Ready for Another Big SOUTH FLORIDA Meet? April 16 @ Tropical Park

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 04:22 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another thing, we still have to figure out what we're missing for the BBQ. Who's going to be the chef this time? We still need the following:

Charcoal/lighter fluid
Napkins, plates, cups, utensils
Condiments..

Any volunteers?

Old 04-10-2005, 11:15 PM
CtK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok this may be a stupid question but where in Tropical Park will the meet be??
its a pretty big park

Old 04-11-2005, 12:53 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by CtK
ok this may be a stupid question but where in Tropical Park will the meet be??
its a pretty big park
Somewhere easily seen from the street. MIA_G35 went to look for a spot a while ago and this is his post in the BOD forum:

"I found a nice spot right by the entrance. There is a large paved parking area and we can park in a location which is right by a grill. I can plan to get there early to reserve the grill, and I can talk to the park about reserving a parking area so we can all be in the same area."

Old 04-11-2005, 09:05 AM
CtK
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Somewhere easily seen from the street. MIA_G35 went to look for a spot a while ago and this is his post in the BOD forum:

"I found a nice spot right by the entrance. There is a large paved parking area and we can park in a location which is right by a grill. I can plan to get there early to reserve the grill, and I can talk to the park about reserving a parking area so we can all be in the same area."
the entrance on Bird Road or Miller Road??

i know the entrance on Bird Road has a couple of places to BBQ and have pavillions(its behind the baseball field) so we wont get burned by the sun, but they are usually taken by 1pm so better reserve or get there early.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:22 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Bird Road. I hope MIA_G35 will be able to get the spot for us. I'd get there early but I'll be in the Broward/ Boca caravan, not sure yet.

Old 04-11-2005, 11:31 AM
I am proud to break it to you guys now that it's official: I have extended an invitation to the April 16th meet to to the South Florida Z Car Club, so it will be a joint meet between the FGC SFL chapter and the SFZCC. I have spoken to Gus, their club VP, and the idea was received quite well by their members. So we will have a few Zs joining us as well for the BBQ and helping out with the food. I've always been fond of the idea of a G/Z meet and I'm glad that now it has become a reality. The Z club has been around for a while and they seem like a really friendly bunch, so I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun together on Saturday.

Any thoughts/feedback?
The more the better...especially since the 350z almost the same car. I will make sure I bring extra meat/chicken so everyone gets some.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Banned
Another thing, we still have to figure out what we're missing for the BBQ. Who's going to be the chef this time? We still need the following:

Charcoal/lighter fluid
Napkins, plates, cups, utensils
Condiments..

Any volunteers?

ill get some charcol and lighter fluid....i dont really want to cook, but i will if no one else does

Old 04-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Anyone heading over from the east coast ie Marco, Naples, Ft. Myers? I might be heading over in a Z.

Chris

Old 04-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NA&CH
Anyone heading over from the east coast ie Marco, Naples, Ft. Myers? I might be heading over in a Z.

Chris
you can always meet up w/ us in hollywood for the caravan to tropical park

Old 04-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Hey fellas, I just did my Double DIN audio conversion so you guys will be able to see how it turned out

Old 04-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by tgenius
Hey fellas, I just did my Double DIN audio conversion so you guys will be able to see how it turned out
Congrats...I will get all the details at the meet. Unfotunately I have this bad feeling my car won't be done in time for the meet. The car has been sitting in the shop for 2.5 weeks and TT kit has not arrived yet......arghhh! The vortech came off last week.

Old 04-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^ that sux bro, i was really hoping to check out your car, but there is always the june meet

Old 04-12-2005, 03:59 AM
Originally Posted by Gman2004
Congrats...I will get all the details at the meet. Unfotunately I have this bad feeling my car won't be done in time for the meet. The car has been sitting in the shop for 2.5 weeks and TT kit has not arrived yet......arghhh! The vortech came off last week.
Hey I am a newbie to this site wanna say hi first second just wanted to ask Gman why did you take off the vortech? once again hello everyone.

Old 04-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Hey guys i seem to have a little problem, the meet falls on the same day as my FIU open house. Im not sure if im going to be able to make it, if anything i will be a little late.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Directions To Tropical Park

Ok, here are your directions for the meet:

From the North via I-95: Take I-95 South to 836 West. Take 836 West to 826 South. Exit on Bird Road (SW 40th Street) and go West (Right). Turn left at the second traffic light which will bring you into Tropical Park.

From the North via Turnpike: Take Turnpike South to 836 East. Take 836 East to 826 South. Exit on Bird Road (SW 40th Street) and go West (Right). Turn left at the second traffic light which will bring you into Tropical Park.

From the South: Take 826 North. Exit on Bird Road (SW 40th Street) and go West (Left). Turn left at the second traffic light which will bring you into Tropical Park.

When you enter the park's Bird Road entrance there are 2 large paved parking areas on the right. Our best bet is to set up in the 2nd parking area near the baseball field. I will try to get there early to reserve a BBQ and table. Here are is map just in case you need it.

Attached Thumbnails Ready for Another Big SOUTH FLORIDA Meet? April 16 @ Tropical Park-tropical-park-map.gif  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ready for Another Big SOUTH FLORIDA Meet? April 16 @ Tropical Park