Florida G35 Club T-Shirt Design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 07:01 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds good to me...then i could remove "A Not For Profit Corporation" from the website...right???

BTW, i like the first shirt Not just to be different from Todd but I just think the shirt looks better...it lays out better...besides other than us no one will know they are "ranked" just my opinion but they all look good so i wont throw a hissy fit if i dont get my way

Old 01-18-2005, 07:12 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Yes, we do not have to stick "Corporation, not for profit" on the title. It should be somewhere on the website, such as the privacy clause. We would, however, have to use the legal name, which would be "Florida G35 Club, Inc." We could get away with not using the "Inc." if we register the ficticious name "Florida G35 Club", that way, we have put the public at notice that "Florida G35 Club" is a business name of "Florida G35 Club, Inc.". See...easily explained

Old 01-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by dabomb
sounds good to me...then i could remove "A Not For Profit Corporation" from the website...right???

BTW, i like the first shirt Not just to be different from Todd but I just think the shirt looks better...it lays out better...besides other than us no one will know they are "ranked" just my opinion but they all look good so i wont throw a hissy fit if i dont get my way
The first one has the KP Tech logo too squished. So I vote the second layout!

Old 01-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I actually made those three mock up designs for the rear of the shirt. If any of the logos look distorted, its my doing. They will not look like that on the shirt. I will try to make revised pictures of the 1st and 2nd images with less distortion and I will fix the 2nd image's logo order. The only thing I worry about the 2nd choice is that it may go to long height wise for the back of the shirt and Zaino logo may be too far down. Let me play around with it again. I will repost them later tonight.

Where would/shoud I put the "A Not For Profit Corporation" on the rear? Below everything in small print or under the Florida outline? We will also have this in the front of the t-shirt under the car outline, right?

Last edited by Demonteverde; 01-18-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Ian, I do not think we need those words on it. We will have to have our legal name on it, unless we plan on registering a ficticious name. But either way, we are not forced to say, "not for profit corporation"

Old 01-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by g8tor20
Ian, I do not think we need those words on it. We will have to have our legal name on it, unless we plan on registering a ficticious name. But either way, we are not forced to say, "not for profit corporation"
I think our legal name may end up being "Florida G35 "Car" Club" and I'll just remove the name 'Car' from everything we do. Does that fit the bill Jason?

BTW, I need to talk to you. I'll try calling you tomorrow around 4pm-ish.

Old 01-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Our legal name must have corp or Inc.

If we transact any business in this state, we must use our legal name so as to inform the public that we are an entity. The way of getting around using our legal name on anything we do that is considered transacting business, we could use a ficticious name, which would be registered as our legal name except without the Inc.

Unfortunatley, a T-Shirt would be considered as doing business as its a form of advertising. You must put the public on notice of what "Florida G35 club" is. They could look it up and figure out it belongs to "Florida G35 Club Inc." or whatever.

This is directly from the Secretary of State's website:

Fictitious names are registered for "public notice" purposes to insure the public will know "who" they are doing business with. Example: "Carol's Garden Shop, Inc." Is a corporate legal name not a fictitious name. "Carol's Garden Shop" (not on file as a corporation) is a fictitious name and would require registration with the Division of Corporations.

Also...what is the name going to be?

"Florida G35 Car Club, Inc." or "Florida G35 Club, Inc."

Old 01-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Florida G35 Club, Inc.

I was trying to get around having the "inc" in the name on the T-shirts. Looks like finiti, dabomb and Ian have a little more editing to do with the t-shirts then.

To be completely clear...

What MUST be on the t-shirts?

What is the advantage of having a ficticious name?

If I have a ficticious name can I use that name on the t-shirts?

Old 01-18-2005, 09:12 PM
Since our corporation will be transcting business using the T-shirt, we must use our legal name (which would include the Inc.)

Technically, you can use anything you want on the T-shirt -- like "Neff's Awesome Club", but if you use anything other than our legal name (with the Inc.), you have to register it as a ficticious name so as to let the public know that "Neff's Awesome Club" is actually used by the entity "Florida G35 Club, Inc."

You ask what MUST be on the T-shirt....the only thing that has to be on it is our legal name or a registered ficticious name. Everything else is up to you.

Advantage of a ficticious name is that you can use that ficticious name on anything we do. The public is on notice that that particular name is used by us. Even if we register a ficticious name, its not actually owned by us. There are no ownership rights in a fictitious name and the name is not protected against use by anyone else.

