Awesome December Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
G37 and G35 in French rap video trailer. The G37 is PJ from "that other site"

The following 2 users liked this post by Kidcane:
iamericgee (12-02-2011), ishiftinheels (12-02-2011)
Old 12-02-2011, 03:32 PM
wtf? Why wont the video embed?

Old 12-02-2011, 03:33 PM
NM, figured it out. Why does this site function different then Myg37 when it is the same platform and same owners?

Old 12-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.BalloonHands
putting them on a 240?
No my g. I want them to be a bit more aggressive.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SN00P
yupp got it all,, i dont really need the remote cause i have a sedan and the back seats fold and i can reach the coil from there .

where do you live at florida lol jk make sure you get the right plenum spacers cause they sell some for cars in cold temps

Ya i been hearing about some people that had the ISO thermal plenum spacer and kept getting service engine lights and lots of noises keeping in mind that it gets like 10 below 0 everynight here now so hopefully i get it during christmas and il wait till summer to get it all installed properly

Old 12-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
G37 and G35 in French rap video trailer. The G37 is PJ from "that other site"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2dEr...layer_embedded
pretty sick where is the rest of the video at?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Sen
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by blackgdurtyfive
Ya i been hearing about some people that had the ISO thermal plenum spacer and kept getting service engine lights and lots of noises keeping in mind that it gets like 10 below 0 everynight here now so hopefully i get it during christmas and il wait till summer to get it all installed properly
From what I remember, the ISO thermal spacer itself shouldn't cause any problems.

It's the coolant valve that would cause a problem. I think it's a valve that you install, and it would allow you to close that coolant hose since it's not needed unless it's cold. So during the winter, in Ontario, I would think you'd just need to keep the CCV (coolant control valve) open to keep the throttle body warm.

As for the spacer itself, it and all of it's hardware are supposed to be better at isolating the heat to keep the plenum cool. Don't think that causes problems in cold weather compared to the throttle body heater thing.

Noises and service engine lights are probably more likely from improper installation (vacuum hoses, leaks, etc).

Old 12-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Sen
Originally Posted by Sen
From what I remember, the ISO thermal spacer itself shouldn't cause any problems.

It's the coolant valve that would cause a problem. I think it's a valve that you install, and it would allow you to close that coolant hose since it's not needed unless it's cold. So during the winter, in Ontario, I would think you'd just need to keep the CCV (coolant control valve) open to keep the throttle body warm.

As for the spacer itself, it and all of it's hardware are supposed to be better at isolating the heat to keep the plenum cool. Don't think that causes problems in cold weather compared to the throttle body heater thing.

Noises and service engine lights are probably more likely from improper installation (vacuum hoses, leaks, etc).

I looked at the MD stuff again, and I was wrong about the throttle body comments...

The CCV is for stopping the coolant from keeping the plenum itself warm. So for you, either don't install it, or keep it open during the winter. This is from the MD website.

2) The second component is the throttle body Coolant Control Valve (CCV). The CCV allows you to selectively heat (or not heat) the plenum assembly. With local weather temperatures below 55'F the valve is left open. In warmer weather the valve can be closed for maximum thermal benefits.
But MD also sells a throttle body heater as part of one of the plenum spacer kits

4) The fourth thermal management component is the Copper Throttle Body heater. Copper Iso Thermal is a premium set and forget component that can be used in place of the Coolant Control Valve (CCV). It doesn't matter how hot or cold the weather is, you don't have to adjust a valve based on the season or ambient temperatures. Install it and the throttle body remains heated while the plenum continues to remain thermally isolated. Keeping the throttle body heated prevents ice formation on the throttle body butterfly valve when driving in cold weather. If it snows or gets really cold in your area, use the Copper Iso Thermal so your engine can take full advantage of the cold air you are driving in.
Lol, I feel like an MD salesperson. I read up on all this stuff right before I bought an Mrev2 and iso spacer kit. But ended up parting out when I thought I was gonna sell the car.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Sen
Cars in that video look pretty sick.

Can anyone name those rims? lol

Old 12-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Banned
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
Yo what rear bumper for the G35 shows rear exuast on our cars the best?

Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Sen
Originally Posted by Evil Wayzz
Yo what rear bumper for the G35 shows rear exuast on our cars the best?
Stock, baby

Old 12-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Track guys, is there any paperwork or a license i need to get to start tracking my car? any other general info is welcome.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:18 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^Have you been to an AutoCross yet?

Old 12-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Sen
Cars in that video look pretty sick.

Can anyone name those rims? lol
Vossen and Stasse Forged

Old 12-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Someone hit my front bumper last night at the fights. Put a big scuff mark right in the middle. Should buff out though. Plus I got a new front on order.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Awesome December Thread