Now it might be totaled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now it might be totaled

Last week i had a problem because i needed a place to get my front bumper fixed because its fiberglass and i cracked it, well last night i wrapped it around a telephone pole. I need to get it towed to the best body shop in the Orlando area, not really the cheapest, insurance is paying if my car is even fixable but i have no idea where to go. Please if anyone knows anywhere around here to go let me know. I'm trying to get it there today...thanx

Old 02-26-2005, 10:05 AM
I know you guys told me all fleet to fix my cracked bumper and he did josh's really well but my car has a lot of front end damage and i want it to drive the same if its not totaled...do you think all fleet is good enough, honestly, the shop looks like whole in the wall which is good for mods but not for big jobs, it doesn't look like they have the proper equipment but then again ......i'm no body shop guy.

Old 02-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Sorry to hear about your G! Unfortunately I don't know about shops in the Orlando area, but I would think an Infiniti dealer would do the best job. By the way, don't rush into fixing it b/c the repair shop and the insurance company don't talk to each other much early on. I had the same senario with a Mustang and the dealer fixed it pretty quick. After 90% of the repair work was done, the insurance company called to tell me the car was TOTALLED. I got stuck with the car b/c it had already been fixed. I could never get the insurance company to admit that the car had been declared totaled. Good luck.

Old 02-26-2005, 11:38 AM
I heard that Daya's Custom Autos is a great shop, anyone use them....

My last question is that i cracked the telephone pole and the cop said its $5000 are they definitely gonna charge me, and if so how. Do i just get a bill in the mail from Florida power and lighting?

Old 02-26-2005, 02:12 PM
I'd bet you 2 to 1 odds that your insurance company will NOT cover Daya's repair costs. You'll end up paying out of pocket for the repairs.

Can't speak for the quality of their work, but their shop is REALLY NICE. Marble floors, walls and reception desks, water fountains and water falls in the main lobby, large clean rooms, etc... FYI... Daya quoted me $450 minimum to shave my 2 rear fenders when All Fleet charged $210 and did an excellent job. You do get a feeling of arrogance and I felt looked down upon for only having a G35 and not a Porsche TT or a Ferrari.

Pimpinpearls car was messed up pretty badly and he seems to be happy with Richard's work. You should probably give him a call. If you really want to have your car totaled, maybe Daya's would be the place because those guys initially told me ~$5000 to fix my 2 rear fenders (remove and replace) but I talked them into just fixing the uneven fender shave job.

Old 02-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
If you would not refer to All Fleet as a whole in the wall, that would be great. If you tell Richard about the ordeal and that you either want it to be totaled or whatever, he will help you out price wise. He wasn't entusuastic about painting your car anyway, beacuse its IVory PEarl, and it is basically impossible to match. There is no harm getting a couple estimates.

Old 02-27-2005, 09:14 PM
i completely apologize for calling it a whole in the wall, He painted Josh's car really nice, i saw his front bumper there when i went for an estimate and he did give me an amazing price and was a really nice guy, but i'm from new york and i'm used to body shops having a lot of equipment, not that i'm a body shop guy, but i don't recall the machinery being in his shop. I;m really crazy about my car as all of us on this forum are and my car needs serious help and looks like it will take pretty advanced machinery if it will every drive again. Sorry to all those i affended.

Anyone know about the telephone pole question i had?

for the record richard's paint work looked amazing-- the pearl matched great and its a really hard car to match, takes some skill....i will definitely use him for all smaller repairs in the future but i just couldn't picture him fixing my mess this time.