FGC Fort Desoto MEGA MEET 2012 ~ Sunday, March 25th ~ OFFICIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Teh Redhead Moderator

Received 242 Likes on 174 Posts
Sorry I'm late in posting this... had to recover from the flu...

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all of you who came out to support the Florida G Club. We directors worked REALLY hard (probably more effort than you guys think) to make this happen for everyone, so I really appreciate everyone who made an effort, came out, supported the club, and enjoyed themselves, the food, and the cars.

And of course I waned to say a BIG THANK YOU to Chris and Ian for their help with making our meet a successful one. Thank you to Danny at Slammered and the guys at Lutz Performance for coming out. Also thank you to Z1 Motorsports, S&R Performance, Advance Performance, B2Auto, and Prosport for our raffle items! And of course, thanks to all of our friends, old and new, who came out to support the Florida G Club. Can you believe we ran out of food after 60 burgers and 48 hot dogs?! Thanks again & hope to see even MORE faces at our next big event!

Originally Posted by SoFresHSoCleaN
Excellent Meet everyone, and a special thanks to Chris, Veronica and Ian for making it happen!!!
Thank you It was nice to meet you!

Originally Posted by mycoolg
Great meet! This club would not be what it is if it wasn't for Ian, V, Chris and the rest of the of the Fgc directors. You guys show true detacation to your club and we all appreciate you guys for it. Thanks again
-Anthony
Awww Thank you Anthony.

Originally Posted by Sparda1123
Great meet with great people! Hope to do it again soon! Thanks V, Ian, and Chris for making it happen! Also the I4 madness was a little crazy but good times I haven't drove that aggressive in a long time.
Thank you The caravan was fun, I'm glad that I caught up with Edgar and then with the rest of you. It turned a boring 2 hour drive into a fun one

Originally Posted by Sparda1123
LOL i think today was the first time in like a year i left my car in drive and let it shift below 3000rpm. I felt guilty for beating on her all day yesterday. Out of curiosity what do i get once my FGC and premier membership takes effect?
I'll shoot Ian a text - we need to get you your Premier as well as entrance into the Members Only forum. Thanks again for your membership!!

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Glad everything went well. Sorry I could not hang around to see most of you. Who won what? Post pics!!
Sorry I missed you Chad. I was supposed to be there around 9am with Ian, but I came down with the flu and barely made it there at all. Got there at 1pm.

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Nice pics. So who won what in the raffle and car show?
I won the alignment! I was pretty happy because I just got new rear tires on the g35 the day before and it needs an alignment BADLY. Only thing is that I have to drive down to Tampa for the alignment lol.

Originally Posted by AJY
I kinda won most stock because the stock guy beside me left and we were similar colors. So Chris / Snoop gave it to me. Everyone was like just take it but if that guy pops up on here I feel it was rightfully his.
Oh that was YOU! The other guy, to my knowledge, did not enter the show. So you rightfully won.

Originally Posted by Jhambor
It was a fun meet, but I have two recommendations for the next event/show: 1.Block off a good size section of parking lot/space for only cars involved in meet allowing for everyone to be in a more condensed space instead of kinda all over the place. Would allow for better pictures and people to mingle more. 2. A DJ or atleast loudspeaker and someone with a big mouth would have been really helpful for announcing things such as food being served, raffle taking place, trophy ceremony, etc.....instead of people having to kinda guess. Other than that...it was cool!
Thanks for your recommendations. As I mentioned above, I was planning on getting there at 9am but I was extremely ill. If I had been there when I had hoped, the parking definitely would have been under a little more control. And yes you can blame Ricky for the DJ, haha, but fortunately Eric brought a music player so props to Eric for saving the day music-wise!

The following users liked this post:
AJY (03-28-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Teh Redhead Moderator

For those of you that were at the meet who I'm not yet friends with on facebook, please add me! (I hope that link works)

Old 03-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Teh Redhead Moderator

By the way, I ment to thank whoever paid for my entrance to the park.... Whoever you are, thank you!

Old 03-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by ishiftinheels
By the way, I ment to thank whoever paid for my entrance to the park.... Whoever you are, thank you!
Do you remember who was in front of you at the entry

Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Teh Redhead Moderator

Originally Posted by mycoolg
Do you remember who was in front of you at the entry
like all EIGHT of you!

Thank you, Anthony! You're so considerate. Wish there were more chivalrous men like you out there

Old 03-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Lol I gave them a ten and they were takin forever with the change and I need to hurry because there was no oncoming traffic so I could get over the speed bump

Old 03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Teh Redhead Moderator

Ohhhhh well in that case I take back my previous statement

Old 03-28-2012, 04:36 PM
AJY
Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
To be honest Idk if I entered or not because I handed my gf the money and was like go buy pay for everything. So if he chimes in and says he paid then that means I didn't and I will ship the trophy (or drive it over) to him. Otherwise Yeah Buddy who else has something shiny over their washer?

Old 03-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts
The gate guy tried to get me to drive thru the dirt path. I looked at him like he was on crack.

AJY: I got best engine bay and best overall. Danny (A4 dropped, inCurve rims, shaved trunk, candy red tails, gloss black painted roof, headlights, mirrors, accents) got best non-Infiniti and farthest distance

Old 03-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
My brother in-law won the B2 Hood struts which he gave to me

Old 03-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by ishiftinheels
Ohhhhh well in that case I take back my previous statement
LOL!

Originally Posted by ConradoR
The gate guy tried to get me to drive thru the dirt path. I looked at him like he was on crack.
Wrd! He tried me with that too. Smh

Old 03-28-2012, 05:21 PM
AJY
Originally Posted by ConradoR

AJY: I got best engine bay and best overall. Danny (A4 dropped, inCurve rims, shaved trunk, candy red tails, gloss black painted roof, headlights, mirrors, accents) got best non-Infiniti and farthest distance
I knew Danny got those congrats on yours that is a sweet G.
I just wonder how he explained the rear fenders to the wifey

Old 03-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Ajy. V is right i never paid to enter the show portion bcuz i wanted to win the lugs or the ramps but didnt win either .lol
nice sedan by the way .

AJY (03-29-2012)
Old 03-29-2012, 07:07 PM
AJY
Ok well then I will proudly rock it. And thanks man

Old 03-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Sen
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow, looks like a great meet. Great Job FGC directors!

I see Fundora was taking pics, what kinda car did he end up getting, anyways?

ishiftinheels (03-30-2012)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FGC Fort Desoto MEGA MEET 2012 ~ Sunday, March 25th ~ OFFICIAL THREAD