollars to make them happy.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:38 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD
dan, you handled it well.

It's there own fault and they should be eating the cost. Frankly I would boycott them anyways! I understand if they made a mistake that would hurt them too bad finacially to make it right, but they also should see your (our) point of view in not paying $250 more per set.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks for trying to make this happen. I'll hold on to the bulbs because Im sure another deal will come our way. Maybe I can focus on the double din mod now. Thanks again.

Blayne

Old 03-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Dan, Thanks for all your efforts, to H_LLwith dealer that want to take advantage of the Florida G35 members.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:29 PM
I have begun refunding all of you.

To those of you that sent money to my #$^%@#@ufl.edu address, refund is delayed a bit b/c I have to move the funds from one acct to a completely different bank tomorrow morning.

Take care you guys.

Bummed,

Adrian

Old 03-30-2007, 10:51 PM
That really does suck Dan & Adrian, too bad this didn't work out for all of you. Hopefully you all can figure out a solution so you all can be happy. And on a side note..........

Official Boycott: To Infiniti of Tampa, way to lose a good guy and lots of business, YOU'RE TEH LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2007, 12:42 AM
Forward me my money back ASAP please......now I look like a super asshat to my friend when i promised these to him for his birthday two weeks ago......but i do understand the deal with the dealership.......thats why we call them STEALERSHIPS.

Old 03-31-2007, 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by jtuner77
Forward me my money back ASAP please......now I look like a super asshat to my friend when i promised these to him for his birthday two weeks ago......but i do understand the deal with the dealership.......thats why we call them STEALERSHIPS.
Give me your friend's number and I'll call him and tell him personally.

I wont mention prices if you don't want me to, but I'll tell him straight up that two deals fell through. and I'll even tell him that I offered to call! You didn't ask!

Adrian

Old 03-31-2007, 09:38 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Adrian & Dan, Sorry for the wasted time with the stealership. TONY S., is going to send the boys down for a visit.

Bill

Old 03-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Just to remind everyone this isnt the first time infiniti of tampa has screwed up on prices......I dont want to tell the whole story over again but Dan went through a lot to get my Authentic NISMO bumper and it was just one big screw up after another mostly bc of NISMO north America but IOT had a hand in mis pricing the bumper to us several times.

Dont worry about it Dan, I told you after the bumper deal that you should stop doing business with them, at least its over with and you have Lokey to go to.....its a little more out of the way but at least they arent retards over there.

Last edited by WILD121; 03-31-2007 at 10:18 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 06-07 headlamp Florida hookup