FYI on member dmhg35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI on member dmhg35

Hey-

I just wanted to give all of you a heads up on a transaction that has gone south with a local FL member. Last year, I bought an MD 5/16" spacer and an MREV2 from him. I paid him $350 through Paypal and I received both items in a reasonable amount of time. I installed both parts and everything was good. I ended up demodding my G in September and sold all of the parts to members on this forum. Last weekend I get an email from Boostwhore, who bought the MREV2 from, asking me to refund him the $275 he paid me for the plenum. He was in the process of selling the plenum and Tony from Motordyne had noticed that it was a stock lower collector. I explained that I sold it based on the fact the dmhg35 had sold it to me as an MREV2, but that I would refund him his money because it was the right thing to do. I gave him a full refund and he thanked me and that was it. Yesterday, I contacted dmhg35 and explained the situation and requested a refund of $275 from him since he misrepresented the part. He cancelled my request without a reply. I sent him another one and he eventually emailed me back stating that it wasn't his fault and that he wouldn't be refunding any of the money I paid him.

Here's the original marketplace thread... (It has since been censored/edited by the Mod, so most of the detail is missing)

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...so-spacer.html

Anyway, I just wanted to post this so if any of you guys deal with him in the future, be careful.

Also, here is the email thread; if any of you care to read it, it starts at the bottom. Thanks.

Sent: Mon 1/12/09 8:22 PM
To: dmh0788

Ok...so If I bought this Rolex thinking it was real and then sell it to you as real, and turns out to be fake, I'm free and clear and you're the one who's screwed? That's not how people are supposed to handle things. Just do the right thing...that's all I'm asking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:09:54 -0500
To: philipcrank86
Subject: Re: PayPal money request from Philip Crank

um No in your case i sold you the MREV2 that i bought so i havent screwd anyone so i guess i should get what i disserve, your right phillip.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Philip Crank:

Do you? Let me give you an example. Say I sell you a Rolex and tell you that it's authentic. Then, later on, you take it in to a watch shop for a cleaning and they tell you that it's a fake. Wouldn't you want a refund from me?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 2058 -0500

im sorry i cant help you , do realize what your asking

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Philip Crank wrote:

You realize you'll have a chargeback coming your way right?

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 2057 -0500

have a nice evening

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Philip Crank wrote:

That's OK? Wow! People like you get what's coming to them in the end.

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 2053 -0500

thats ok i sold you MREV2 and i am unable to help your situation at this time

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Philip Crank wrote:

I can see how that might have happened, but I refunded the money to the guy who bought it from me...and now it's up to you whether or not you want to make it right on your end.

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 1846 -0500

I had bought that mrev2 from ebay but I bought the kinetix plenum and didn't need that one anymore that was I bought as well so I got screwed then because I had bought it as a MREV2 and I paid the price of an MREV2 noone ever told me any different

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Philip Crank wrote:

David-
I'm completely serious. You sold the plenum to me as an MREV2...meaning that it was modified by Motordyne Engineering. It's not an MREV2 and is just a stock Nissan unit. Tony from Motordyne confirmed it. I can give you his email if you like as he's very familiar with the situation. I didn't have any other problems with the other stuff I bought from you, but I bought that intake specifically because it was supposed to be an MREV2 and it's not.

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 1739 -0500

you are talking about an item that was sold to you more than a year ago and now you want the money back are you being serious that is an merv2 because I bought it and I didn't need it so that's the reason I sold it I bought it myself from ebay.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM, philipcrank86 wrote:

PayPal – The safer, easier way to pay
Use your credit card without exposing your card number to merchants.
Speed through checkout without stopping to enter your card number or address.
Easily send money to family and friends.

Pay Me With PayPal

Dear David Harry,

Philip Crank would like to be paid through PayPal.

Money Request Details

Amount: $275.00 USD

Note: I see you cancelled my request for a refund from the bogus MREV you sold me. I'm just trying save you the hassle of dealing with a chargeback

Last edited by diesel86; 01-13-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow, this situation is pretty screwed up.

i dont know who this guy is but i think you are at fault as much as he is

i mean it happened a year ago. you as a buyer are responsible to check what you got and complain about it w/ in a reasonable time

i mean dont get me wrong, maybe he is trying to screw you but put your self ini his shoes

i would prob act the same way. how does he know you are not trying to rip him off by passing the blame to him (not saying you are) but he doesnt know that

Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Diesel, do you have a link to the original item for sale?

