New Speeding fines $1000 for 50mph over posted speed on first offense!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
crazy!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:28 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
^^^^I agree!^^^^
I know nothing about the long stretches of road in Florida but we have the
same thing here in Ca. only the speed limit is raised on the interstates....so
it's possible to drive 5 MPH over and not get cited. You guys in Florida get
away with so many mods that we'd get impounded for....quit complaining!
Gary
so why buy a car possible of 100+ mph? we should all get honda crv's and be happy? sorry i see it as when im sitting around, i get up and stretch my legs. so when im cruising around town, i need to let my car open up sometimes on the highway. this debate can go on and on but to each his own i guess.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:57 AM
<--12 More Years

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by w0ady
oops, was just doing 100-110 in a 55 on the way home. funny thing is i wasnt racing anyone. its just late and the roads are empty so why not.
Yeah happens pretty often, just gotta keep an eye out for the cops more than ever now.

Originally Posted by HYDROERIC2003
i see it like this! rules are made to be broken !
Love that way of thinking!

im sorry but anything 55+ is usually a highway. with the long, boring straights we have in fl its so easy to hit triple digits. now im not saying doing it while theres heavy traffic obviously. i know my cars slow so i dont race people but its sure nice to stretch it out sometimes when the roads are empty. the only person i have to injure is myself.
I agreed, and the speed limits should definitely be raise, those old limits gotta go with the cars now. They can definitely handle greater speeds safely.

Originally Posted by Boston
Thanks for the heads up. Thanks to my two wheeled friends as well.
Yeah they are the ones that started it all, and never pay since they always get away. Well almost always.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:59 PM
so why buy a car possible of 100+ mph? we should all get honda crv's and be happy? sorry i see it as when im sitting around, i get up and stretch my legs. so when im cruising around town, i need to let my car open up sometimes on the highway. this debate can go on and on but to each his own i guess.

My 127hp Civic can break 100mph - as can pretty much any production car today except the Prius.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well

Actually, Hertz gave me a Prius for two weeks while the G was getting fixed from some vandalism, and on my way home one night i pushed it up to 102 and it was smooth... I was still getting 53 mpg.. lol it was crazy

Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
My 127hp Civic can break 100mph - as can pretty much any production car today except the Prius.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by battlebuddyP
Actually, Hertz gave me a Prius for two weeks while the G was getting fixed from some vandalism, and on my way home one night i pushed it up to 102 and it was smooth... I was still getting 53 mpg.. lol it was crazy
no way... I must be thinking of another P.O.S.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
In Texas now anything over 90 and you can't take defensive driving or deferred adjudication. When they raised the speed limit on I-10 out in West Texas to 80mph, the jerks were still driving 100-120.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:35 PM
fgc moderator
my buddy had a crv when they first came out and that thing shook at 70mph. i dont think we ever tried taking it faster for fear of it falling completely apart on the highway.

i guess my whole argument for this is im tired of all the idiots on the road and all the p.o.s. cars. people think of driving as just going place to place but dont realize its a privilege. 1-2 ton pieces of metal are dangerous and need to be respected. the fact that i do my best to be able to handle my car makes me feel like i deserve the right to push it when i want. yea theres the track but you cant do that every day when you feel like it. k just had to vent.

/rant

Old 10-01-2008, 09:44 PM
i guess my whole argument for this is im tired of all the idiots on the road and all the p.o.s. cars. people think of driving as just going place to place but dont realize its a privilege. 1-2 ton pieces of metal are dangerous and need to be respected. the fact that i do my best to be able to handle my car makes me feel like i deserve the right to push it when i want. yea theres the track but you cant do that every day when you feel like it. k just had to vent.

/rant
Completely agree.

I don't think I've broken 50mph over the speed limit since I was 18. I'd consider myself a much better driver than most people on the road (ESPECIALLY in DC!) and don't trust just anyone to speed... That's why I'd be in favor of special licenses that include rigorous tests of driving skill and a higher age limit that allow people to exceed the speed limit by a pre-determined amount. I love driving fast just as much as the next guy.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:49 PM
<--12 More Years

Completely agree.
That's why I'd be in favor of special licenses that include rigorous tests of driving skill and a higher age limit that allow people to exceed the speed limit by a pre-determined amount.
Yep that would be a solution, or open the left lane of the highway to no limit. If you're on that lane then u going fast. If not get out or get a ticket for it.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:33 AM
fgc moderator
all great ideas guys. just sucks we have to deal with the crap. props to you on having better self control than me i guess.

ps i totally did not hit 145 in a 55 construction on the way home.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slightly OT: So I'm driving home last night when this car comes hauling *** around me and then whips in front of me to get on the 417. Naturally, he slows down like an *** to take a curve, meanwhile I just let the G hug it at 65. So now I'm not ON his ***, but closer than I should have been. We get ready to merge onto the 417 and he's not speeding up enough for my liking. For a brief second I think, "This is an unmarked car." But my foot is too heavy so I punch it and start to go around him. He hits his lights. I slow down. He slows down. He rolls down his window. I look over and give him a WTF look. He turns off his lights and drives off. *******!!!

So my question is: has anyone ever called in a cop for driving like a ****bag? Or do I just hope he comes down with the clap?

Old 10-02-2008, 09:55 AM
<--12 More Years

if you call I'm sure they will come out with the good old excuse. I was in a emergency call.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:21 AM
fgc moderator
ya they're not supposed to drive like that without their lights on but it happens. some cops behave and some are power hungry. they're no different from other people. you can try and complain but not sure how much good it will do you.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
^^ +1, my NUMBER ONE PET PEVE! There is not a single cop (save the State Troopers) that drive the speed limit ANYWHERE. I have had them pass me in the "Left Turn ONLY" lane in the middle of town just to turn in a 1/4 mile ahead of me at the Taco Shop....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Speeding fines $1000 for 50mph over posted speed on first offense!