Yes, whatever name you register as a ficticious name, you can use that on anything, including anything that involves transacting business, such as advertising.

Jason

Old 01-18-2005, 09:22 PM
SO... would a 501c7 be considered as "inc" or "corp"?

For the sake of keeping it cheap and simple, let's just stick with one legal name (unless others can give me good reasons why we should have a fic name).

I guess it will be "Florida G35 Club, Inc." right? From there if we abbreviate the club to FGC do we have to register FGC as a ficticious name?

Old 01-18-2005, 09:45 PM
If you do any sort of business usng FGC, then yes, you will have to register it. You just can't use FGC and expect people to know who it belongs to. Unless the advertisment says Florida G35 Club, Inc. somewhere on it, then no ficticious name necessary if you use FGC as the title. But if you don't have Florida G35 Club, Inc. on the shirt, then you will have to register whatever name you do use.

It doesn't matter which one you use. You can use "Corporation", "Corp.", "Incorporation", or "Inc." You cannot use company or co.

We will always have one "legal" name. That name will be whatever we register the corporation with. I assume it will be "Florida G35 Club, Inc."

A ficticious name is not a "legal" name of a business...just a name which is used by a "legal" corporation. It may be easier to explain over da phone tomorrow.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by g8tor20
If you do any sort of business usng FGC, then yes, you will have to register it. You just can't use FGC and expect people to know who it belongs to. Unless the advertisment says Florida G35 Club, Inc. somewhere on it, then no ficticious name necessary if you use FGC as the title. But if you don't have Florida G35 Club, Inc. on the shirt, then you will have to register whatever name you do use.

It doesn't matter which one you use. You can use "Corporation", "Corp.", "Incorporation", or "Inc." You cannot use company or co.

We will always have one "legal" name. That name will be whatever we register the corporation with. I assume it will be "Florida G35 Club, Inc."

A ficticious name is not a "legal" name of a business...just a name which is used by a "legal" corporation. It may be easier to explain over da phone tomorrow.
I think I've got it now.

Ian, Wes, "teddie" (sounds so kinky) why don't you guys/gals add the "Inc." after the club logo on the front pocket portion of the t-shirt when you get a chance. Maybe have the Inc. in smaller text so that it's not so apparent, yet it's still there.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
don't mean to complicate things, & i could be wrong, but i don't think you can even incorporate under anything except your personal name (i.e. John Smith) without a fic name being registered first. I think that the fic name document number or a copy of the registration has to be sent in with the corp paperwork. The last corp i set up was 9 years ago, & it was for profit, so things may be different now.

Registration of the fic name does give you a certain privileges with the name, at least on a statewide basis. (Maybe "ownership" was the wrong term to use). You are correct, it will not guarantee that you have 100% exclusive rights to use that name anywhere, however, another entity in FL would not be able to register it and consequently operate a FL business under it, once you do.

To deposit check payments to a business account, made payable to the ficticious name, the name will have to be registered. For example without a fic name registration, you would not be able to deposit a check made payable to "Florida G Club" into a business account. (You may have allready found this out if you tried to open a bus banking account under another name.)

Also a business liscense, which is required by the state for business operation, can only be obtained under the fic name with the fic name registration. Again, if you want a business lisc under anything other than "John Smith" you will need a registered fic name to get it.

There are a few other things like this that the registration of the fic name will allow, and that in essence would stop someone without the registered name from doing business, but i can't think of them all right now.

Last edited by redwillow; 01-18-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:36 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD
I'd rather make "Florida G35 Club" a fictious name for "Florida G35 Club, Inc." and then we dont have to change anything and it looks and sounds SOO much better....no go?!?!

and to clarify for the 14th time Jason..."Corp, not for profit" does NOT need to be on the shirts????

Old 01-18-2005, 11:47 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by neffster
Ian, Wes, "teddie" (sounds so kinky) why don't you guys/gals add the "Inc." after the club logo on the front pocket portion of the t-shirt when you get a chance. Maybe have the Inc. in smaller text so that it's not so apparent, yet it's still there.
So should we change anything? I like "Florida G35 Club" as a fictitious name better as well.

And you're calling my name kinky? Too bad cause it's the only name I go by

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Florida G35 Club T-Shirt Design