Crawford Headers Installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:55 PM
_jb
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Crawford Headers Installed!

I had my Crawford Headers and High Flow Cats installed at Lokey yesterday. The installation was very smooth and everything seems to be working perfectly. Big thanks to Jon Oliva, Vince, and Christian of Lokey for arranging everything, and especially to Christian for doing the actual installation.

I am very happy with the headers and HFCs... The engine idle tone is a bit lower and throatier and the overall sound gets better as the RPMs climb. I haven't really run it hard yet, but headers are a sweet mod. They seem to have improved the midrange powerband quite a bit.

I took a few pictures that some of you might be interested in. I didn't take any during the actual installation as I used one of Lokey's Loaner Cars (2007 Sedan) and went back to work.

Here's a shot of the headers before installation. Crawford offers an option to get the Jet-Hot coating along with the headers. I opted for the 1300 degree coating that Doug recommended.

I don't know how many of you have talked to Doug Crawford, but he's really a character. I asked about some of Jet-Hot's coatings that are higher than 1300 degrees and he laughed... He said any heat over 1300 degrees would melt the front of my car off... Hahaha...

Picture of the Cats... This one has an extra bung for a UTEC Tuner Kit or O2 probe...

Inside the cat... I wiped the shavings out before putting this cat on...

And here's my best picture of the installed headers. You can see a few tubes, but that's about it.

That's it!

Old 07-12-2007, 12:05 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
wow looks really good, how much did the install run you

Old 07-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Thats really nice _jb. I told you Christian is a pro at installing those headers on our G's and its always nice to get a loaner car while your car is up on the lift. Next stop, UTEC at peformance factory?

Old 07-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
now its utec time!!!

looks great! say good bye to your gas cause you're always gonna wanna floor it all the time

Old 07-12-2007, 01:18 AM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by Demonteverde
Thats really nice _jb. I told you Christian is a pro at installing those headers on our G's and its always nice to get a loaner car while your car is up on the lift. Next stop, UTEC at peformance factory?
Yep, Christian was a pleasure to deal with. He has a hot turbo'd 240 that's pretty cool too.

Next step will hopefully be to get Jeremy to tune it with either a UTEC or Osiris. I don't know if he ever plans to do anything with Osiris or not, or if he thinks a UTEC is better.

Originally Posted by escobar929
now its utec time!!!

looks great! say good bye to your gas cause you're always gonna wanna floor it all the time
I waited until the traffic died down a bit tonight and took a ride... Big difference! I see what you meant about the sound. It changed quite a bit. Not necessarily louder... Just a different tone.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
I want to hear it tomorrow!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:08 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice! i have been thinking of getting headers myself but im not sure which ones to get?

Old 07-12-2007, 05:38 AM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
Thumbs up

looks good homie

Old 07-12-2007, 06:14 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
congrats john! im sure that rev-up engine is loving the mods. cant wait to see what jeremy can get out of it with the utec.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:07 AM
FGC general member

congrats jb another sick mod

Old 07-12-2007, 11:44 AM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by 98intrigue
I want to hear it tomorrow!
Sure thing. I'm planning to be there.

Originally Posted by chobble19
nice! i have been thinking of getting headers myself but im not sure which ones to get?
Yea, I know what you mean. I had planned to get DC Sports and changed my mind at the last minute. The Crawfords are generally recognized as giving the most power, but... they are the most expensive... they are the hardest to put on... and, they generate so much heat that they can boil the clutch fluid.

I'm hoping the Jet-Hot coating will help with the clutch fluid. I suspect that's why Crawford started offering it as an option. Having Lokey install them relieved my mind on the difficult installation part. If anyone can deal with difficult G35 installations, it's Lokey. So, I decided to spend the extra money on the Crawfords.

Originally Posted by w0ady
congrats john! im sure that rev-up engine is loving the mods. cant wait to see what jeremy can get out of it with the utec.
Thanks, Lyndon!

I'm curious to see, too!

Originally Posted by HYDROERIC2003
looks good homie
Thanks! See you tonight?

Originally Posted by pullover20
congrats jb another sick mod
Thanks, Craig!

Old 07-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Now you need one of the stainless clutch lines from Forged Performance with the heat insulation on it.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
John, it was a pleasure to see you yesterday. Thank you for placing your trust in us for your installation needs- the kind words are appreciated and the guys in the shop like seeing posts like this.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Very nice jb! I bet it does sound more aggressive now. It will be interesting to see what the UTEC can get out of these mods now.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Congrats _jb, I know first hand you are going to enjoy them!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crawford Headers Installed!