Orlando G/Z weekly meet

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Received 354 Likes on 214 Posts
ogc

Old 04-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tng

Old 04-14-2009, 03:25 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by Demonteverde
Firk and Kegler's would be fun as i've never been there but parking all together would be hard as there's never an open spot unless u go there early.
Bad parking =

Originally Posted by Demonteverde
I still would like to plan some time of bbq meet at a park like turkey lake park or wekiva springs park where all the Z's and G's could gather. We had a meet at wekiva springs park a long time ago and it was very fun memorable event (search for the pics on this forum). I would like to repeat that...
Go ahead and set it up Ian! Find out what dates the park has open and let us know (in the BOD forum). We'll try to pick a date that the OZOC and 350Z people can make.

It's been almost 4 years since we had the meet at Wekiva Springs! That was before my '06 projector headlight installation... They were still bright, though... Hahaha... Anyone know who's car is parked next to mine?

That's when Dan used to actually work on people's cars at meets!

Check out the young Ian... That's Todd in the black shirt... He was the first President of the FGC...

Old 04-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
Look at baby ian ! Lol

Old 04-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Banned
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
Classic.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:53 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by CaribbeanBlue
Of course. I certainly don't want to step on anybody's toes as far as the Florida G Club is concerned. I was thinking more specifically us in the Orlando/Central FL area, since JB is in Tampa/St. Pete area... I'm not sure about making a separate group, seeing as I think that may have caused some drama previously with the South FL group?? But I wasn't around back then so I don't really know anything about that. I just was thinking it might be a good idea to get our Orlando people & meets more organized. And I would LOVE to hear input from John, Ian and/or anyone else!
Have you ever looked through the Florida G Club web site? It answers a lot of the questions you all have.

I think part of the problem is that most of you haven't actually joined the FGC. I'm not pointing you out Veronica, your message was just the most convenient one for me to reply to.

Maybe I haven't done enough to encourage new members to join the FGC. In years past, people that came to meets always wanted to join the club and were eager to become members. Nowadays, not so much for some reason.

Check out the Members List on the website. That's how I determine the screen names of members when they post...

Check out the Bylaws section of the web site and you'll see how the club is organized... What makes up the Board of Directors... What the officers roles are... Where the FGC Regional (NFL, CFL, and SFL) boundaries are... What counties fall under which Regions...

When you become a member of the FGC, you get access to a private, Members Only forum area where we usually discuss club business. That is really the correct place to discuss/answer questions like yours... But nothing is really secret.

If you are really interested, check out the FGC Articles of Incorporation on the web site. You can see that we are a legitimate corporation. We have a DBA as the Florida G Club. Most people probably never think of stuff like that, but it is part of what the BOD does.

The FGC currently has five directors on the board... w0ady in the NFL; myself, Daniel, and Ian in the CFL; and Jose in the SFL Region. Any BOD member can create/schedule an event. If you have a good idea for an event in Orlando, let Ian know. Mini meets can be set up in a minutes notice. All-Florida meets are usually scheduled in advance to make sure everyone can attend. As you might expect, we have a separate, private BOD forum where we talk about club business and plan Meets.

Hope this helps...

Old 04-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
also you forgot to mention this jb ! you get a avatar !!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Dan_G
i just came online prior to going to work, ill post some more when i get a chance in a couple of hours. We do need more defined meets, not just piggybacking
Dan's an awesome volleyball player I hear. It might be fun to pit some of us really BAD players up against him so that he can lose his temper and kick sand on someone. lol

And I'm piggybacking I guess since I'm just a boosted MSP owner, not a G owner.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:40 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by HYDROERIC2003
also you forgot to mention this jb ! you get a avatar !!!!
You do not get an avatar by joining the Florida G Club.

You get an avatar when you become a paid Premier Member of G35Driver.com. You (Eric) are a G35Driver Premier Member and also a FGC Member in good standing, so you get both.

There is a big difference between being a Premier Member on the G35Driver web forums and becoming a member of the Florida G Club.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Banned
IM a PROUD FGC Club member!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Dam reminds me i gotta send my membership money to you guys.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by _jb
Have you ever looked through the Florida G Club web site? It answers a lot of the questions you all have.

I think part of the problem is that most of you haven't actually joined the FGC. I'm not pointing you out Veronica, your message was just the most convenient one for me to reply to.

Maybe I haven't done enough to encourage new members to join the FGC. In years past, people that came to meets always wanted to join the club and were eager to become members. Nowadays, not so much for some reason.

Check out the Members List on the website. That's how I determine the screen names of members when they post...

Check out the Bylaws section of the web site and you'll see how the club is organized... What makes up the Board of Directors... What the officers roles are... Where the FGC Regional (NFL, CFL, and SFL) boundaries are... What counties fall under which Regions...

When you become a member of the FGC, you get access to a private, Members Only forum area where we usually discuss club business. That is really the correct place to discuss/answer questions like yours... But nothing is really secret.

If you are really interested, check out the FGC Articles of Incorporation on the web site. You can see that we are a legitimate corporation. We have a DBA as the Florida G Club. Most people probably never think of stuff like that, but it is part of what the BOD does.

The FGC currently has five directors on the board... w0ady in the NFL; myself, Daniel, and Ian in the CFL; and Jose in the SFL Region. Any BOD member can create/schedule an event. If you have a good idea for an event in Orlando, let Ian know. Mini meets can be set up in a minutes notice. All-Florida meets are usually scheduled in advance to make sure everyone can attend. As you might expect, we have a separate, private BOD forum where we talk about club business and plan Meets.

Hope this helps...
Dont forget about the secret handshake!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Kidcane
Dont forget about the secret handshake!
+1 i have not had anyone to do that handshake with in a long time.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:14 AM
Sen
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Very interesting. I was kinda curious about the actual FGC. Seeing as how I've managed to show my way into a handful of meets, etc.

Seems pretty straightforward and beneficial to be a member, besides the fact that it's just nice to be a part of a serious, legit organization.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:26 AM
Banned
Hey Sen it pays off in the end. The money that i have paid for my membership i can honestly say that it has been returned to me over and over again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Orlando G/Z weekly meet