Got my G tinted... Creative Carz is awesome!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Dexter does amazing work....bottom line!

Old 08-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm in the area for the time being and just got it tinted there today, he's cool. Took about an hour. Nice job.

Old 08-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know how much he'd charge
to remove an existing crappy tint job and doing a good one? Just curious, thanks.

I might be moving to the Orlando, FL in the near future that's why I am asking.

Last edited by G Vice; 08-25-2005 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G Vice
Anyone know how much he'd charge
to remove an existing crappy tint job and doing a good one? Just curious, thanks.

I might be moving to the Orlando, FL in the near future that's why I am asking.
Yeah I know how much he would charge . It would be $50 for the removal and $100 and up depending on if your a club member and the type of tint you choose. So your looking at $150 and up.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Who would you guys recommend to tint in Tampa? I a also considering the clear bra and am willing to give my biznez to one shop or two. Bottom line is I want it done properly.

The rear window is a big issue for me; tint jobs in past vehicles I have always had a proble with the way the tintseals around the defrost/ant ribs. Theyhave alwayshad this dazzle/starring effect on the headlights.

So if you know someone that will take their time and do the job well please post or pm me their contact info.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:16 PM
To Dexter

Comment by Neffster....

"Sorry bro, but you can't come into 'our' club forum as a NON CLUB MEMBER and say anything bad about our sponsors without first having tried to work the issue with them. After that it is your duty to contact ME and explain your side of the story. I will get involved and try to help you out (if you're a club member) because I have a duty to do so. My primary duty belongs to the FGC members and secondly (and a very close second at that) I have a duty to support/defend our club sponsors."

I hope you understand and will talk with Dexter and/or myself personally before posting something like this in the future. Dexter is a great guy and would do almost ANYTHING to make you happy. It's up to you to be cordial and give him the chance.

BTW, if this comes off as harsh or crass you'll have to forgive me. I just burried my grandmother today and am not thinking as clearly as I normally might.

Last edited by neffster; 08-31-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:34 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Just $.02 from a fellow club sponsor and service provider....

If someone has an issue with a product or service, especially from a business that supports YOUR club, I think the respectful thing to do would be to contact the business personally. Posting a complaint or concern on a public forum might be the knee-jerk thing to do, but is not fair to the business. I've seen quite a bit of this lately, and I am sure that not all of it is done out of ill will. However, I cannot help but think that some of it is done without the best intentions. In today's consumer market, unfortunately there is a certain segment of the population that believes that you've got to "go for the throat" right out of the gate to resolve a problem with a business. The truth is, because of competition most well-run businesses these days strive for customer satisfaction and might not take too kindly to being threatened or slandered (as sometimes happens). Not saying that this applies to what I am reading here, but this goes along with publicly "calling out" a vendor about a private issue between 2 parties.

For those of us who have business dealing with club members, our relationships were started usually through our involvement with the club. And this involvement has become a sort of "endorsement" by the FGC as to the quality of the services (and customer service) that we as club sponsors/preferred vendors provide. In other words, if someone is cheating people around here club members would not be praising them and therefore you would not have been inclined to do business with them. For an outsider coming to these forums, reading some of the posts like the one above about Dexter and the window tint can give someone an undeserved bad reputation.

Again, I do not feel that the majority of this posting has been done maliciously, but do feel that at times certain club members forget what the club sponsors have done and continue to do to help YOUR club. I am again reminded at times of the saying, "No good deed goes unpunished". How many times do you think potential (or current) sponsors have read some of these posts and told themselves that they'd rather not subject themselves to some of this public "outing"?

Contact Dexter directly and express your concerns and I am sure that he will make sure you are taken care of. After all, I am sure you didn't use these forums to set your original appointment with him, correct?

Last edited by LokeyInfiniti; 08-31-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:09 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
geez all i did was get my car tinted... didn't mean for it to get outta hand

Old 08-31-2005, 05:29 PM
Actually Lokey, I found creative on this very website and took the advice of people that had good dealings with him after reading their posts on this website. My business dealing with Creative has been good also, but I am just worried at this point that my tints will stay the way that they are, after paying over $30K for a car, I really want it to look nice, wouldn't you?

