FYI on member dmhg35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Foques
imo, he is doing exactly the right thing.
When you buy your product, you are expected to inspect it.
I know that if mrev would work for my car, I would study it and would know if it is the correct unit by looking at what I have received.
That being said, the other buyer is also at fault if you did provide pictures.
I guess that's where you and I differ. IMO, I did the right thing by standing by a product I sold 4 months ago. If boostwhore would have come back to me a year from now...I would still own up to my mistake. Just because dmhg35 got away with it, doesn't make it right...ethically speaking.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by diesel86
You're right...it was a long time ago. But a fake is a fake is a fake. I guess I was just being optimistic that he might help me out. Plus, what's the time limit for getting ripped off?
yea i totally understand your point, and technically there shouldnt be a time limit

i wish someone here knew this guy cause maybe he is a POS scammer and thought he got away w/ it

maybe you guys can work something out, where he gives you half of the money back

but i dont think this is a clear cut case of a scam, although we've had many in the florida section as of late, which is why everyone is so p!ssed right now

Old 01-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by escobar929
yea i totally understand your point, and technically there shouldnt be a time limit

i wish someone here knew this guy cause maybe he is a POS scammer and thought he got away w/ it

maybe you guys can work something out, where he gives you half of the money back

but i dont think this is a clear cut case of a scam, although we've had many in the florida section as of late, which is why everyone is so p!ssed right now
I guess hard times are affecting everybody. Out here, there aren't many cases of guys getting ripped off by other members...we all tend to know each other. I'm not looking for any money anymore from this guy. The mere fact that we're all talking about this situation is restitution enough for me. I'll just take what I can sell the stock one for, subtract what I paid to dmhg35, and consider it the cost of learning a life lesson. Hopefully, the next time he get's screwed over by someone, he'll think of me and that'll be payback enough.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:15 PM
damn that sucks man. thanks for the warning though

Old 01-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by diesel86
I guess hard times are affecting everybody. Out here, there aren't many cases of guys getting ripped off by other members...we all tend to know each other. I'm not looking for any money anymore from this guy. The mere fact that we're all talking about this situation is restitution enough for me. I'll just take what I can sell the stock one for, subtract what I paid to dmhg35, and consider it the cost of learning a life lesson. Hopefully, the next time he get's screwed over by someone, he'll think of me and that'll be payback enough.
i wish there were more people like you out there, then we wouldnt have to worry bout scammers