KPtechnologies Remote Sunroof Open/Vent/Close Module TESTING

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
KPtechnologies Remote Sunroof Open/Vent/Close Module TESTING

KPtechnologies is gearing up to FINALLY release the much anticipated Remote Sunroof Open/Vent/Close module!!!!!

The module will mount under your dash, make 7 connections and is designed to work with the OEM keyfob. To close the sunroof you hit the 'LOCK' button twice while the car is off. To Open or Vent the sunroof you hit the 'Lock' button followed by the 'Unlock' button. There isn't a separate open and vent sequence, but the end result is programmable (default is vent). You can easily reprogram the vent/open option at any time, as many times as you would like.

Once the module receives its command it will power on the OEM sunroof controller and issue the open/vent/close command to it. In the new version the main ignition is no longer switched on! The RAP system is never engaged, and therefore does NOT need to be shut down anymore! Also, the sunroof module now works flawless with the KPtechnologies window up module, and NO wiring changes are needed for integration! The windows will still lower from the keyfog as always, EVEN when the sunroof is remotely changing positions. There are NO changes to functionality of any component or aspect of the vehicle.

The module keeps track of all sunroof activity and 'tracks' its movement from closed to vent to open and stores the sunroof position in memory. This way, if the sunroof is already closed and you hit the lock button twice the KPtechnologies module will know that the sunroof module is already closed and won't clost it again (resulting in venting the sunroof!). As the software does have limited 'smarts' it is possible for the module to 'lose' track of the sunroof. If this happens it is possible to quickly 'reteach' the module to get it back on track.

The connections are as follows:

1. Sunroof Open switch (at switch)
2. Sunroof Close switch (at switch)
3. Door Lock (BCM)
4. Door Unlock (BCM)
5. Sunroof RAP signal (above BCM)*
6. Power (BCM or Ignition)
7. Ground (BCM or Ignition)

* Must cut wire and install a KPtechnologies provided diode pack!

OK, here is what we need from the FGC:

We currently have three sunroof modules installed or waiting to be installed and we would like a fourth tester. We are looking for a member of the FGC that can install the sunroof module within 1 week of recieving it (install should take 3 hours IF done slowly and carefully, 1 hour if experianced at taking the G apart!). We would like to have someone who can self install the module, so they can provide first hand feedback on our installation instructions.

In return, KPtechnologies will provide a FREE sunroof module, including shipping. We will also offer unlimited support during the installation process (none should be needed because our instructions that I'm going to make tomorrow will be perfect )

I would like to STRESS that this is for TESTING. KPtechnologies would like to get feedback ASAP as our public release will be waiting on this feedback. We are NOT sending this module to sit on a shelf somewhere! If sometime comes up and installation is not completed we would like to see the module transferred to another member of the FGC who can install the module in a timely fashion!

Please feel free to post all questions here, PM me, or post in our support forum at www.KPtechnologies.com/forums

Thank you all,

Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
www.KPtechnologies.com

Old 10-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow...some Lazy People These Days...

Old 10-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd jump ALL OVER THIS but I've been told that I already have one coming! Thank you soooooooooo much Kevin for finally getting this module in the final beta testing phase.

OK some of you Tampa guys who have Daniel at your disposal should be JUMPING ALL OVER THIS! Just imagine being able to open & close your sunroof with the OEM remote FOR FREE!

Old 10-05-2005, 07:57 PM
THE BATMOBILE
ill take it

Old 10-05-2005, 08:15 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
bout freakin time
when is mine gettin here
install is realatively easy. you will get a handy dany install tool which is nothing more than a large zip tie with the end cut off of it. that is used to run the wires from the a piller to the switch. make sure you tape the wires on there good. also make sure you have good connections, we recommend soldering them on there. all wires are to be tapped except for the one that needs to be cut (rap wire for sunroof power). if you have any questions feel free to call me my number is in teh contact list in the members section.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:16 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
I'll take one if you wanna test it on an 2005....

we'll see how it works in conjunction to the other KP stuff I have:

auto lock
rpm switch (currently on the ignition wire....will be changed to crank wire)
vcd
window roll up
shift light

Last edited by g8tor20; 10-05-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:28 PM
awesome..so there's a separate module for windows up? how much are these modules???

Old 10-05-2005, 08:32 PM
FGC President
you have pm

Old 10-05-2005, 08:45 PM
pm responded...

Old 10-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by g8tor20
I'll take one if you wanna test it on an 2005....

we'll see how it works in conjunction to the other KP stuff I have:

auto lock
rpm switch (currently on the ignition wire....will be changed to crank wire)
vcd
window roll up
shift light
Does your shift light work? The new module Dan left for me at CPrace doesn't work.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
you have pm
I will buy the sunroof mod from you at the next meet if it is available, but I need you to look over my VDC and shift light.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:20 PM
FGC President
jorge

we have the solution to the shift light problems. i have a new one here at my place i just have to apply the fix and then send them out.

you todd jason and myself all get new ones
i was supposed to send those out a while back when i got them but none worked in my car so i never sent them out. now we have the fix and i am goin to test them all out in my car to make sure they work and then i will send them out.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Jorge, believe it or not my shift light actually works well. I still need the new box to have the non-beta tester version of the shift light, but this thing is cool!

Also my VDC and window roll up modules all work FLAWLESSLY! Every now and again the door lock gets "unprogrammed" but that's probably due to me fat fingering the unlock button too many times on the OEM key fob.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by neffster
Jorge, believe it or not my shift light actually works well. I still need the new box to have the non-beta tester version of the shift light, but this thing is cool!

Also my VDC and window roll up modules all work FLAWLESSLY! Every now and again the door lock gets "unprogrammed" but that's probably due to me fat fingering the unlock button too many times on the OEM key fob.
Neff,

my window roll up works well also, and I had the same problem of the auto lock unprogamming itself. I finger my key fob at the time.

My VDC works well too, but sometimes it is not on when I turn the car back on, and I will have to hit the VDC button again to turn it on. I think it might be cause of my turbo timer, but Kevin told me to check which wire it was wired to. I am the worst at fixing things, so that's why I want Dan to look at it.

As far as the shift light, it never worked properly so CPrace disconnected the module and left everything wired up. I have no doubt Dan and Kevin will get it straightened out. Their customer service has been SUPERB!

Old 10-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Well I am still waiting for my AWESOME "How do you get it up?" t-shirt! Other than that Dan's totally been on the ball.

BTW, Kevin just announced that he'll be donating quite a few surprises for the next ALL FLORIDA MEET raffle. Oops, have I said too much?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KPtechnologies Remote Sunroof Open/Vent/Close Module TESTING