Im sure you are not against the good posts of members praising you and other businesses for the work you have done, I have read many of them. So why is it that you get on the defensive or immediately try to take the business owners/sponsers side when I post something that is not praise or joy at the level of service or workmanship? You are correct, this was not done maliciously or to slander or threaten Creative, I, as an attorney know the difference between making a statement and slander. Do you really expect every person that is concerned or had a bad experience is not supposed to post anything negative on this website? Perhaps if more people did, then there would be less dissatisfied customers, as we would know who to go to and who to stay away from. I understand that Creative is a sponser and so are you, and Im sure you have done many great things, but frankly that just doesnt help me any. I think you as a sponser should promote open forums, not restrictive ones so long as the posts are not malicious or slanderous as you said, I agree with you, but mine was not. Its your website, run it however you want, I made my point.

Neffster I understand your rules as I said above, and I have no problem with them, this is your site, and you can run it however you want. I am sincerely sorry to hear about your grandmother. My condolances to you, I hope you and your family are well. In response to you comments, I just want to let you know that I have contacted Creative directly, I have taken my car back to him, he has been accomodating, I am not saying anything negative about him or his business in my post, for last time, I am simply concerned, and stating what happened in my experience.

To anyone else that has a problem with my post including Creative, I will not be posting on this website any further, I am requesting my password and access be deleted, I'm sorry I ever opened my mouth.

Last edited by Canman; 08-31-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:27 PM
Too bad you feel that way. The stand up thing to have done would have been to try to work things out with Dexter before you came onto the boards and expressed your 'concerns'.

It only takes one unsatisfied customer to come onto these boards and wreck a perfect reputation of a person who has bent over backwards to help this club out. Remember, we see Dexter as a good window tinter and stereo installer. He has been nothing but good to this club and for him all of a sudden to be put in a negative light without at least the opportunity to rectify the situation makes us first question you, not him. Then we question your motives, seeing how you only had 3 posts under your belt and one of them was "airing dirty laundry" about a club sponsor, then there was the fact that you weren't even a club member...

One final word... If Dexter would have saw your post and had he taken offense he might have decided not to have helped you out because you chose to come to the forums before you went to him. I'm not saying this is the case with him, but it is definitely the case in many real world scenarios. Enough said.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
LOL @ JDM- look what you started! j/k

As for CanMan's comments/questions:

1) "I am just worried at this point that my tints will stay the way that they are, after paying over $30K for a car, I really want it to look nice, wouldn't you?"

The answer to that question, of course, is "Yes". Obvious statement #1.

2) Im sure you are not against the good posts of members praising you and other businesses for the work you have done...

See my answer to #1 above. Obvious statement #2.

3) So why is it that you get on the defensive or immediately try to take the business owners/sponsers side when I post something that is not praise or joy at the level of service or workmanship?

This should also be obvious, but here we go. Dexter is a Club Sponsor (of a club to which you don't even belong), and you said yourself that his work passes muster with the Club Members (who are rather particular about their cars and would also answer YES to #1 above). With that kind of track record, and the fact that this website is NOT Dexter's main point of contact, one cannot help but think that airing your concerns on a public forum is the lazy or quick way of seeking a resolution to your "problem". And yes, being a fellow sponsor of the club I tend to agree with Todd's stance of protecting the interests of the Club and its sponsors. However, I also would not condone a sponsor's unwillingness to help a customer- but we're not talking about that, are we? I think we're dealing with some air bubbles in window tint. Until AFTER pursuing this with Dexter firsthand, and not receiving satisfaction, something like your original post should not have made it on this site. That is not promoting "restrictive forums", as you state, but simply having some common courtesy for your fellow man and instilling professionalism into your business dealings.

4) Its your website, run it however you want, I made my point.

This is NOT my website, but it IS a place I frequent due to our involvement with the club and the friendships I have made here.

5) By the way, I see that I am not the only one who felt this was wrong. Neffster pretty much summed it up here: It only takes one unsatisfied customer to come onto these boards and wreck a perfect reputation of a person who has bent over backwards to help this club out. Remember, we see Dexter as a good window tinter and stereo installer. He has been nothing but good to this club and for him all of a sudden to be put in a negative light without at least the opportunity to rectify the situation makes us first question you, not him. Then we question your motives, seeing how you only had 3 posts under your belt and one of them was "airing dirty laundry" about a club sponsor, then there was the fact that you weren't even a club member...