JAX - hooters lunch meet 2/13

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 11:54 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
ya i had to myspace you because i didnt have my phone either.

but at least we got to go to best buy and hoots yay.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ all in all a successful day.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JLai
I wish I was. All three cars some piece of paper where the tags go for a luxury rental company called Driveline.
Hey guys... sorry i had to Chime in on this post.

Those cars were NOT rentals. Actually, if you did any research you would know that that place sells high-end cars and they were OWNED by the owner of the shop. Also, the automotive addicts meet is formally known as "cars and coffee" and we have had successful meets over the past year and a half with over 200 cars showing at some of our meets.

You all are more than welcome to come by and not just assume and spread false rumors on what is really happening at the events that we put on.

Hopefully you all can join in our on meet. We really do not want you all spreading the rumor that we have car rentals showing up at our meets... I mean really... thats just ahhh STUPID. We pride in the meet that we put on every second Saturday of the month now at wild wing cafe. Please do not take this the wrong way... i am not getting on anyone's case.. you are free to say what you want in any case. Please put our event on your calendar and bring your G35's G37's etc. up to the meet and not just pass by.

All the updated info on the meet can be found at: http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/aut...ddicts-meeting

Old 02-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by w0ady
rentals? you're kidding right. jax is such a letdown.

my fav was the s2k with the blue wrap.
And i have to agree, at times Jax is a let down when it comes to getting some really nice cars at local meets and shows. Maybe you guys can help with this by spreading the word on upcoming events.

We would really like for the G35 club/group to come out atleast to our meets.

We will be doing a few new things with the meets and hopefully you all can be a part in it and represent your own club and/or cars.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by m3malcolm
Hey guys... sorry i had to Chime in on this post.

Those cars were NOT rentals. Actually, if you did any research you would know that that place sells high-end cars and they were OWNED by the owner of the shop. Also, the automotive addicts meet is formally known as "cars and coffee" and we have had successful meets over the past year and a half with over 200 cars showing at some of our meets.

You all are more than welcome to come by and not just assume and spread false rumors on what is really happening at the events that we put on.

Hopefully you all can join in our on meet. We really do not want you all spreading the rumor that we have car rentals showing up at our meets... I mean really... thats just ahhh STUPID. We pride in the meet that we put on every second Saturday of the month now at wild wing cafe. Please do not take this the wrong way... i am not getting on anyone's case.. you are free to say what you want in any case. Please put our event on your calendar and bring your G35's G37's etc. up to the meet and not just pass by.

All the updated info on the meet can be found at: http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/aut...ddicts-meeting
You're right. After Googling, Driveline sells cars instead of renting them. The cars still did not belong to every driver, but rather they were owned by the dealership. I knew something was up when the driver of the 360 didn't know how to back up "his" car and had someone else do it, haha...So thanks for that slight correction. Wouldn't want such a grievous "false rumor" be spread that Driveline was just a rental company.

Hopefully more private owners with modded exotics will show up next meet.

Last edited by JLai; 02-28-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:32 PM
You're right. After Googling, Driveline sells cars instead of renting them. The cars still did not belong to every driver, but rather they were owned by the dealership. I knew something was up when the driver of the 360 didn't know how to back up "his" car and had someone else do it, haha...So thanks for that slight correction. Wouldn't want such a grievous "false rumor" be spread that Driveline was just a rental company.

Hopefully more private owners with modded exotics will show up next meet.
HAHA... sarcasm is noted. Just thought I would clear up that small, as you call it, "grievous false rumor".

Regardless of who owned those particular cars... the event is open for anyone to stop by, even dealerships. Not trying to cause any disruption here guy. Wouldn't want anyone else to think you didn't own your G37. But whatever, its cool if you help spread the word on our meet and if not.. its cool.

Take it easy. Peace!

Old 02-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Oh... you all should check on some of the images from one of our meets when the weather was good... http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/602...ugust-8th-2009

and

http://saoudrana.com/aa/index.html

We had over 200 cars at this one.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by m3malcolm
HAHA... sarcasm is noted. Just thought I would clear up that small, as you call it, "grievous false rumor".

Regardless of who owned those particular cars... the event is open for anyone to stop by, even dealerships. Not trying to cause any disruption here guy. Wouldn't want anyone else to think you didn't own your G37. But whatever, its cool if you help spread the word on our meet and if not.. its cool.

Take it easy. Peace!
Its all good. Just giving you a hard time.

I was just expecting enthusiasts/owners rather than dealership cars after all the hype I've heard. Maybe the disappointment in turnout was a result of the weather. Guess its nice to see cars either way. So thanks for organizing.

For the record, I paid for my G37 in full at pickup.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Its all good. Just giving you a hard time.

I was just expecting enthusiasts/owners rather than dealership cars after all the hype I've heard. Maybe the disappointment in turnout was a result of the weather. Guess its nice to see cars either way. So thanks for organizing.

For the record, I paid for my G37 in full at pickup.
Its all good bro. Tell ya what... bring your G37 to the next event on March 13th and I will buy you a drink. I will have to introduce you to some guys that "own" some pretty nice cars here in Jax. Make sure you bring some friends with you.

Have a good one.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:53 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
glad you 2 could work things out.

i guess im just spoiled by all the orlando and cali meets. nice that you guys do this every month. i know from personal experience, organizing meets in north fl can be a thankless deal.