Jax-Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008 | 08:09 PM
|
Jax-Tuning

Does anyone know of a place that has a dyno and does UTEC tuning in Jax, or is Performance Factory in Orlando the best bet? Thanks!

Tripper

Old 01-02-2008 | 09:23 PM
_jb
Photographer
Premier Member
Originally Posted by trpntj
Does anyone know of a place that has a dyno and does UTEC tuning in Jax, or is Performance Factory in Orlando the best bet? Thanks!

Tripper
I don't know if there are any tuners in Jacksonville, but I know you'll be happy if you drive down to the Performance Factory in Orlando.

Old 01-02-2008 | 09:27 PM
there are a couple places in jax with a dyno. off the top of my head theres stage6, velocity trends, and i believe speedfab in OP has a dyno also.

ive known the guys at stage6 for years and id recommend them to anyone. although, i dont know their tuner well id suggest giving them a call to see if they are familiar with the utec.

Old 01-02-2008 | 10:25 PM
fgc moderator
i really wouldnt recommend anyone here in jax. stage6 overcharges from everything ive seen and the other shops dont seem that great. some of the other guys who've lived here long might know different but performance factory would be your best bet.

Old 01-03-2008 | 12:26 AM
|
Thanks for the info, I've seen Velocity Trends, drive by it everyday, but never stopped. Anyone ever just get a baseline done there? They have a inertia or eddy current?

Tripper

Old 01-03-2008 | 05:52 AM
fgc moderator
Thanks for the info, I've seen Velocity Trends, drive by it everyday, but never stopped. Anyone ever just get a baseline done there? They have a inertia or eddy current?

Tripper
nope sorry. ive dyno'd at performance factory and forged performance only. id rather stick with a shop that knows our cars well.

Old 01-03-2008 | 06:07 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Tripper

I believe it is Eddy current. They have the Dynojet 224x model.

Old 01-03-2008 | 06:08 PM
I know the guys at Stage 6, and know of VT and Speedfab. Speedfab is mainly domestic tuning, though. Honestly, if you do not have FI, you need to stick with a Nissan tuner like Jeremy at PF. Mase (S6) is a great tuner, but not really for the UTEC type tune alone. If you do have turbo/sc, Mase could certainly give you a decent tune, but Jeremy is still more of your "expert" on this platform...

As an aside, just to warn you, I bought a UTEC and had Jeremy tune my car but got no consistent gains. After 5 hours on the dyno, it was pretty frustrating for everyone. My car does have strange a/f issues anyway, but the UTEC with a bunch of NA mods may not produce what you expect it to. This is just a word of warning.

Needless to say, I have no UTEC any more and my pocket is a whole lot lighter from paying for that tune. At least Jeremy has superb customer service, and that will be hard to come by at Stage 6, VT or Speedfab if you don't really know them...

Just my opinions and my $0.02...

Old 01-03-2008 | 11:00 PM
|
I owe a round of drinks...

Again thanks for all the info, had a utec lined up but seller decided to raise price and so it's back again, waiting for Uprev to have an Osiris sale.

Also, thanks for the info on NA and a UTEC, that is helpful. Wanted to option to go FI, but if UTEC does nothing for ya, guess I'll just get one when the time comes.

Cams and Uprev are on deck.

Old 01-04-2008 | 05:47 PM
Again thanks for all the info, had a utec lined up but seller decided to raise price and so it's back again, waiting for Uprev to have an Osiris sale.

Also, thanks for the info on NA and a UTEC, that is helpful. Wanted to option to go FI, but if UTEC does nothing for ya, guess I'll just get one when the time comes.

Cams and Uprev are on deck.
Good luck with whatever you do!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.