MAJOR audio help needed in miami area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2005 | 08:26 PM
|
Originally Posted by SFLG35
is the loc grounded???
that can make a huge difference right there. todds had one ground and mine had two one for each channel
is the loc adjustable? if so turn it pretty much all the way down.
how high do you have the gains turned up on the amp?

dont through it all away just get the dd and a nice head unit and fix it that way.

also you lights will flicker even with a cap in this car. i have a 1F cap and 760W amp running one 12 and my lights still flicker. i used to run this same exact setup (except had 2 12s) in my previous car and when i added the cap it stopped my lights from flickering just not in this car.

from what i have gathered is that in this car you will need to get some heavy gauge wire and run it from the alternator to the battery as well as get a optima yellow top as well.
my gain is half way, and no, the loc is not grounded, ive had people review my install 3 times so far but i still think its wrong, cause plugging in both RCA shouldnt screw it up.....and as for my lights? i know they will flicker heh, its just draining on battery....my stock unit might be the problem, ive had some poeple tell me, but then i know tons of people with stock HU and subwoofers in their car ... =\ /sigh i dunno - sound advice told me today, 200 bucks to reinstlal it all right, but i dont wnana spend yet more money on this

Old 10-15-2005 | 01:43 AM
FGC President
get a different loc and see if that helps. get one that is groundable.
if yours can be grounded then ground it and see what happens.

Old 10-15-2005 | 01:53 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
With both RCA's hooked up, some of the sound is being cancelled out. The distance in speakers may be different so the manufacturer may have delayed one of the signals just slightly. I dunno if that is right, just a guess.

One battery and one 50 farad cap should do the trick hahahaah.

Honestly though, I would just upgrade the battery in the front under the hood and get one humongous CAP or just put the upgraded battery in the trunk.

When you say your lights flicker... do they just DIM or do they actually flash?

I like the grounding idea you guys.

Good luck!

Adrian

Old 10-15-2005 | 08:34 AM
FGC President
yeh i mean dim
people in the audio section got me sayin flicker but yes its dimming sorry bout that. same thing my old jeep used to do.

Old 10-15-2005 | 11:27 AM
|
my lights dim, but thats not a problem....becuase i know they are goiing to dim, the problem i want solved is the random turning off of the car and the subs alone going BOOOOOOM for 5-10 seconds, dimming lights are unavoidable unless you get another battery and i know this. I just wish i could get home, park my car in the garage, and not turn it off without it exploding randomly...sometimes it doesnt do it for a day or 2, works fine for 3 hours, then does it randomly when i turn off the car

Old 10-15-2005 | 12:08 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
if it is just your new sub making noise when you turn off the car and not your other speakers, then it probably wont be your head unit. How are you tapping your LOC? before the amp or after the amp? I still would like to know which brand you are using. There isnt any ground on LOC b/c you are just tapping into speaker lines. Have you tried to testing your amp and speaker setup with a external source such as a ipod as your input? if you have no issues with the woofer using a ipod thru the rca input as a source and regular speakers are not making any noise. Get a new LOC.

Old 10-15-2005 | 06:59 PM
|
the brand of the LOC is a tsunami from circuit city, doesnt look the most professional.....but i get clean bass, and no problems, its just that BOOOM when i turn the car off. Today i noticed that if i turn up the gain on the control **** the boooom is loud, with it all thje way down its fine. Therefor, i thnink its the amp staying on after the car is off for a couple seconds, i was suggersted to get a switch on my REM cable to the amp, need to see what id o about that

Old 10-15-2005 | 07:01 PM
|
btw im tapping the loc after the amp - rear speakers

Old 10-15-2005 | 07:03 PM
FGC President
i bet he tapped after the amp. you must tap before the amp

Old 10-27-2005 | 02:29 PM
hey... unfortunately i only had a really quick glance at your post... but for all audio stuff, go to the sound advice in miami off of kendall... 305-273-1225,

ask for jose or jonathon... i took my car there for everything and if jose cant set you straight, no one can

Old 07-14-2006 | 03:03 AM
back from the dead!

Old 07-16-2006 | 12:04 AM
Just joined the forum to try and help yah out. Been reading through this forum for a bit now. Plan on gettin a G35 MT 2006 Athens Blue ( With all the Toys including Active Steering) in about 2 weeks. Hopefully will join the club and do some Track time with you all. Wish I had the car earlier for that Gainsville Track Meet but Oh well. Anyways...

You should splice in before the signal is amped therefore bypassin the need for a LOC. To do this you need to splice into the lines coming in from the HU to the Factory Amp Located on the Left side of the trunk just under your spare tire. You'll need to splice in and convert the wires to RCA then just plug them into your amp and you're done.

Also sound like you're trying to Bridge your amp and not suceeding. Write up in detail which Amp you're using and what model of speakers and I might be able to help there too.

Old 07-16-2006 | 02:05 AM
|
heh - you just dug up a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy old thread =) this has to be about 7 months old, its still doing it to this date, but i just have the 1 rca split into 2

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MAJOR audio help needed in miami area