If he represented it as an MREV2 in the ad, then I think he owe you something. But im sure that ***got *** scammer wont give you jack.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by escobar929
wow, this situation is pretty screwed up.

i dont know who this guy is but i think you are at fault as much as he is

i mean it happened a year ago. you as a buyer are responsible to check what you got and complain about it w/ in a reasonable time

i mean dont get me wrong, maybe he is trying to screw you but put your self ini his shoes

i would prob act the same way. how does he know you are not trying to rip him off by passing the blame to him (not saying you are) but he doesnt know that

You're right...it was a long time ago. But a fake is a fake is a fake. I guess I was just being optimistic that he might help me out. Plus, what's the time limit for getting ripped off?

Old 01-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by black_sedan
Hey Diesel, do you have a link to the original item for sale?

If he represented it as an MREV2 in the ad, then I think he owe you something. But im sure that ***got *** scammer wont give you jack.
I bought it off him on eBay and it was a long time ago so the link is gone. I just wanted to inform everybody in the area to be careful.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:54 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
are you sure he didnt buy it thinking it was an mrev2 as well?

Old 01-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
what an as$hole. I'm sorry to hear about that man, people like that get what's coming to them in the end. Karma is a biatch!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the warning.

I had a similar situation with my Ford Lightning. I bought a Livewire tuner from a forum vendor as a "Display unit, but never used" from his shop. Before I even had a chance to tune my truck, I was clipped in the rear corner (by an old hag with no depth perception) on the highway and was spun into a guardrail. Totaled the truck, sold the tuner as a Display Model, and low and behold the guy who purchased it took pictures of it saying it was locked. I refunded his money, and the vendor disappeared with no help to me, so I'm out over $400 with a part I can't do anything with except hold paper on my desk. Expensive paperweight. So I feel for you, but you did the right thing (at least IMHO).

Old 01-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by w0ady
are you sure he didnt buy it thinking it was an mrev2 as well?
No...maybe he was like me and took the guy he bought it from at his word. I'm not saying that he intentionally sold me the wrong plenum, but his attitude when I contacted is what makes me upset. I would have bought it bought it back and gone after the guy I bought it from...kind of like what I'm doing now.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
yet another scammer on this site !

Old 01-13-2009, 11:58 AM
_jb
Photographer

Hard times really brings out the scammers... although this really happened a year ago...

Great way to make money... sell stock lower plenums as MRev2...

Didn't you notice that the plenum didn't have any of the MRev machining?

Old 01-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by _jb
Hard times really brings out the scammers... although this really happened a year ago...

Great way to make money... sell stock lower plenums as MRev2...

Didn't you notice that the plenum didn't have any of the MRev machining?

Nope...and that's my bad. I bought it a couple of months after I first got my coupe and wasn't as saavy about the parts as I am now. I had never seen an actual MREV2 up close so I didn't know what to look for. Plus, there is an added benefit to the stock nov-rev collector in a rev-up motor, so I though everything was cool.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
That sucks! I have been scamed on this site in the past as well and it is not fun. Unfortunately the best was is to always buy from local and/or people they know.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 PM
imo, he is doing exactly the right thing.
When you buy your product, you are expected to inspect it.
I know that if mrev would work for my car, I would study it and would know if it is the correct unit by looking at what I have received.
That being said, the other buyer is also at fault if you did provide pictures.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Philip, it sucks to hear. I do agree with Timmah about just keeping the good finds to locals and those you can trust. I know a number of people who have got ripped off from ebay, craigslist and these crooked sellers always think they can get away with it and often do. I would also add especially if they are out of town and mis-represent a product or deal. It was a poor fight coming back after a year with a request for a refund on it, but if the guy was fair, maybe he could have met you some of the way.
We all have learned from mistakes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FYI on member dmhg35